Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Tao baseball daily h2h league

I think I have the best RP trio in the league, but I'm not sure. I've never seen Edwin Diaz, but I researched him online quite a bit and targetted him. Diaz and Cespedes were the only two guys I was 100% targeting. I wasn't targeting either of my third basemen (Sano or Ramirez) but I think they are good complements. Like Sano is HR power potential with Ks, and Ramirez is high batting average, low power and decent steal potential. Both have 3B/OF versatility, but my lack of batting depth means I'd need to pick someone up if either isn't starting so it's irrelevant which spot they are at.

After looking at Ramirez a bit more he seems basically like Lindor, but batting in a worse spot in the lineup (after EE instead in front of him). I think there is a shot that Ramirez picks up 2B eligability too, which then puts me at C/Sanchez 1/Bird 2/Ramirez SS/Swanson 3/Sano OF/HarperCespedesPence then UTIL a guy which would be nice.

I targeted Gary Sanchez, but JT Realmuto was my backup target followed by Francisco Cervelli, I wanted to reach on Sanchez though because like Gattis on previous years having the HR potential at C is pretty unique I think.
    I wanted Goldy, Rizzo, Votto, or EE and if I didn't end up with one of them in the first two rounds I was going to reach on Greg Bird.
    The SS I targeted were Machado, Tulo, Swanson, Crawford.
    The 2B were LeMathieu, Schoop, Panik. I wanted Schoop or Panik the most because I wanted to try this Cuban guy Moncado that I had been reading about. I figured investing too highly would make trying to fit Moncado in later in the year when he comes up (if he comes up) harder.
    The 3B I thought I'd miss tbh and would just get one when I got one. I didn't research this position at all since early on I assumed I was just going to draft Machado again and actually forgot to plan it out.
    OF: I wanted Cespedes the most. Harper was who I told my girlfriend to draft when my phone made the draft sounds when I was driving and I couldn't see who was actually available. I'm pretty happy with Harper though and he was a top 3 pick last year and superman the year before. I also really wanted to pick up Pence after being excited to get him last year, but didn't get to fully enjoy it with his injury. Ended up getting Ramirez and Sano at 3B with OF versatility so that's cool.

SP I strongly considered taking Scherzer at 8 overall. I figured I might get locked out in the second so maybe I should reach (and would have if Altuve was the top pick that fell to me at 8, because I didn't want a 2B). Then the second round SPs were all on my board, but I was happy to get Kluber back. Price I saw had injury concerns and I targeted him based off the fears I read in comment sections. I hope I get a couple months of good play from him. Similar plan with my first pick ever (in the first round of my first time in this league) of Strasburg, but hopefully even more games than Price. After that I wanted at least one of the Mets top 3 pitchers, and I think I got one in Matz. The other SPs I got were guys I considered or picked up in previous years.

RP I think I have the strongest trio. It was very important to me to land 2 good save guys with high K potential which I think I got in Chapman and Diaz, but also a hold guy that might contribute a few saves and Addison Reed fit that profile with my last year RP Familia (also had the Dodger guy Kenley Jansen and someone else but I don't remember, maybe Rosenthal?).

Overall having my three RP I think I should, as an active manager, be able to do a lot of those SP overloads to squeeze extra wins.

I like most of the teams, minus the ones with too many batters and not enough SPs to hit even the max SPs in a week. I think most teams (but not all) are weak on RP too which should help me make the playoffs even if my young guys struggle for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    I think I have the best RP trio in the league, but I'm not sure. I've never seen Edwin Diaz, but I researched him online quite a bit and targetted him. Diaz and Cespedes were the only two guys I was 100% targeting. I wasn't targeting either of my third basemen (Sano or Ramirez) but I think they are good complements. Like Sano is HR power potential with Ks, and Ramirez is high batting average, low power and decent steal potential. Both have 3B/OF versatility, but my lack of batting depth means I'd need to pick someone up if either isn't starting so it's irrelevant which spot they are at.

After looking at Ramirez a bit more he seems basically like Lindor, but batting in a worse spot in the lineup (after EE instead in front of him). I think there is a shot that Ramirez picks up 2B eligability too, which then puts me at C/Sanchez 1/Bird 2/Ramirez SS/Swanson 3/Sano OF/HarperCespedesPence then UTIL a guy which would be nice.

I targeted Gary Sanchez, but JT Realmuto was my backup target followed by Francisco Cervelli, I wanted to reach on Sanchez though because like Gattis on previous years having the HR potential at C is pretty unique I think.
    I wanted Goldy, Rizzo, Votto, or EE and if I didn't end up with one of them in the first two rounds I was going to reach on Greg Bird.
    The SS I targeted were Machado, Tulo, Swanson, Crawford.
    The 2B were LeMathieu, Schoop, Panik. I wanted Schoop or Panik the most because I wanted to try this Cuban guy Moncado that I had been reading about. I figured investing too highly would make trying to fit Moncado in later in the year when he comes up (if he comes up) harder.
    The 3B I thought I'd miss tbh and would just get one when I got one. I didn't research this position at all since early on I assumed I was just going to draft Machado again and actually forgot to plan it out.
    OF: I wanted Cespedes the most. Harper was who I told my girlfriend to draft when my phone made the draft sounds when I was driving and I couldn't see who was actually available. I'm pretty happy with Harper though and he was a top 3 pick last year and superman the year before. I also really wanted to pick up Pence after being excited to get him last year, but didn't get to fully enjoy it with his injury. Ended up getting Ramirez and Sano at 3B with OF versatility so that's cool.

SP I strongly considered taking Scherzer at 8 overall. I figured I might get locked out in the second so maybe I should reach (and would have if Altuve was the top pick that fell to me at 8, because I didn't want a 2B). Then the second round SPs were all on my board, but I was happy to get Kluber back. Price I saw had injury concerns and I targeted him based off the fears I read in comment sections. I hope I get a couple months of good play from him. Similar plan with my first pick ever (in the first round of my first time in this league) of Strasburg, but hopefully even more games than Price. After that I wanted at least one of the Mets top 3 pitchers, and I think I got one in Matz. The other SPs I got were guys I considered or picked up in previous years.

RP I think I have the strongest trio. It was very important to me to land 2 good save guys with high K potential which I think I got in Chapman and Diaz, but also a hold guy that might contribute a few saves and Addison Reed fit that profile with my last year RP Familia (also had the Dodger guy Kenley Jansen and someone else but I don't remember, maybe Rosenthal?).

Overall having my three RP I think I should, as an active manager, be able to do a lot of those SP overloads to squeeze extra wins.

I like most of the teams, minus the ones with too many batters and not enough SPs to hit even the max SPs in a week. I think most teams (but not all) are weak on RP too which should help me make the playoffs even if my young guys struggle for a bit.
    I'd gladly trade you Odor or Kinsler for OF help.

From reading your reasoning on a lot of things the issue I see is you drafted based on this being H2H with categories not H2H with points. Certain players become way more valuable/useless based on the scoring.

I picked up Odubel Herrera for Yoan Moncada just now.

I think this is smart, but I dunno. I'm doing it because I think with Kipnis missing about a month my Ramirez guy can pick up 2B eligibility so then my lineup looks like

C: Sanchez
    1b: Bird
    2b:Ramirez
    ss: Dansby Swanson
    3b: Sano
    OF: Harper
    OF: Cespedes
    OF: Herrera/Pence
    Util: Pence/Schoop

Kinda sucks long term if Ramirez doesn't pick up 2B elig though, and I'm not 100% how that works.

@Philly: I'm not trading Harper or Cespedes (or my Yankees at least until I see them for a bit)

Well today didn't go as planned...hopefully this isn't a common occurrence through the year. Not surprised about Tanaka proving that spring training means nothing right off the bat though..

Quote Originally Posted by I'malive View Post
    Well today didn't go as planned...hopefully this isn't a common occurrence through the year. Not surprised about Tanaka proving that spring training means nothing right off the bat though..
    I watched that game (Naturally) Longo hit the blast, but literally it bounced on the top of the wall and went over, a cm shorter and it'd of been a long single, and Judge got caught in between on a tough Keirmeirer (sp? lol) liner that gave up a run, everything they hit just happened to go somewhere bad. Just an unlucky game honestly.

Just admit it... the Yankees are overrated

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Just admit it... the Yankees are overrated
    They are. Just a shitty luck game, Tanaka's BABIP that game was like ... .800 something, even with weak contact. It happens lol

Ur not easily trolled

This place has given me the ability to regenerate butt hurt feelings at such an abnormal rate I'm immune to most emotional pain now a days.

Thread Information