Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Tao baseball daily h2h league

Monster day from my team: Sanchez HR, Cabrera RBI double, Sano 2 HR, DeJong HR, Marte triple, Santana HR, and two Ws by Kluber and Martinez.

Hey guys, probably poor timing, but I have a few rule change requests heading into next season that I think you might like. Nothing crazy, but will add some depth to the league.

Games pitched per week 8 and Games played boost to 50. This makes sense because of the suggestions below.

Add OF4 or extra Util spot: I think there are too many viable bats available on the waivers after any given draft. OF3 is insanely deep every single year to the point that we can pretty much escape the draft not owning 3 outfielders and be fine knowing we can pick someone decent up off the waivers. I think we all like the waiver aspect of the game, but I would like to make the league just a little bit deeper.

Add bench spot: along with the OF being tremendously deep, I also find SP to be extremely deep. As I look right now, I see guys like Adam Conley and Blake Snell performing well on the waivers without any room on my team. I think adding a bench spot and adding 1 game started per week to the rules would give people incentive to grab an extra sp or do something else creative with their rosters.

And lastly, I would like to see the playoffs come sooner. Preferably 2 weeks sooner at least. During our playoffs, we go deep into September baseball, in fact I think we finish the season with the ship. To me this is a bit of an issue because football season starts and people lose interest #1 and #2 managers start giving players rest more often in September and you have weird variability that you aren't used to. September baseball is a completely different monster from the rest of the season and the later you go into September the more different it gets.

No worries. We'll all have a sit down and chat about it end this year. I have a couple plans on how to remedy most of it though. Mainly booting the inactive people first and foremost. We can add real life friends of yours and ours if they want in. Realistically I want 14-20 next year. Should solve some of the good bats, but this could also be attributed to inactivity.

I'll try to rework the playoff system next year, depending on how many people we could 6 teams (bye to 2 first seeds) if we have 14 that is and make it a 2 week long matchup.

I'm also going to add an extra DL slot due to the 7day DL being added as I didn't think people would be dropping like flies this year.

I'm also planning on reworking the waiver wire, so people who draft shittily can't just pick up 19 free agents in one day and fix the team, picking up a FA would move you down in the waiver wire, stopping someone from making 8 moves in one day and cycling through 3/4ths of the entire player pool constantly.

Those are just random ideas for now. Like i said though, we can talk more once this season ends and spring training starts up, all the active people can all get together on FB messenger or Skype or something and figure it out. Lay out some groundwork.

The frustrating thing about inactives is the main culprit this year is Nightmarez, who is very into baseball. The second worst culprit is probably the guy that joined this year (I think it's Gryph's friend?, not Mist though obv.). Like he's obviously not in last place, but he has made 0 moves this year.

Yeah, he wanted to do it, then did nothing. Shame really. If y'all know people who want to do it, make sure they sign a blood contract and send me a picture of it. I don't want baby back bitches who lose 2 weeks in a row, whine and quit.

fwiw worth though, he is my friend. He's also Mist's brother lol

If we go 20 deep next year, I'd be perfectly happy with the roster construction as is lol.

Seems like every year, one or a few of my key players gets injured just before the playoffs starts.

Seager and Cespedes this year. Gonna have to make it through round 1 without my ss.

Holy fucking big time performances Playoffs week 1 day 1.

Ya no kidding. The 1 v 8 matchup was the only shitty one. Looks like blex is gonna smack the 1 seed outta the playoffs. Take it home blex!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Ya no kidding. The 1 v 8 matchup was the only shitty one. Looks like blex is gonna smack the 1 seed outta the playoffs. Take it home blex!
    If only he was active and started fucking Robbie Ray lol

Thread Information