Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Tao baseball daily h2h league

O.o

*watches as gio falls apart in the second half*

that was basically the worst move of the year given I was shopping Bryce Harper for top 15 SP packages the last few weeks.

I would bet gio collapses by years end and has a 5era the rest of the way.

He was a better pitcher last year looking at his peripheral numbers and he had a 4.57 era.

he cut him and didnt even pick someone up
    I dont get the justification

Stay tuned I guess lol

He has enough wins to make the playoffs. Me, you, Gryph, Mist, Sano, Ima and Veil are essentially playoff locks with one other team that makes it.

September 4-10 is playoff week 1.
    I have Martinez and/or Wainwright v. San Diego/Pirates, Strasburg v. Miami/Phillies, Kluber and/or Salazar v. CWS, Gray v. Angels, and Matz v Phillies/Reds.

Preparing for that week should basically be the sole focus of any of our 7 teams. Some hypothetical future slump and securing nothing in return is kinda impossible to argue as anything other than awful given that top 20 pitcher is facing either the Phillies or Marlins that week. That's probably a 15 point start if it's against the Phillies that he just threw away, and any month long August slump if it were to happen would have no bearing on him making the playoffs.

I'm not justifying it, I just don't think gio is any better then dinelson lamet for example.

Whether Gio will maintain his performance or not is irrelevant imo because he has a high powered offense behind him to help secure wins, which is all I really care about.

Ya I'm not gonna argue that haha. Or even argue for a regression. I don't get against vets pitchers who've proven it unless there's a clear skill deteriation.

I guess what I'm saying for gio is that regression is certainly coming, but he's certainly capable of some quality games in the playoffs. Good pickup by sano.

Thread Information