Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2020

Acuna is a fucking monster prospect though, I'd be satisfied with what the braves are doing as a fan. You also have my beloved Alex anthopolous as your president.

I'm completely OK with him coming up in April. He'll make up for the missed two weeks with numbers anyways.

You can't get OOTP 18 on your phone but any laptop can run it.

I was excited for Swanson because I went to highschool with him but I haven't been this excited for a prospect ever like Acuņa.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Ya I've been told it's aweosme. Can I get it on my phone?
    YOU of all people HAVE to have OOTP. You just have to download Steam to any computer/desktop/laptop you have and then just download the game. It's only like 15 bucks or something, especially if you get OOTP 18 right after OOTP 19 comes out this next week. I play OOTP 18 all the time, it's what makes that two year projection a bit easier for me at least in terms of funds outlook. I"ve never played a more in depth and realistic baseball simulator. It's amazing. I've drained HOURS of my life in fictitious teams. I have made Ernesto Rodas into the greatest player of all time before (born 2022).

Hahaha that's awesome. I'll have to check it out. Btw I sent u an email, don't leave me hangin bru

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    I'm going to be playing ootp 18 in Afghanistan to kill time. Started out as the Rome Braves manager. Gonna try to work my way up. It's so in depth I get lost at times.

Trout won't go to Atlanta, but that'd be nice if he did.
    Ya I've been told it's aweosme. Can I get it on my phone?
    Hahaha that's awesome. I'll have to check it out. Btw I sent u an email, don't leave me hangin bru
    Yeah I saw it I'll hit you back.

OOTP is a great tool even just to learn about prospects. A guy like Acuna can corner a lot of OOTP teams.

But for example for OOTP, on my current game I started as the manager of the SD Padres but I did a full re-draft so I picked my team from scratch. I've been the manager for 6+ years. Won a couple of championships, but my current (and god-level) roster is (thru 23 games in 2023):

C: Bobby Myers Age 25, 2nd year player, first time starting Catcher. Has a highly projectable power tool. Hot start in 2023, .261/.358/.565, 6 HRs in 20 GS.

1B: Seth Beer Age 26, 3 yrs, 165 days service time, real life he's an Outfielder for Clemson in College Baseball and a high level draft prospect. In my game he's coming off back to back years of .283/.372 with 35 HRs and .299/.389 with 39 HRs. He's a .300/40 god according to our scouting reports. In that 3 year career he's a .268 Hitter, 99 HRs, 53 SBs, in just over 500 games.

2B: Gleyber Torres Age 26, 5 yrs, 57 days service time, contract year. Negotiating a contract worth about 18 mil per for 8 years. Career .286 hitter. Last two years he's hit over 25 HRs. Last four years his WARs are 5.1, 4.6, 6.4, 4.4. Scouting grade is 70 on defensive. 3x All-Star, 3x Platinum Stick. Surprisingly 0 GG.

3B: Fernando Tatis Jr. Age 24, 2 yrs 106 days service time, pre-arb, real life prospect of Padres. Developing into a .300/30 hitter who has gold glove defense at 3B. First year as a full time starter technically but he's started 140 games each of the last two seasons between 3B/2B/1B/SS.

SS: Ryan Mountcastle, Age 26, 4 yrs+ service time, 4 Year Contract. Traded from prior to this offseason. Unlike Torres+Tatis Jr. who are gold glovers, Mountcastle is a below average glove at SS. He's Johnny Peralta on defense. But he hit .277/25 last year and our scout thinks he's got a lot more to offer. Plus we have him locked for four years and have a home grown player by the name of Nova who's an excellent glove at SS and is content at playing the bench.

LF: Andrew Benintendi, closing in on Age 29, just entered his first contract. 6/133 Million with it fully guaranteed on my side and Benny can leave after year 4 or 5. 162 Game average is 690 PAs, .306 BA, 25 HRs, 15 SBs.

CF: Jacob Pearson, Age 24, 0+ Yrs Service time. Not rookie eligible. Blue-chip prospect with a BRIGHT future. In his first 105 Starts and 468 PAs he has hit .307 with 29 HRs and 23 SBs. Moves to LF often with a rotational OFer Adrian Hernandez, who is an excellent defender in Center.

RF: Kyle Tucker, Age 26, contract year. Concerned about the long term for one of my better players. He's been designated as Fragile by the game and he's been hurt a bit the last few years. I keep four rotational OFers and Seth Beer is actually an OFer too, so Kyle Tucker is probably goign to get extended and just get extra days off and time at first base. He's been my lead off hitter for years. 162 Game AV is 700 PAs, 29 HRs and 31 SBs.

In terms of my SPs, I rotate my SPs a lot more than my hitters obviously. But I've got a stacked team.

Ya never heard of beer, Myers or Pearson. I'll definitely get into it one day haha.

Ya never heard of beer, Myers or Pearson. I'll definitely get into it one day haha.
    Myers and Pearson I don't believe actually exist. Keep in mind I am considerably into the future. Like I said my greatest all-time player threatened 800 HRs but played primarily between the 2030s and 2050s. I believe he was born in 2019.

Beer though could be a first round pick this year. Very legitimate and a guy to keep an eye on in the future. He's a college bat that could sprint through the Minors and have an ETA closer to 2020 if he develops fast between his combination of experience and the fact that he's huge.

That's the coolest thing for actual baseball to me about OOTP. OOTP incorporates not just all MLB and MiLB players, but also somehow is allowed to put on international and pre-Draft US players, and while it's obviously not the perfect realistic simulation, you get to see a lot of players develop over the course of a game and then see them as actual young kids. For example, Kumar Rocker is another First Round draft talent this year. High School pitcher. In a long time sim I had with teh Astros, Rocker was drafted by the Rangers and was their Opening Day starter and was a dominate ace for about a decade straight and was elected to the HOF. Not something that correlates to actual success, but at the very least I've been around the name enough to memorize it.

It has created an interesting bias for me though to where players who consistently work out in my OOTP sims make me believe they'll work out in real life. Willie Calhoun specificlaly is a bat the game loves. I have had monstrous years with Willie Calhoun, he's just a shit-ass defender in the game. He doesn't even develop into a good first baseman.

Have you ever tried a SIM League??

Ootp predicted Cubs Astros.

Thread Information