Thread: What exactly will it take to re-create TAO?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

To recreate TAO sans art, with a server for just atomic matches, takes just 1 week, given a decent library to use(which I have built). 2 weeks for stability. If you are interested, I am AllFather_Gray on steam and AllFatherGray#3718 on discord. I wouldn't mind building TAO if the price was right.

Haha no hostages here - I want it too! I plan to redo my game and allow the realtime elements to be optional. But Right now I'm working on a brand new chess game which will be announced soon. Going to use the money from that to upgrade the gfx. I'm just saying that my priorities can be re-adjusted for money.

In summary:
    1. I will do it when my project is finished.
    2. Given some cash flow I could do it in 1-2 months with a playable build in well under 2 weeks. Art assets is all I'd be missing but I could use the ones for my game as a place holder.

Anyone here play chess? Interested in the first truly 3d chess game? And by 3d I don't mean the pieces.

TheManiac

Quote Originally Posted by AllFatherGray View Post
    To recreate TAO sans art, with a server for just atomic matches, takes just 1 week, given a decent library to use(which I have built). 2 weeks for stability. If you are interested, I am AllFather_Gray on steam and AllFatherGray#3718 on discord. I wouldn't mind building TAO if the price was right.
    Hmm... are we talking original TAO? And how in-depth could you be with it? If I'm investing cash for us to get the game back, I would like to know what we're looking at here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy` View Post
    Is this blackmail?
    Are you holding TAO hostage?
    GIVE US BACK OUR TAO
    I wouldn't mind investing some cash if this dude is legitimate. I would enjoy having our TAO back as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManiac View Post
    Hmm... are we talking original TAO? And how in-depth could you be with it? If I'm investing cash for us to get the game back, I would like to know what we're looking at here.

I wouldn't mind investing some cash if this dude is legitimate. I would enjoy having our TAO back as well.

https://www.patreon.com/Cenobium

^ that's from 3 months of work all by myself. In 2014
    It has:
    AI
    Multiplayer and MatchMaking
    22 Units
    Training Mode
    20 Stages
    Airborne Enemies
    Reactive Skills - think FF Tactics
    Accounts

I now have 3 partners to help out.
    I was going to re -do my game and finally go into early access(it was greenlit a while back) but to pause and do a non real-time version is essentially a stop on the way to my game.

All accounts on this server would be given permanent access to the game barring illegal activity.
    All I am missing is art assets which I have place holders for if you look at the link. I could use my unit assets in the meantime.
    Replays and a server for turn based is already done in my upcoming chess variant too.
    Undo actions and new Unit generation wouldn't be hard at all.
    My object models allowed me to create the Mime from FF Tactics in 5 hours and it was mimicking allies in real time over the net.

I don't mind putting up my LLC into a contract with full transparency and milestones.
    Take look at the game trailer in the link and triple the workers and add an actual budget(did the above for free obviously)... then take out the realtime and stamina aspects . That's essentially what you guys want right?

Quote Originally Posted by AllFatherGray View Post
    I wouldn't mind building TAO if the price was right.
    Care to share what the right price would be? We might be able to get a pool of people willing to pitch in if it was realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by CPC View Post
    Care to share what the right price would be? We might be able to get a pool of people willing to pitch in if it was realistic.
    +1

Maybe BR could help if anyone can contact him

Quote Originally Posted by Entrain View Post
    +1

Maybe BR could help if anyone can contact him
    Yeah I think its safe to say those who were really dedicated would be happy to pitch in a reasonable amount and the more who do the more realistic his offer is to be met by us.

Yeah I think its safe to say those who were really dedicated would be happy to pitch in a reasonable amount and the more who do the more realistic his offer is to be met by us.
    Sorry for the delay - was working on this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/762950/

It's a chess variant with some cool mechanics - what do you guys think?

I think 5-10K would work for the initial state of the game. That would give me 1-2 months to hermit up and develop the first build.

It wouldn't have to be all up front. Besides, I wanna make the game anyways so the funds just speed up the process. Currently free to return to the project so now I am working on an authoritative server instead of the peer-based implementation I had before.

My email: cenobiumsoftware@gmail.com

As I said before, I don't mind milestones and full transparency. We could even set it up on UpWork so the money could be placed in escrow and released as milestones are met. I already have a realtime and turn-based engine so it's just a matter of time really.

Thread Information