Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: College Basketball

I feel like Zion would be just as hype on any team, no?

Not really. Put him in some random midtier school like Wichita and they wouldn't suck his dick every 30 minutes on Sportscenter, prolly every other day.

High Profile Coach + High Profile Recruit + Huge successful program = recipe for a media darling relationship.

Perfect example is Aaron Gordon, he was a consensus top 5 recruit in the nation, committed to Arizona, who at the time was right on the cusp, they made that huge run in '14, before they got fucking annihilated by Frank Kaminsky (who after that game, the national media paid attention to as well)

But if you reverse that role, and put Aaron Gordon and Frank Kaminsky on Duke to start the season, the hype train would begin rolling. It is what it is, basketball fans know the hype about certain prospects and don't need scott van pelt blurting out snapple cap facts about the new duke / kansas / K-St recruits/ UConn undefeated streak every commercial break. But to a casual fan of the sport who isn't involved in a recruiting trail, it's just the next Kornheiser "Is he better than Jordan?" argument they can tune into.

But I'm sure to people like Gypsy and maybe Manon, for every Zion, they can give you probably about 10-15 midmajors filled with Van Vleets, Kaminskys, and Patrick Youngs who should get the hype they rightfully deserve from the media based on what they are doing in their school, not a stereotypical "Tale of the tape" between Player X and Y. Did anyone here about Takko Fall before that game? Probably not, but he's a really cool story and people like that are overshadowed because Coach K has them.

I mean hell, Michigan had the friggin son of Hardaway and Glenn Robinson on the same team and Sportscenter was like "NAH HOMIES SALL BOUT DAT KANSAS SHIT THIS YEAR. AND JABARI PARKER."

That is really well said dude. Props.

Why are so many one and done's going to Duke now? Hardly any used to.

This tourney sucked.

The Gonzaga/UCLA game tonight was probably the best college basketball game I’ve ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I thought you Kansas boys would appreciate this.

Quality post, KB. It was even better than that until recently. We've been slipping a little at home in the last how ever many years.

The statistic about KU that always impresses me the most is we've only had 8 head coaches since 1898.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Quality post, KB. It was even better than that until recently. We've been slipping a little at home in the last how ever many years.

The statistic about KU that always impresses me the most is we've only had 8 head coaches since 1898.
    How the fuck have you only had that many?

Thread Information