Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Tao baseball daily h2h league

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post

Rank 8: Blex 5-5

Blex started out the year pretty strong, but a massive injury to his most important player Noah Syndergaard has led to a pretty mediocre record. If he continues to tread water into the playoffs and syndergaard comes back, this is a team that could upset someone, but with Philly, Dino and Sano not far behind, he should have a difficult time making the playoffs without his ace. Similar boat to mistretta, but not the same luck.
    Solid work spencer, I like it.

You forgot to mention my first round pick (Josh Donaldson) has also been out for about 80% of the season so far. Ive been playing without my 1st and 2nd round picks for the majority of the season.

I seriously love Blexican and Manon's drafts back when he used to play.

If we go by drafting skill alone then Blexican wins but with managing skill throw in there then...

Quote Originally Posted by Blexican View Post
    Solid work spencer, I like it.

You forgot to mention my first round pick (Josh Donaldson) has also been out for about 80% of the season so far. Ive been playing without my 1st and 2nd round picks for the majority of the season.
    Donaldson may be you're best player, but I felt like losing Noah was the more glaring hole just because of the replacement level. It's harder to replace the production of an ace in this league then any other position imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Donaldson may be you're best player, but I felt like losing Noah was the more glaring hole just because of the replacement level. It's harder to replace the production of an ace in this league then any other position imo.
    Valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Veilmenacex View Post
    If we go by drafting skill alone then Blexican wins but with managing skill throw in there then...
    I've done my best to plug holes. Picking up Severino early is probably why im not at the bottom of my division. Picking up Justin Wilson pre closer role was big.

Why was the trade with mistretta veto. I gave up plenty for Aaron Judge.

it's probably more like Springer + SP than Springer+Rendon+Grienke+Price. Springer is the 7th highest OF, Rendon the 6th 3B, Grienke the 6th SP, and Price was hurt but has demonstrated 15 point game already so he should be valued as like SP 10-25 prolly.

That's a lot for OF1. Your team still looks good with batters with the trade, but you lose almost all your pitching, while Mistretta is a massive favorite to win the league with the trade.

C: Evan Gattis (1.8)
    1B: Eric Hosmer (1.9)
    2B: Matt Carpenter (2.3)
    3B: Anthony Rendon (2.5)
    SS: Carlos Correa (2.6)
    OF: George Springer (2.7)
    OF: Michael Brantley (2.0)
    OF: Marwin Gonzalez (2.4)
    UTIL: Ryan Zimmerman (3.1)
    SP: Zach Grienke (11)
    SP: David Price (5.9)
    SP: Madison Bumgarner (9.4)
    SP: Mike Leake (7.3)
    SP: Jake Odorizzi (6.1)
    SP: JA Happ (5.8)
    RP: Seung-Hwan Oh (3.1)
    RP: Corey Knebel (3.6)
    RP: Mark Melancon (3.1)

that's 149.1 batting + 55.3 pitching = 204.4 which would make him the #2 team after Gryph.

C: Salvador Perez (2.1)
    1B: Justin Smoak (2.5)
    2B: Jed Lowrie (2.1)
    3B: Jake Lamb (2.9)
    SS: Corey Seager (2.2)
    OF: Aaron Judge (3.5)
    OF: Corey Dickerson (2.6)
    OF: Aaron Hicks (2.7)
    UTIL: Mitch Moreland (2.1)
    SP: Gio Gonzalez (9.0)
    SP: Ivan Nova (7.9)
    SP: Charlie Morton (7.5)
    SP: Jordan Montgomery (7.1)
    SP: Jaime Garcia (6.4)
    SP: Kyle Freeland (5.8)
    RP: Roberto Osuna (4.0)
    RP: Dellin Betances (3.8)
    RP:

158.9 batting + 51.5 = 210.4

So you actually would be the top team. I wouldn't veto personally, but it's definitely a not traditional trade because it seems super lopsided to Mist. If your guys stay hot though and you manage pitching you -might- win the trade, but it's super risky. Basically I think the veto comes from how low risk it is for Mist and how it enhances his team to pretty insanely elite levels. He gets 3 upgrades for going from currently the best OF to currently the 7th best OF. So his hit is very minimal.

He loses .8 per game on the fall from Judge to Springer. Gains .7 daily on Drury to Rendon, and gets +11 weekly from Grienke and +5.9 weekly from Price. Basically forgeting replacement level Mist is gaining almost 17 points a week for diversifying his risk among 4 superstars instead of one.

I think Springer + SP is way closer, but I don't think the 4 for 1 is absolutely as bad as it looks. The trade makes you like quadruple down on players keeping up hot starts.
    Last edited by Hulky; 06-17-2017 at 12:53 PM.

I'm just super hyped over Aaron Judge. I am all in on him and his bandwagon.

Ya agreed, wasn't too crazy. Shouldn't have vetoed tbh. Though I do agree mistretta probably becomes the best team in the league by far.

Yo spencer told me Judge surpassed Mickey Mantle numbers in 2 months so I went all in.

Thread Information