Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball

Michigan won the B10 championship and are still in it though =P

This is bullshit I demand a recount.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    regular season champs
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
    Michigan won the B10 championship

And the ACC will have a shot to eliminate the Big12 regular season champ on Friday. And hopefully again on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Conference championships end the season though. lol

Michigan got hot at the right time, which is why I chose them to make the elite 8, which is why they'll probably lose next round.

Judging by 97 named after historical figures Rahkman and his pension to destroy about 30% of our possessions this tournament I'd agree with you. Michigan has looked like shit this tournament and got lucky to this point, can't go 7 minutes not scoring against Montana, and have so many empty possessions against Houston where it's this one cut dribble that ends in a turnover / bad shot just by making 2 passes on the perimeter and expect to beat a team like AnM

Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
    Conference championships end the season though. lol
    I think you're joking but when people say x team won the x conference championship they are usually referring the regular season not the conference tournament. I guess it could be argued in the Big10 or other conferences that tournament championships are more important because of the in-conference schedule imbalance.

I got Loyola, Kentucky, Gonzaga, and A&M tonight. I hope Kentucky loses tonight but they're going to win by 20 probably.

Don't blow my cover lol.

It's a personal nitpick of mine though. "We had the best conference record before the conf champs started, so we won the conference..." except you didn't. Back to baseball while I wait for tonights games

I understand what you're saying. In the Big12 every team plays a home and away with every other team, and I tend to think that the 18-game conference season is a better indicator of the overall best team than the single-elimination conference tournament. Also, sometimes teams that have already secured an at-large bid don't take the conference tournaments as seriously and rest their players. But I would say that the conference tournament can be an indicator of which team is playing the best heading into the NCAA tournament. That was the case with Michigan.

Thread Information