Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Tao baseball daily h2h league

I kind of feel like a dick now for reading a lot of what you write and targeting some of your boys in the draft. Your posts also made me happy about my accident auto pick of Jose Ramirez lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    I kind of feel like a dick now for reading a lot of what you write and targeting some of your boys in the draft. Your posts also made me happy about my accident auto pick of Jose Ramirez lol.

Haha, it doesn't matter. I always put everything I do in the public sphere mostly on RW but sometimes on Reddit so I expect it, but I also wasn't online for our draft for much of it. I actually only knew it was happening because I got out of one draft and the draft room had just opened. ANd I haven't been moving my roster around this week but I"ve set up my lineup for the next week, I've just been busy particularly since about the first or second week of march.

He's too high on Ramirez tho so....

I guess we will see once he ends up a top 2B that was not a top 2 or 3 round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    He's too high on Ramirez tho so....
    I thought you'd like the guy. I remember you were right on with Brantley near his breakout, and Ramirez is essentially the same player flipping power for speed IMO. Dudes going to K about 8-9% of the time this season man. He's off to a "slow" start but hard to imagine that's even possible to sustain.

Like obviously these numbers mean closer to nothing because of the sample size, but:

12.5% BB% to 6.3% K%? That's nuts. Even flipped that's a really good hitter (6% BB to 12% K%).

He's barely chasing pitches to start the season, his eye is great, his contact skill is great, he has speed, and hit close to 15 last year. I really have no clue why this dude shouldn't be a perennial .310/.365/.450 hitter with 12-18 HRs and 22-25 SBs. That's a stud.

I mean have yo useen my Ramirez facts from 2016? Dude was an absolute stud. I just don't get it. Like don't get me wrong, I prefer Lindor to him and would much prefer to have Lindor, but he was factually better than Lindor last year in about every measurable metric except for raw HR total and Lindor getting more runs, RBIs, and ABs because he bats high in the order. Ramirez had the better Average, he had the better OBP, he had the better SLG, he had the better ISO, going deeper into the advanced type metrics he had the better wRC+ and OPS+ and wOBA and such. Dudes' a stud.

I drafted him at 105 too, so it wasn't even a top 100 pick invested.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    I thought you'd like the guy. I remember you were right on with Brantley near his breakout, and Ramirez is essentially the same player flipping power for speed IMO. Dudes going to K about 8-9% of the time this season man. He's off to a "slow" start but hard to imagine that's even possible to sustain.

Like obviously these numbers mean closer to nothing because of the sample size, but:

12.5% BB% to 6.3% K%? That's nuts. Even flipped that's a really good hitter (6% BB to 12% K%).

He's barely chasing pitches to start the season, his eye is great, his contact skill is great, he has speed, and hit close to 15 last year. I really have no clue why this dude shouldn't be a perennial .310/.365/.450 hitter with 12-18 HRs and 22-25 SBs. That's a stud.

I mean have yo useen my Ramirez facts from 2016? Dude was an absolute stud. I just don't get it. Like don't get me wrong, I prefer Lindor to him and would much prefer to have Lindor, but he was factually better than Lindor last year in about every measurable metric except for raw HR total and Lindor getting more runs, RBIs, and ABs because he bats high in the order. Ramirez had the better Average, he had the better OBP, he had the better SLG, he had the better ISO, going deeper into the advanced type metrics he had the better wRC+ and OPS+ and wOBA and such. Dudes' a stud.
    Ya I'm just yanking ur chain. I like the dude. I think he's an adjustment away from becoming elite. He and Lemahieu are on the cusp.

Hey guys interested to hear what u guys think of this trade. It's a dynasty league, head to head categories for the week with pretty odd but fun (for me) stats. My team is not contending, but I'm not exactly in tank mode either because I'm one of the few teams in the league with good halfway decent pitching (very very deep league). I decided I wanted to trade some of my aging pitching depth and a player who I really don't like to a contending team who needs pitching.

I traded hamels and Bruce for Nick Castellanos and Scott Schebler.

Castellanos is pretty established in the league at this point and showed signs of a breakout last year, so I went for him while his value is still fairly low and I think Schebler has some potential to be an everyday guy in the league at some point soon.

Did I give up too much for 2 players who may not pan out? Would you have preferred to go for younger, higher upside prospects who people in dynasty leagues cover and overvalued?

Personally feel like I probably could have gotten more, but I wanted to pull the trigger as early as possible on Castellanos.

Everyone sucking their own team off after the draft and I'm just over here dropping the most points in the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post

Castellanos is pretty established in the league at this point and showed signs of a breakout last year, so I went for him while his value is still fairly low and I think Schebler has some potential to be an everyday guy in the league at some point soon.

Did I give up too much for 2 players who may not pan out? Would you have preferred to go for younger, higher upside prospects who people in dynasty leagues cover and overvalued?

Personally feel like I probably could have gotten more, but I wanted to pull the trigger as early as possible on Castellanos.
    Castellanos is here to stay, and will be for quite some time. Bruce is one knee injury away (again) from being completely useless for the next 3-5 months and Hamels is starting to break. TBQH I'm interested in Schebler, simply because he was a legit 15-20 HR guy who was also a 15-20 Sb, once he got to AAA he just stopped running, which I'm kinda curious about. If it a club thing, health thing, scouting, y'know?

Thread Information