Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Mlb 2020

Couple fangraphs articles I've read now. Here's an excerpt

You want to talk “harvesting,” this is your guy. He has totally sold out his liner and grounder authority, focusing on more of an uppercut swing to hit the baseball for distance. Very few hitters hit the ball harder as the launch angle increases; however, Votto’s average fly-ball velocity (92.3 mph) exceeds his average liner velocity (90.1 mph), which exceeds his average grounder velocity (79.4 mph). The vast majority of hitters hit their liners hardest of all. Most of the players with such a profile are nearing the end of their productive phase.

Votto’s average overall velocity of 87.3 mph isn’t eye-catching at all; from 2008 to -13, his overall average was over a full STD above league average, but by last season it had settled into the average range. His liner rate has plunged this year. He has simply been no longer content to be the perfect hitter and instead focus on dropping more homers over the short pull-side porch. Hank Aaron, 1971, all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Couple fangraphs articles I've read now. Here's an excerpt

You want to talk “harvesting,” this is your guy. He has totally sold out his liner and grounder authority, focusing on more of an uppercut swing to hit the baseball for distance. Very few hitters hit the ball harder as the launch angle increases; however, Votto’s average fly-ball velocity (92.3 mph) exceeds his average liner velocity (90.1 mph), which exceeds his average grounder velocity (79.4 mph). The vast majority of hitters hit their liners hardest of all. Most of the players with such a profile are nearing the end of their productive phase.

Votto’s average overall velocity of 87.3 mph isn’t eye-catching at all; from 2008 to -13, his overall average was over a full STD above league average, but by last season it had settled into the average range. His liner rate has plunged this year. He has simply been no longer content to be the perfect hitter and instead focus on dropping more homers over the short pull-side porch. Hank Aaron, 1971, all over again.
    He also cut his K% to 11%.

Ya that was a dramatic shift. But to me it signals a significant shift in approach, likely due to the fact that Votto is proactively trying to stay ahead of the age curve.

I'll be watching his situation carefully. Could just be drastically changing his approach because of the fly ball revolution lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    Albies is so good.

Did you have any problems running OOTP 19? I haven't been able to get it to boot up yet.

nope! OOTP 19 has been running great for me

Thread Information