Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Why are you guys not talking about trae young yet. My gawd.
    Better question, why is nobody talking about Keita Bates-Diop? Leads the Big Ten in scoring, and is currently carrying us to victory over the #1 team in the nation!

I was considering posting this morning asking if anyone was gonna watch us take down #1 tonight, but decided against it because I didn't wanna jinx it. Glad I didn't!

Go Bucks!

I watched it.

I knew who he was before the game. A few reasons he isn't being mentioned that much. One, Ohio St isn't ranked and so people aren't talking much about the Buckeyes and by extension KBD. Two, he's being overshadowed by some other players, mostly Trae Young and Marvin Bagley.

Nice win today.

I wasn't actually being serious about people not talking about KBD. I couldn't care less who the media talks about. I'm just appreciating the fact that he's a beast. If we didn't choke away double digit leads against Clemson and Butler, we would be ranked right now. Pretty crazy to think about considering where we were last year. In a couple years, I have faith Holtmann turns it around for us.

You'll probably be ranked tomorrow.

What goes into ranking teams anyways? I never really understood the system at all.

Preseason rankings based on how good each team is perceived to be and then W/L record and strength of schedule and a bunch of other subjective metrics. They don't really matter for a lot other than influencing the selection committee in March. The only two things I really care about for the Jayhawks are performance in the NCAA tournament and regular season conference titles.

Jalen Brunson is having an amazing season too.

Ya hes lookin fantastic. I think villanova might be the favourites to win it all. Brunson and Bridges should be 1st round picks.

Some hella good basketball on the mothership last night. Duke goes up 42-40 at half, to down 46-59 with 11:30 to go. Eight and half minutes and only 4 points, no way that team of young kids on the road against the #6 defensive team in the country figures it out that quickly and comes back to win. The game was tied within 6 minutes. Duke scored 35 points in that 11:30, finished on a 30-9 run, and won easily. Incredible, I am so pumped for what that does for the freshmen's confidence.

Then Kansas looks dead in the first half, comes back from 15 down in the second half to beat WVU. I'm happy for you KU fans. I'm sure Larry Scantland is pissed.

Ya nice 2nd half for Duke and especially Gary Trent Jr. Allen shot 1/6 from 3 but Duke still shot 11/21 from 3 which tells me they had players step up and make shots. Good road win against a solid Miami team.

Honestly thought Kansas was going to lose by 12 points. The previous 4 matchups in Morgantown WVU had won and this is probably the worst and softest team that Self has had at Kansas. And WVU plays something more similar to hockey than basketball, and they get away with more at home. So I was pleasantly surprised at the toughness KU showed last night after putting themselves in a hole.

Thread Information