Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2020

bought OOTP 19. Playing as GM/Manager for ATL Braves. Ozzie Albies goes 4-4 opening day and Acuna hits a HR and 3 RBIs. McCarthy gives up 2 ER and Ks 9 for a Braves win of 6-3.

I have Acuna batting in the six hole though. I feel like he'd do fine there tbh.

oh man what a game 2

So Sean Newcomb pitches 5 innings giving up 8 hits, walks 5, Ks 5 and gives up 5 ERs. I'm down 5-3 in the 6th and down 6-4 in the 7th. In the ninth inning down 7-4, inciarte leads off, i have him steal 2nd, markakis flies out sending inciarte to 3rd, freeman grounds out. 2 outs, Albies is up, launches his 2nd HR of the game to put us at 7-6. Flowers on the next at bat homers as well to send us into extra innings. we both score 1 run a piece in the 11th and flowers walks us off with a HR in the 12th. Damn near went through my whole bullpen. I hope the braves are actually this good IRL.

I'll have to get the new game oson. I think my first play thru I'm going to try and take over the Reds. I think there's a lot of interesting things going on in that organization as one that's not exactly right ont he precipice, but could be an OOTP team I take to the next level. Plus Cincy is my closest ballpark. Going to try and see the Reds this weekend.

I said that last year about the reds. They have a fun system with a lot of interesting guys. Now they have Hunter Greene too.

Votto is probably going to be gone before anything big happens though unfortunately. Hopefully he can hold off time for another 3-4 years

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Votto is probably going to be gone before anything big happens though unfortunately. Hopefully he can hold off time for another 3-4 years
    Probably, and like you said he's going to have to hold off. Votto still has 6/150 left on his contract though. With an additional team option with 7 mil buyout.

He's probably the most interesting guy in the league right now. He's got a profile that you could see working into his forties. But there is real evidence of deteriating skill atm. I think he may follow a similar trajectory to Bautista. He may last a year or 2 more, so that puts him on pace to completely fall off a cliff in 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    He's probably the most interesting guy in the league right now. He's got a profile that you could see working into his forties. But there is real evidence of deteriating skill atm. I think he may follow a similar trajectory to Bautista. He may last a year or 2 more, so that puts him on pace to completely fall off a cliff in 3-4 years.

Why do you think there's evidence of deteriorating skill?

Thread Information