Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball

He is a really good dude. I have nothing but respect for Virginia, and I hate to see it happen to them. But it's still really cool that it happened.

What the actual fuck Virginia

I came so hard.

This is why I watch march madness. For upsets. Fuck your final four of all 1's and 2's. Upsets are all that matters.

They say defense wins championships, but Virginia's offense has been pretty bad all season, so you're always at the mercy of the opposing team's 3 point shooting if you're a team that can only play defense. I had Virginia in my championship game, but that was more because of the lack of confidence I had in the all the teams they were playing rather than confidence I had in Virginia. Then again, I don't really have confidence in anyone this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    They say defense wins championships, but Virginia's offense has been pretty bad all season, so you're always at the mercy of the opposing team's 3 point shooting if you're a team that can only play defense. I had Virginia in my championship game, but that was more because of the lack of confidence I had in the all the teams they were playing rather than confidence I had in Virginia. Then again, I don't really have confidence in anyone this year.
    I think you're falling to the tempo trap with Virginia's offense. They don't score a lot of points because their games have so few possessions. But from an efficiency standpoint, Virginia had a Top 30 offense going into the tourney.

I'm well aware that they like to slow down the tempo, but that style of play can have consequences, as we saw last night. When they need to actually come from behind because their opponent is shooting well, they're not built to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    It's hard to hate Virginia. They play slow and methodically and they have good players who work hard and don't do stupid things on or off the court. But their style of basketball seems to lend itself to sudden collapses. It really sucks for them, but how incredible is it for USMC? We'll never forget watching this game.

Years from now when you look back on this moment, I want you to remember that it was your good friend KB who first came to this thread and told you that you should be watching. Never forget what a good friend I was. And then send your good friend $5. Every. Time. You. Remember.
    The style plus not having any obvious NBA players this year. No Brogdon to get a bucket when they really need it.

I didn't see it in time to join the tao bracket group, but I have Duke winning it all. Against UK in the final too which is looking super smart right about now. Not gonna talk about my dumb picks tho.

Mantis how did you enjoy Chris Webber doing a tOSU game? LOL

I have Duke beating Gonzaga. Cincy and Nova in the Final 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post
    Mantis how did you enjoy Chris Webber doing a tOSU game? LOL
    He's fucking annoying.

KB the UC pick seems to be looking better and better. I grew up watching UC and would like to see them do well, but realistically they're not as good as their ranking showed all season, they just didn't play anybody. Tennessee might give them a game (if they even advance lol), but TN is easily the most overrated 3 seed and were overrated all season, much like many other SEC teams. The basketball rankings this year definitely took a page out of football's book. No bad losses for SEC teams because everyone is so good, right? Hopefully this won't become a new trend each year.

Thread Information