Man, I still can't get over losing. I don't mean to sound cocky, but I genuinely thought Duke was going to win a championship this year. Some years you just feel like things are going to fall into place. I remember thinking that in 2015, the way that team finished the season on a tear, but lost in the semis of the ACC tourney - but were able to rest up for a week and came out super strong on the first weekend and were able to mow through teams (close games against Utah and then Wiscy in the final, but some real blowouts in between). In 2010, I went to Greensboro and watched that Duke team win the ACC tourney, and they had such good leadership with Singler and Scheyer and Nolan Smith, and just the way they were playing that week it felt like no one could beat them. And sure enough, they marched to the final and eeked out that win over Butler.

I had that same sort of feeling about this team. I know they struggled at times and they were far from perfect, but it just felt like Bagley and Carter were so dominant inside and I was sure Grayson's confidence would grow through the first couple games and he would deliver when needed. Obviously anything can happen, Duke could have lost to Rhode Island or something with a bad game - but in my gut I just felt like they were going to put it together. I didn't feel that last year, I didn't feel it with Ingram's team, with Kyrie's team - what I'm saying is it's not just about me thinking our talent is superior to other teams, because obviously Duke consistently has amazing draft classes. Like I said, I had to leave at halftime and just checked the score a few times. With all my heart I just expected them to win (even against a team like Kansas) and I wasn't really worried about it. When I saw that 3 point lead under a minute, I wasn't surprised at all, and I just sort of expected it to be over in another minute. I probably watched replays of Grayson's shot a dozen times last night, and it hurts so much to watch.

I don't know what this post was supposed to be.