Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: College Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post
    Where is Manon? Melting down about a bad exhibition performance just wasn't the same without him.
    That IU KU game was fantastic last night, or at least in spite of the litany of insane and insistent foul calls. Had to come here cause ya boys are who I think about when I think of KU. Sorry it turned the way it did for ya'll, but that was a great start to the season for our program.

Marez! Did that fantasy league scam us?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    That IU KU game was fantastic last night, or at least in spite of the litany of insane and insistent foul calls. Had to come here cause ya boys are who I think about when I think of KU. Sorry it turned the way it did for ya'll, but that was a great start to the season for our program.
    All of my interactions with IU fans were pleasant I was surprised. Before and after the game online it was really something.

And yeah the game was exciting despite the refs.

I wore that jayhawk football jersey for the game that's in my office gypsy. I'm never wearing it again because they lost.

49 fouls called in a 40 minute game. Why do they insist on ruining basketball? And this isn't salt, Kansas got screwed by more calls than Duke. It just sucks to watch a game that has to pause every 30 seconds for a foul call, often with little to no contact.

Grayson Allen 4-15. Unable to create his own shot even when Duke really, really needed him to score. Not sure why people think he's a POY candidate. He can be a great scorer when he's not being shutdown by a good defender. But Christ he looks bad at times. Jeter still looks bad to me. Had a couple of good blocks, but his rebounding technique is shit and he can't score. He got rejected by the rim because he tried to one hand it. How has he not progressed more than this? All that complaining aside, this team will be monstrous when Giles and Tatum and Bolden are playing. Definitely lacked presence in the paint in the second half once Amile got in foul trouble.

The refs will end up reverting after a bit....I HOPE. I agree the officiating was poor and hurt both sides. Josh was just working into a groove and his third and fourth fouls were suspicious. The tech he absolutely deserved and the 5th foul even if Kennard flopped (he did) was still a foul.

Jeter seems really soft. Bragg has the same problem.

Allen seems to struggle with length. Provided Giles and Tatum stay healthy in particular that just does so much for Duke. Better spacing, better depth etc...

It's clear to me that Duke is a FF team when healthy.

Thread Information