Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: TAO Top 100

Quote Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
    I think this list is supposed to be a compilation of the most skilled/talented players of TAO's history. If it were a list of most impactful/influential it would be very different.
    That'd be an interesting list. I doubt I'd be top 10 on that one. I don't think anyone in the top 10 would remain in the top 10. Even the top 20 might be entirely different people.

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    That'd be an interesting list. I doubt I'd be top 10 on that one. I don't think anyone in the top 10 would remain in the top 10. Even the top 20 might be entirely different people.
    It would also be more subjective, since we don't really have any objective criteria to go on (like stats, tournament records, etc.). I think far fewer people would agree on who goes where with a list like that, and we wouldn't be able to make such an extensive list as a top 100. Probably more like top 10 or 20.

Top 10 Influential? Hmmm. Super rough draft:

Twelve (Creator of Netjak)
    Mith (Best Tournament Hoster)
    Brutal (FPSRankings Creator and Possibly TAO 2.0)
    Bottle (If you ever played a game, you heard of this guy. Grey Legend. )
    Omegashin (even on FPS, the Legends dude was a Legend)
    Punishment (All time player, dumbest/funniest posts ever, and started Battle Recordings)

Not much of a forumer, and so you guys can judge who had the biggest impact in that area. But those six come to mind for players of the game, at least for me. I could think of others given a lot more time and talking to others.

EDIT: Oh, I don't think many people read it since I've never seen it mentioned much but Realist made an awesome strategy guide. If that's truly how he played, pretty sure he would have been the best player ever or close to it had he kept playing consistently. And he was a blue mod too, so that's something.

Still fun trying to think of what people did on here for close to ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    I was his teammate in that PSST so I remember it pretty well. It wasn't just that he went 9-0 either; the players he beat in that tournament were all really good. It was one of the best performances by a player in any TAO tournament ever. That being said, tournament performance was only one of the criteria I was using to rank players. I don't remember him doing a lot in any other tournaments. He wasn't great at grey or freestyle. I don't think he was ever that highly rated stat-wise on any of the servers (though he may have been). He was a very good turtle player and he was Superman in PSST5, and that was enough to get him into the Top 100. But I'm not sure it's enough to put him ahead of some other players on this list.
    Personally don't believe Dark was ever a fantastic player, but he had 1 amazing stretch of games for that tournament. I felt I was better then him at the time of that psst and still did after he won 9 games for us. At that time he would have been the 5th best player on our team, possibly lower with reymo around even though reymo did nothing lol.

I think if u asked the "good" players he beat (he beat some scrubs too) they would say he got a bit lucky.

<<<Most coolest scrub player ever? I DID NOT get promoted to MODSHIP after beating deto! Geez ya'll slacked off on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    you're OUR idiot, which is the point in the end
    Netjak win Netjak strong Netjak forever
    https://vimeo.com/user175625740 my new game recordings

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Personally don't believe Dark was ever a fantastic player, but he had 1 amazing stretch of games for that tournament. I felt I was better then him at the time of that psst and still did after he won 9 games for us. At that time he would have been the 5th best player on our team, possibly lower with reymo around even though reymo did nothing lol.

I think if u asked the "good" players he beat (he beat some scrubs too) they would say he got a bit lucky.
    yeah, 9-0 isn't impressive at all, even with a little luck. probably fifth best player on your team at that time...

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    yeah, 9-0 isn't impressive at all, even with a little luck. probably fifth best player on your team at that time...

It is impressive, I didn't say it wasn't. I was the captain of the team he played on so I was there and I witnessed it. I also realised that Dark wasn't a good free player or grey player and I was probably 50/50 with him in turt. He went 9-0 which is a fantastic streak, but it was just a streak in my eyes.

I don't know man, I use to play dark7 a shit load during that time, and I was a beast and he kicked my ass so I say he was a super beast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    you're OUR idiot, which is the point in the end
    Netjak win Netjak strong Netjak forever
    https://vimeo.com/user175625740 my new game recordings

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    Top 10 Influential? Hmmm. Super rough draft:

Twelve (Creator of Netjak)
    Mith (Best Tournament Hoster)
    Brutal (FPSRankings Creator and Possibly TAO 2.0)
    Bottle (If you ever played a game, you heard of this guy. Grey Legend. )
    Omegashin (even on FPS, the Legends dude was a Legend)
    Punishment (All time player, dumbest/funniest posts ever, and started Battle Recordings)

Not much of a forumer, and so you guys can judge who had the biggest impact in that area. But those six come to mind for players of the game, at least for me. I could think of others given a lot more time and talking to others.

EDIT: Oh, I don't think many people read it since I've never seen it mentioned much but Realist made an awesome strategy guide. If that's truly how he played, pretty sure he would have been the best player ever or close to it had he kept playing consistently. And he was a blue mod too, so that's something.

Still fun trying to think of what people did on here for close to ten years.
    This is good. I'd probably put Rantzu on there as well.

FryLock goes on the list for influential and top player. I dunno where but he'd be pretty high on each I'd think. I remember Office_Shredder and him developing the clericless rush, which was a counter meta-set that pushed them high on the top 100s and fast (had different openings to snipe the cleric in the main positions was the first set I remember that took LOS and build based off using the scout as fast and as efficiently as possible). Like it shaved the time per game down so they could shoot up the rankings. Anyways later he was one of the first people to always use that damned GA Wisp set, like the perfected one that everyone copied and the game began to suck.

nads would be ranking with influential list with his mass teaching of LOS and how to effectively use the enchantress.

Thread Information