Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Ohio State only has 3 losses to teams outside the RPI top 50. All 3 are to #81 Penn State. That's nuts.
    Bad match-up type deal? I didn't watch those games.

I think KU could play Oklahoma State 10 times this year and we'd maybe win once.

1 out of 10 is generous for KU. I think they'd beat us 10 out of 10 times. We get to lose to them again after they beat Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post
    Bad match-up type deal? I didn't watch those games.

I think KU could play Oklahoma State 10 times this year and we'd maybe win once.
    It's partially a bad matchup but honestly two out of those three games should have definitely been wins for OSU. First time was a half court desperation buzzer beater, a game where we should have been up by near double digits if officiating was close to even, despite the fact that Penn State was 11 for 13 from 3 point range and everything was falling, contested or not.

Second time we just shit down our leg completely. It was ugly on both sides of the ball for us and just embarrassing.

Then this recent time was reminiscent of the first game. One point loss again. Complete fucking joke of a game with one-sided officiating throughout the entire 40 minutes. We also gave up entirely too many offensive rebounds due to repeated failures to box out. They had like literally 20 second chance points. Again though, would have been a double digit or near double digit lead without the awful officiating. Plain and simple. It was that bad. Only way we were gonna overcome it was playing near flawless basketball. I've talked to quite a few people without a dog in the fight that watched the game and agreed completely. Yeah yeah yeah #RefConspiracy yada yada yada fuck you all.

All I can do is hope that in the tournament the officiating crews are better (or at the very least consistent for both teams). When it's bad, our players get frustrated, coach Holtmann gets frustrated and it just affects the rest of our play because we have to be soft on defense and get less aggressive on offense too. When we play tough, aggressive basketball on both ends of the floor and don't play scared, we've proven we can compete with the best teams.

The consistency just isn't there though, so I will probably pick us to lose in the second round, depending on our matchup.
    Last edited by Mantis; 03-05-2018 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    1 out of 10 is generous for KU. I think they'd beat us 10 out of 10 times. We get to lose to them again after they beat Oklahoma.
    Next year tho!

Well I guess you were right about that 1/10, Gyps. Oklahoma St looked pretty tired especially in the 2nd half and Kansas didn't play like hot garbage today. This tournament really doesn't matter though for Kansas. I don't care if they are a 1 or a 2 seed. I don't want Graham or anyone to get hurt in a meaningless game right before the tournament. On the other hand, with Doke out I'm excited for De Sousa to get another game with a lot of minutes. He had 8 boards and 4 offensive boards today. He's just going to keep getting better as he gets more experience.

Unfortunately the bad purple team won today so KU has the Raisins in Phog East tomorrow. Larry Bird Jr will probably go off.
    Last edited by manonfire101; 03-08-2018 at 06:51 PM.

Well, this was a shitty day of basketball.

Selection wasn't too bad but some of the bubble teams I thought they just got wrong. Oklahoma and Syracuse should not be in the tournament. The omission of St. Mary's is a little baffling. I know they lost to BYU, but they are 19 in the coaches poll and 20 in the AP poll. They should have been in comfortably in my view.

If they were actually trying to have the best teams in the tournament then remove Oklahoma, Syracuse, Arizona St and put in St Mary's, Oklahoma St, and Notre Dame.

I like KU's draw a lot.

I am actually really really surprised that the committee didn't put Mizzou, WSU, or UNC in the same region as KU.

Saint Mary's got fucked. Like you said, Oklahoma and ASU shouldn't be in. Kinda surprised Kansas got the 1 seed, but they were a 2 at the lowest and you're right, they have a very easy path while basically playing with a home court advantage. MSU only getting a 3 seed is kind of a joke.

Ohio State has a rough path to the sweet 16. Not only does SDSU have a great offense that can keep them in any game, but Zaga is very underseeded at 4 and have already destroyed us early in the season. Oh well.
    Last edited by Mantis; 03-11-2018 at 07:53 PM.

I mean, I was pretty sure KU was going to be the 3rd one seed after they won the Big 12 tournament and after Duke lost to Carolina. They have an RPI of 5 and a SOS of 3. They won the Big12 regular season outright and the Big12 tournament. Didn't think that was controversial at all. KU's path is easy until the elite 8 until they have to play Duke/MSU. Both of those teams are very good. But it's the elite 8, and those games should be tough so whatever.

I would also disagree with Ohio State having the toughest path of any 5 seed. I think that's clearly Kentucky. They would have to go through Arizona and Virginia just to get to the elite 8. Fuck that.

Thread Information