Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball

I hate that all the headlines are about Duke and UNC and Kansas, when the players from those schools are only on the “had lunch with an agent” list. The document doesn’t even say who paid for the meal, he player could have split the heck and done nothing wrong. While somebody like Dennis Smith Jr took tens of thousands in loans but State doesn’t make for a sexy headline. I wish ESPN were less vague with their reporting of it. Wendell Carter had lunch with an agent - if that’s the only accusation against Duke, that’s not even a slap on the wrist. Carter pays back the cost of the meal to charity.

KB, if you honestly believe that Duke has not paid players, you're delusional. Just like I would be delusional to think Ohio State football has never done anything like that.

What’s funny is how widespread this is. To me, the NCAA is a joke. Players should get paid, or abolish the one and done rule.

I agree more with KB on this. Schools are innocent until proven otherwise and I think it's important to treat each school separately and not lump all of them together. Jeff Capel has a bit of a history, but from the reports it doesn't look like Duke has done much more than pay a few hundred dollars for a meal. ESPN lists Duke, Carolina, Kansas, Kentucky on the report because it creates more clicks. Maybe they are paying recruits to go to their schools, but they are also the four premiere basketball schools in the country and it stands to reason that they attract a lot of talent for that reason.

The NCAA has been a joke for a long time now.

14 is great. Really happy for this team because a few weeks ago I didn't think they would get it. A bit of luck with Tech's Evans being injured for sure. It happens, though. KU played without Preston the entire season and without De Sousa for most of it. If there was a year to get Kansas it was definitely this one. KU is going to be better and a lot deeper next season. Depending on who stays and who goes for KU, as well as what Romeo Langford decides to do, next season's team could be very very special. If Doke stays and Langford comes to KU then fucking forget about it.

Hopefully this season's team can go far in the tournament. They don't have much depth and they rely too much on the 3 so I think a sweet 16 or elite 8 is probably as far as they'll go. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    14 is great. Really happy for this team because a few weeks ago I didn't think they would get it. A bit of luck with Tech's Evans being injured for sure. It happens, though. KU played without Preston the entire season and without De Sousa for most of it. If there was a year to get Kansas it was definitely this one. KU is going to be better and a lot deeper next season. Depending on who stays and who goes for KU, as well as what Romeo Langford decides to do, next season's team could be very very special. If Doke stays and Langford comes to KU then fucking forget about it.

Hopefully this season's team can go far in the tournament. They don't have much depth and they rely too much on the 3 so I think a sweet 16 or elite 8 is probably as far as they'll go. Hope I'm wrong.
    Yeah I am thinking probably a S16 team but EE tops and it would be over achieving imo. Just so thin up front.

Congrats guys. Considering the improvement in the conference this year and the “down” year for KU, that’s a heck of an accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Congrats guys. Considering the improvement in the conference this year and the “down” year for KU, that’s a heck of an accomplishment.
    It definitely is a down year, by crazy standards. Only really playing 7 guys and one of them is close to a walk-on with a scholarship.

Ohio State only has 3 losses to teams outside the RPI top 50. All 3 are to #81 Penn State. That's nuts.

Unfuckingbelievable how bad the officiating was yet again. I don't have a voice right now because of how much I was screaming at my TV. Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, they always found a way to make a call or no call worse than the one before. Penn State always plays better against us than any other team, but they usually need that extra help from the zebras too.

Thread Information