Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Bug MegaThread

I need Tao, I am forever lost without it. T_T

Surviving

Hey Hulky - I found some errors
    Click new posts, then click Search in "Search • New Posts"

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

search still works though unless Im mistaken just annoying words at the top?

Surviving

I only saw the words, I did not investigate further.

Suddenly every page of the forums loads with a bunch of error messages above the header.

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 355
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ..../includes/functions_navigation.php on line 355
    That's repeated about 50 times at the top of the webpage, then the rest of the page seems to be loaded fine.

EDIT: Some of the links at the top of the forums (like the New Posts button) seem to be missing. And when I opened up the editing box it loads funny - the save button isn't below the post, it's up at the top of the editing box and I have to scroll back up to see it - it hasn't locked in its position.

Let me know if there are any issues that are still lingering. The chat feature has has been disabled for now. It was buggy for a while anyway, and I have been meaning to look into that.

Trying to get in touch with Hulky so I can try to fix the root cause of the issue.

I can copy the posts and threads from today.. and reinstall the backup from 1am this morning.. Or do I need to go more days back? When did the first error get noticed?

I noticed it yesterday (2/22) at about 10 am EST. I was on the forums before that and didn't see anything wrong, so I think it started then.

Do you see how the letters in the CUT are directly above the reputation bars? So letters that hang below the line like "p" and "g" get cut off by the reputation bars. Is this even something that's customizable? Not a big deal, just something I noticed.
    Last edited by KBHoleN1; 06-13-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Can we change the default options for posting images? Right now the default is to upload from your computer and you have to change tabs to get to the URL upload. I know most of the images I post (if not all) are from URLs, and I think this is the case for most people. Seems like default could be from URL with the option to change the tab and upload from your computer. Second thing, and really the important one, is to uncheck the box that retrieves the file and stores it on the server for URLs. This is unnecessary in most cases, and I think a lot of people do this without realizing there's another option. So instead of displaying a full-size image, the forum is hosting the image and giving it to you in this tiny pop-up box that makes it unreadable. And I've seen multiple people not know why this is happening, or thinking it's the only way to get an image on the forum, or thinking the problem has to do with the type of file they're trying to upload.

Thread Information