Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: TAO Top 100

Wizzy

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    So there's still a spot open. You all should nominate one player who you think deserves to be on this list. I'll take 5 of the nominees and make a poll for you all to vote on it.

Since the players that you nominate are probably players that I either overlooked or don't know much about, it would be helpful for you to state WHY you think that player should be included.
    I nominate Wizzy

I nominate myself as a suprise underdog!
    watch me get denied XD! hahaha I don't really deserve to be among the top 100, but then again I ccan easily compete with a couple of those in that list "coughcelticcough"

@corpus- if the skill level evolved and player after 2012 were better than why can they not beat afo? Many on that list that played majority before 2010 could easily own players after 2012, just like Afo still did. I played a bit from 2012-now, not much but the few I have played and I did not see the same level of talent as I did before 2011. Not saying players after 2012 weren't good, but they were lacking somewhat. My info may be slightly inaccurate due to me not playing the game for 95% of the last few years, yet for the past several months I'd say I'v seen less talent except for a few players.
    Last edited by elimination; 05-11-2016 at 12:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    you're OUR idiot, which is the point in the end
    Netjak win Netjak strong Netjak forever
    https://vimeo.com/user175625740 my new game recordings

Zombie. he was like, the best turtler probably on Arma ever. I'd vote him.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Im talking mass majority vs mass majority. Not all 2013 players vs. one of the greatest of all time. Also top players from 2013 probably would split 50/50 with afo(because i believe the skill is capped). For example I would bet a 2013 RAHAN or Bonesplitter would beat an 08 afo. This doesn't mean they are better or even equal in skill, they just have advantage. This is just my speculation from playing this game my whole life.(an OPINION i could be wrong.)
    @elimination

Quote Originally Posted by elimination View Post
    Many on that list that played majority before 2010 could easily own players after 2012, I played a bit from 2012-now, not much but the few I have played and I did not see the same level of talent as I did before 2011. Not saying players after 2012 weren't good, but they were lacking somewhat. My info may be slightly inaccurate due to me not playing the game for 95% of the last few years, yet for the past several months I'd say I'v seen less talent except for a few players.
    I didnt name any names, but this part I clearly said there were more players not just Afo that could play much better than the 2013-after players. I do understand what you're saying though about players getting better in later time periods than when they were years back, yet the mass of skilled players in the past were superior to those in the late years of Tao. I played alot more troublesome players in 06-10 rather than the players I have came back to play in recent time.
    @Manon- in all seriousness unless you would put me on that list, I would nominate Cam-W He certainly deserves it,was a very solid freestyler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    you're OUR idiot, which is the point in the end
    Netjak win Netjak strong Netjak forever
    https://vimeo.com/user175625740 my new game recordings

I'd nominate HaLdAvId...

Quote Originally Posted by Habeas Corpus View Post
    Thats my point dude im saying if we time traveled back right now, not if we grew up back then. Same with 2013 players if they time traveled back to 08 they would beat 08 players. Im saying the skill level for things evolves and gets better as time goes on. You completely misunderstood me. Also the tricks nowadays would take about a year to learn no matter how athletic you are because it's mostly muscle memory. Just like the 08 players, it would probably take them a couple months to catch up to (or surpass if they have more talent/skill) 2013 players IF they went back in time and played them. It doesnt mean that the 2013 players are better than them, they just have an unfair advantage of the game being out longer and using strategies that are new.
    What I'm trying to say is that Blas' argument is invalid. You are trying to give merit to his argument. This is not about which meta-game is better. This is about who has more talent and skill. The old school players are ranked higher than the new players regardless of the meta-game, they are more skilled and talented. In other words, if they had the same time spent playing the newer meta-game that is supposedly superior, they would still be dominant... i.e. Bottle would still stomp Vish.
    Last edited by |AFO|; 05-11-2016 at 10:20 PM.

Agreed, im just saying i see where he's coming from

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    i.e. Bottle would still stomp Vish.
    And Veilmenacex would still stomp you.

Blasph is so butthurt. You're ridiculous, get over yourself.

Thread Information