Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: TAO Top 100

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    Sheet. I hid from the daylight quite a bit back in the day. I remember having a point tournament, where we earned points based on the stats of opponents we beat throughout the week or month or something. Y'all helped earn me a gold account. ;p

I forget who I was racing at the end. But I spent a weekend on TAO to finish off that thing. Probably played 200 games. Haha. Good times.
    You're welcome, Sir! Always glad to help.

We had plenty of those in SI too. Won many of them since I was kinda expert of statwhoring. They were fun. Nice way to boost clans activity when needed. Accounts had to have SI infront of them (FPS) and I remember that some nubs outside of the clan started to copy them. Same thing happened in legends with Insomniac (randome number) accounts.

It's funny. I remember playing an SI recruiter on a random grey name in a grey game, beating him badly, and then he said I couldn't join cuz I wasn't good enough.

lulzzzz

Nomad used to play when he was drunk ;P

Most people used to play when drunk.

We never did those stupid clan name accounts. After all, we had the NJ12, which was stupid enough. Still fun though.

NJ12 was total narcissism but I loved it.

We should definitely have someone figure out a way to make clan markers and stuff on the forum.

TAO's School Yard Bully KickAssPlaya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    It's funny. I remember playing an SI recruiter on a random grey name in a grey game, beating him badly, and then he said I couldn't join cuz I wasn't good enough.

lulzzzz
    Sounds like me...

SI > NJ not that I have much room to talk.. I was more of a personality tester =p

Quote Originally Posted by DivineLeft View Post
    50 of thems are noobs. Good effort put into the list. Nice descriptions.. Could help with some of the backgrounds likes Quicks and others..

In awe some of those people are even listed.. Kinda .. insulting to some of the better players.. solid top 8-10 for sure though.
    This. So much this.

I don't even know how this could be done without asking the '03ers, as TAO basically had different eras in terms of game play. You'd really need to ask people who were there from the onset to get a vaguely accurate opinion on who was the best. The problem is that you're dealing with eras in terms of the early evolution of the game. I was easily top 5 for the whole game when turtles were still the go to, and BEFORE the mudquake was added, but then after the game changed drastically and I wasn't all that good and Monkus more or less took over. Then DM rushes came into play once Rev went up, then the Furgon negated it, then all out rushes took over.

Point being, you'd need to ask people who were there at the onset, and even so, you couldn't really produce a definitive list.

Yeah. I think we all know there were different versions of this game that different people excelled at while others lagged behind. I remember before the GA+Wisp was nerfed, the Wisp was godly and the GA was just a total backdoor to Cleric protection. The mudquake addition geared this game towards offense, while the 1st turn restriction later on pulled it back. The Berzerker affected the game for all of two days before everyone essentially benched it permanently. I think the DSM was introduced early 04? I think it came out a bit before I came around.

What is the exact list and order of the modifications made to the game? Dates, also? Does someone still have those pages or are they gone?
    Last edited by rainblade; 05-19-2016 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
    Point being, you'd need to ask people who were there at the onset, and even so, you couldn't really produce a definitive list.
    I mean... that's really all there is to be said about doing something like this. If you all have suggestions, you can always post more names. I think there's something about being one of the first great players.

For all the bitching going on in this thread, 10 new lists could have been made.

Make your own list or STFU. Sick of coming to this thread with false hope.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Thread Information