Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Football TAO '17

I did. I did it for you, bdog.
    Full disclosure I'll probably release him at some point this week. You might be able to snatch him up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Also keep in mind I got a B- on my draft largely due to the terrible, perplexing decision to draft Tony Romo as my backup QB because Yahoo has no fucking sense of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

dying laughing

'Grabbing Tony Romo at pick 235 was definitely a reach.'

"A Stretch of the Imagination

Grabbing Patrick Mahomes II at pick 237 was, let's say, conceptually adventurous. II is owned on just a handful of rosters across all Yahoo! leagues."

Was my favorite from Gypsy's.
    II.
    lol

A Tier Team:

Ladies and Edelman
    QB - Matt Stafford: Always puts up points in our league based on volume. I expect him to put up a serviceable(with room to go past these numbers) ~25 TDs, ~10 INTS, 4500 PYDs and maintaining his 65% completion percentage considering he doesn't have super talented downfield threats anymore like Megatron. He's averaged roughly over 600 pass attempts every year for 6 years straight making him a good QB for roughly any team that didn't get the Top 3 S tier QBs in Brady, Brees, Rodgers.

WR - Ty Hilton: Will only put up huge numbers when Luck gets back, which it's possible Luck could start as late as Week 3-4 from what I've heard/seen and even then he won't be 100% with his shoulder. The longer Tolzien is the QB, the worse it looks to have taken him over Keenan Allen.

WR - Tyreek Hill: Explosive player but will have to depend on his speed to break free on a weekly basis. The whole league knows about Tyreek Hill at this point and will gameplan accordingly. I expect to see him still post top 25 WR numbers due to his return talents as well. He'll likely eclipse 100 all purpose yards on a weekly basis and gobble up targets in a thin WR corps for the Chiefs, but that's also assuming he's not playing against the best corners this season.

RB - David Johnson: no explanation needed.

TE - Antonion Gates: easily the weakest position on his roster for known reasons. replacement was already drafted and gates has a lot of mileage on him.

Flex - His entire bench: Mav probably has the best bench in the league in my opinion. High upside of Derrick Henry, especially if Murray goes down. John Brown is an injury concern but is a proven talent in Arizona with a passing scheme fit to his abilities. Depending on who comes out on top in the slot battle between Dion Lewis, Chris Hogan, and Amendola, his Amendola pick could have potential. Woods has shown flashes in Buffalo and hopefully he does something in LA and Julius Thomas used to be good but has fallen off.

(doing these a post at a time)

A Tier Team:

Brett Favre

QB - Aaron Rodgers: no explanation needed

WR - Davante Adams: proven to be one of Rodgers' favorite targets, the upside of having Adams is pretty straight forward. He's in a contract year and I'm certain he's going to have a great year along side Jordy Nelson

WR - Pierre Garcon/Kevin White: As the only bodies that are capable of catching footballs in their respective offenses, Pierre Garcon and Kevin White should prove capable of producing WR2-3 numbers in spite of the nature of the teams they play for. Kevin White was injured last year but if Mitch Trubisky takes the starting reigns at some point I'm pretty high on White. Garcon has been in the league a while and can produce. He has sure hands and has some speed left in him. Should see plenty of targets

RB - Kareem Hunt: Spencer Ware wasn't going to start for long to begin with, considering KC traded up to get Hunt in the draft. Hunt has fresh legs and true talent in an offense that really helps RBs get lanes via the dink and dunk. He has some receptions value to as the bellcow of the offense at the moment.

TE - Jason Witten: Father time can't stop this man with the exception of his Red Zone production. This is the weakest point of the roster.

FLEX: Paul Perkins: The rest of NYG's backfield is nonexistent even with Darkwa back there. Paul Perkins should get plenty of carries even if they're not super productive every run like the RB1s of the league. He's a good safe high floor low ceiling volume RB.

BENCH: Conner immediately steps up in RB2 territory if anything were to happen to Leveon Bell, Cupp could replace Robert Woods in the receiving game for the Rams but Jared Goff needs to prove he knows how to quarterback before Cupp has actual value.

other 2 A- Tier Teams:

Professor if he can get a RB that is an actual starter. Will be interesting to see Prescott be the focal point of the offense for the first 4 weeks. I think he actually benefits and increases in value with Zeke suspended. The sooner OBJ can get healthy, the better. Bradin Cooks went from one elite passer to another but in a better offense and on a better overall team. Anyone who expects him to not perform is crazy. Bennett is fully capable of leeching RZ targets but I don't expect much out of him due to GB constantly pushing the ball downfield. Jeremy Maclin is the only servicable option for Flacco and might actually be a better fit in Baltimore than he ever was in KC and Philly.

Manon if Mark Ingram gets the bulk of the carries ahead of AP, but that's making the assumption a team signs one of the best RBs of our generation and decides to not use him, regardless of age. Also dependent on Andrew Luck's return date with Moncrief on his team. Demaryius Thomas and Martavis Bryant are great receivers to have with where he drafted them. Jonathan Stewart should still perform well because McCaffery will most likely be primarily a receiver.

B+ teams

Gypsy has Tom Brady and a super high upside team if everything pans out. The ultimate gamble team imo thanks to a Lynch autodraft and AP selection. If Ingram goes down, All Day gets insane value. I'm a believer in Pryor and think he'll be a very productive WR now and in the future due to his massive size over other players. Also has the other TE in NE in case Gronk goes down. NE often runs two TE sets anyways. If Lockett gets healthy he's one of the very few reliable targets Wilson will have, he'll be looked at often once he's at 100%.

Lex has a proven baller in Derek Carr. If Jamison Crow pans out like a lot of people are expecting, that's a great value pick to have as a WR option and I personally think he'll do great. Thielen is a good slot receiver even though he's relatively unknown. Minnesota's WR corps isn't deep and Bradford isn't pushing the ball super down field in that offense. I think Thielen will be a great PPR player. Gurley is good just on a sheer talent situation but the Rams are abysmal and he won't be able to play his best until Goff is able to challenge opposing secondaries. Gronkowski I think was taken too early but his numbers when he starts are undeniable. I expect Lex just to ride the wave with Gronk until he gets blown up again this year come playoff time. Flex position is a toss up, he has capable bench players if Tevin Coleman doesn't reproduce to start over him which is pretty important.

B to B- ish.

Blud has the best players on the worst teams, which kinda suits his team name of "Discount" Belichick. AJ Green is a monster and will vacuum in targets but the Bengals are iffy. Rivers is a baller but the Chargers are iffy. Golden Tate is the #1 target on a Detroit offense. Crowell is behind a great oline in Cleveland but the QB play is garbage tier so constant stacked boxes. Bilal Powell has a high ceiling if Matt Forte can't defeat father time this season. Too much tread on the tires for Forte bodes well for Powell's future later in the season.

Thunder has a great team IF everyone pans out. The issue with Thunder's team is it's as if he drafted like we're still in 2016. Ajayi is the featured back but I highly doubt he reproduces the numbers he did last year. Big Ben has always been rock steady and is a constant top 10 QB in our league and constantly plays through injuries. Randall Cobb is good but has become second fiddle to Davante Adams and now will have to compete with Bennett as well for targets. Still, it's A-Rod so Cobb has value. Greg Olsen is a proven production machine in Carolina. Rob Kelley is a low ceiling mid floor RB without much competition.

Thread Information