Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: TAO Top 100

Last time I played Dr. Nipples I gave him the win because I had around 600 less stats and didn't want to statrape him. Plus he was very nice and polite. That was two years ago or so. Not sure if he's Top 100 worthy player..

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Last time I played Dr. Nipples I gave him the win because I had around 600 less stats and didn't want to statrape him. Plus he was very nice and polite. That was two years ago or so. Not sure if he's Top 100 worthy player..
    He's top 100 in my books just for the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
    He's top 100 in my books just for the name.
    I was pleasantly surprised how nice the guy was considering his epic username. That's why I didn't mind giving him the win (he didn't gain any stats since I was below 1000. He jumped me). I would of certainly taken his stats if he would of hit me with some F-bombs.
    Last edited by Mask; 05-25-2016 at 12:44 PM.

Dr. Nipples was a good guy and a great player. I don't think he ever participated in any tournaments though.

Dr. Nipples was an AKer for a long time (from like 2006 till the end of TAO, I think). Quiet guy, loyal, kinda did his own thing, but definitely a great player. I'd say he deserves a spot, but not as much as JUGGERNAUT does.

TAO's School Yard Bully KickAssPlaya's Avatar

I played Juggernaut like everyday for a long time. I was in his clan Reservoir Dogs lol. Him and Cuckoo(?) we're good people to chat with. I think there was only us 3 in the clan ha.

Lots of good times with people mentioned. Everyone is going to have their own opinion on who should be in the list but if they aren't making their own list who cares. It's a subjective list.

Manon has said he wants constructive criticism. That is the only reason I would suggest anything.

Constructive criticism, Dark7 should be lower on the list. 92 is much too high. I mean, PSST5 MVP alone puts him as probably one of the 25 most accomplished tournament players in TAO history. Maybe I'm wrong and PSST5 was a total dud, but I don't remember it ever not being impressive when someone went undefeated in PSST (9-0 for Dark7). He was also an AK leader for a while until around the time I left for NJ, and was at least moderately active from 2004 or 2005 or maybe even before, until at least 2013 (which is when I stopped coming around the game). He was always a consistent and competitive player when I'd go up against him, which was a lot in the early days of AK/AL/BG. Being in AK with him, we trained together extensively in freestyle and early turtle formations when clan wars were starting up. Interestingly, he seemed to reach his prime much later on (e.g. PSST5 was a ways out from his join date). That's pretty cool, being able to find that extra gear after playing for a long time already. He wasn't terribly involved in the forum community, but my memory of him is prominent and distinct and I always felt he deserved more recognition.
    Last edited by rainblade; 05-28-2016 at 09:26 PM.

I was his teammate in that PSST so I remember it pretty well. It wasn't just that he went 9-0 either; the players he beat in that tournament were all really good. It was one of the best performances by a player in any TAO tournament ever. That being said, tournament performance was only one of the criteria I was using to rank players. I don't remember him doing a lot in any other tournaments. He wasn't great at grey or freestyle. I don't think he was ever that highly rated stat-wise on any of the servers (though he may have been). He was a very good turtle player and he was Superman in PSST5, and that was enough to get him into the Top 100. But I'm not sure it's enough to put him ahead of some other players on this list.

I remember freestyle being his primary style early on. I don't remember him being a slouch, but there really weren't any tournaments around at that time so I guess all you have is my word.

Thread Information