Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball

I have a shitty Friday so I'll post predictions for tomorrow's games too. I'm going with Nova, Duke, Kansas, and Texas Tech.

Nova is similar to KU offensively, and better than KU defensively. KU went 3-0 vs WVU this season. I just don't think it's a great matchup for WVU. Nova has the guards to handle the Mountaineers' press, they shoot well from the outside, and they play good defense. And Jay Wright's a good coach. WVU could win, but it would require them to shoot well from 3. And it would also require Jevon Carter to be the best player on the floor. But I think Nova wins by 7.

Syracuse got destroyed on the offensive glass by Michigan St. That's probably due to a couple of things: one, Syracuse plays a zone and it's harder to defensive rebound out of a zone; and two, Michigan St. shot 37 3-pointers against Syracuse, which are easier to get offensive boards from because they hit and bounce off of the rim harder. Michigan St didn't have much success converting those offensive boards to points, though. But Duke is longer than Michigan St. And Marvin Bagley/Wendell Carter will get points out of those offensive boards. Also don't count pn Duke shooting 8/37 from 3. Syracuse has to come off of Duval and help on Bagley when he gets the ball in the post, and they have to hope that Duval misses 3's. And that other Duke players miss 3's. Then they need to rebound. Since that won't happen, Duke will win by 15.

Clemson's good, but KU has Doke back. Graham is due for a good shooting performance, and those usually come after he's had time to rest. But Clemson just kicked the shit out of Auburn and is playing with a lot of confidence. Brownell is also a good coach. I think it will be close either way but I'm taking Kansas by 3.

TTU probably would have won the Big 12 if they had a healthy Zach Smith and Keenan Evans at the end of the season. On the other side, Purdue will be playing without Isaac Haas, or best-case with a very very limited Isaac Haas. Purdue obviously still has other good players - Edwards and Edwards - but I think a healthy Keenan Evans is the best player on either team and I'm taking Tech by 5. Two good coaches: Matt Painter and Chris Beard.

I'll eat my hat if we lose to Syracuse at this point in the season. Syracuse doesn't have the depth to rebound with Duke. Boeheim and K both tend to keep tight rosters - Boeheim for the entire season uses very little bench, while K tends to tighten up the lineups as games become more important. But this season is different, especially in the paint. Bagley, Carter, DeLaurier, and Bolden are going to see time on the floor, and they'll have fresh legs to rebound the basketball. If any of the shooters are making shots I don't think the game stays very close. Duke could come out and have a terrible game and Syracuse could win, but it would take a really bad night for that to happen. Michigan State shot 26% and nearly won. I can't imagine what 26% shooting from the floor would mean for Duke - Bagley and Carter just chucking jumpshots all night? No way those two don't find their way to the rim.

I like all of your picks. The thing about Clemson is they need a lead to play well, and sometimes even that doesn't work. Auburn was so cold to start that game and fell so far behind that Clemson never had to sweat, and they played with so much confidence. If this team still had Grantham, I'd say they could win. But as it stands I don't think it's going to be as close as analysts expect. Kenpom has it at 72-71 Kansas. I'd be shocked if Clemson played that well.

I mean I hope Syracuse wins because I don't think KU can match up very well with Duke, but I just really really don't see that happening. Doke is big, but he's not quick enough to stay in front of Bagley. Bagley will foul him out of the game in about 10 minutes. De Sousa is so raw. Lightfoot is too small. Sosinski is too small and isn't a basketball player. Dedric and KJ Lawson are not eligible. And Billy Preston accepted a car. Bagley's going to go for about 40 and 20. The only thing KU would have working for them in that game is that Duke plays a zone, and KU's 4 guard lineup shoots 45%, 40%, 40%, and 38% from 3. I think it would be a game if they can make 3's. Here's to hoping we get to see that game, still need to play a good Clemson team.

And my predictions for today are already horrible. Michigan is kicking the shit out of A&M, which I should have suspected would happen since A&M is the most up-and-down team in the country.

The Golden State Wolverines are 8-11 from deep. Make that 9-12 from deep. Holy smokes!

RaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsR aisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRa isinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRai sinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRais insRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisi nsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisin sRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisins RaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsR aisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRa isinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRai sinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRais insRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisinsRaisi ns

RAISINSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

What even is this tournament?

Say What?

Duke is winning this!

-SW

That game got ugly in the middle, not really unexpected. Even though he outcome wasn’t really in question, it was awesome to see them fight back and make it respectable. Great season from the Tigers, and an amazing finish to the season considering the player they lost in Grantham.

Duke v Kansas this is gonna be juicy.

It would be nice if the officials would call the same fouls on both ends.

Thread Information