Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: This Tactics Arena Online game is STILL active!!!

Default Support for Rebuild w/ Unity WebGL

EDITED:

This thread is now dedicated to support for helping me with rebuilding TAO via Unity in webGL. Feel free to get caught up in the convo and help out!
    Last edited by CPC; 09-04-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    http://taoforums.com/forum-main/play/tacticscore.swf

it's been on this site the entire time
    I clicked it and its a downloadable file?

its a single player game with no server all you need is the swf to play it

its a single player game with no server all you need is the swf to play it
    Sweet. Btw did you get my PM?

http://taoforums.com/forum-main/play...060612055b.swf
    (right click and hit forward to flip through the frames, save and decompile to see all the pieces and whatnot sounds art etc)

this one is TAO, and you can decompile it. the server side code is what is missing (uvault in the code) which says stuff like username = xyz password = 123 and the account has 3 knights 1 scout and a cleric or whatever

the other code you looked at for tile arena is the game I made which isn't TAO all that code was there so I could stay organized but I guess when I made the forums private to view I made it so everyone could view that board as well

http://taoforums.com/forum-main/play...060612055b.swf
    (right click and hit forward to flip through the frames, save and decompile to see all the pieces and whatnot sounds art etc)

this one is TAO, and you can decompile it. the server side code is what is missing (uvault in the code) which says stuff like username = xyz password = 123 and the account has 3 knights 1 scout and a cleric or whatever

the other code you looked at for tile arena is the game I made which isn't TAO all that code was there so I could stay organized but I guess when I made the forums private to view I made it so everyone could view that board as well
    Okay. Got it. Thank you so much. Yes that works for me, I'm scrolling through the frames now. So essentially the only part holding up putting the game back online is the server side code? How hard would it be to mimic the original? I've been doing web design for the last 6 months and now I am interested in learning coding after messing around on code academy. But I can't even imagine the amount of work it would take to do all of this, or am I mistaken and its just a small piece of the puzzle left?

the biggest fuck you would be that no browser will support flash by 2020 so even if you coded the server side the game would be back for a year or two then be gone again lol

the biggest fuck you would be that no browser will support flash by 2020 so even if you coded the server side the game would be back for a year or two then be gone again lol
    Well shit. So does that mean the entire game script would have to be re-written to accommodate whatever new software is replacing flash?

yeah basically
    you could take the decompiled flash game and get the sounds and graphics (there is so many fucking images) and then make it in Unity and have it work as WebGL for Facebook and submit it to FB as probably the best way to get TAO back. Good luck with coding it and organizing the graphics if you shoot for it.

Thread Information