Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: TAO Top 100

Agreed with the above. In terms of game play, I think there are a few names we should mention...

Around the time I won TAL finals turtle had become a rock paper scissors style. 1st players like Mag dominated with their back rows. Then Isaac beat all the backrows with his 2nd corner. Then I believe Lieutenant began popularizing the off-center, allowing the more traditional back row to come back into action. I suppose it wasn't a true rock-paper-scissors, but close. IMO it became the most boring style.

Lemon, Tactoholic and BR were pretty influential in the grey realm, making wardless and center sets very popular. Tacto was very effective with center wardless, while BR used that corner set quite well. Lemon kicked a lot of butt with his center warded set. Prior to that, most used warded corners. After that, grey sets were highly variable. Grey will always be my favorite style. I think it had the most variability of all the styles.

I don't think there were too many people who were as influential in free, at least when I started playing gold. Legends freestyle was pretty stagnant with the ga+mud one sided rush. Stiven and I pretty much demolished everybody with that thing. On FPS, Bobcat used the one sided anti pretty effectively, but a lot of people were using similar sets at the time. There were a bunch of people who used DSM spread rushes too. I'll never understand why people call the AFO spread the AFO spread. Lol. I just moved the scouts to the outside of the knights. I think it was Tugnus' that had them on the inside. Guide made that 3rd corner freurtle popular towards the end. I don't think any of this is deserving of a spot on the list though.

Founders of all the major clans should be on there too, obviously.

Just for reference, what were all of the major clans?

(in no specific order, excluding tournament clans)
    1. netjak.com
    2. Strategic Insomniacs
    3. ChaosGladiators
    4. The Arcadian Legends
    5. The Arcadian Knights
    6. Bushido Gaiden
    7. Powerpuff Pussies
    8. ?

Add to it.

I don't think Powerpuff Girls count. Judgment and maybe Celestial Knights on legends. TDP on army has to be up there. Maybe X-Factor too.

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    Just for reference, what were all of the major clans?

(in no specific order, excluding tournament clans)
    1. netjak.com
    2. Strategic Insomniacs
    3. ChaosGladiators
    4. The Arcadian Legends
    5. The Arcadian Knights
    6. Bushido Gaiden
    7. Powerpuff Pussies
    8. ?

Add to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    I don't think Powerpuff Girls count. Judgment and maybe Celestial Knights on legends. TDP on army has to be up there. Maybe X-Factor too.
    Yeah, three people doesn't really make a clan. I just wanted to have a little fun.

1. netjak.com
    2. Strategic Insomniacs
    3. ChaosGladiators
    4. The Arcadian Legends
    5. The Arcadian Knights
    6. Bushido Gaiden
    7. The Dawg Pound
    8. Celestial Knights
    9. Judgment
    10. X-Factor

I think that's a pretty good list of clans. I only know that Twelve founded NJ, and OmegaShin founded judgement. Pretty sure there was a bunch who founded CK, but I consider Zad the "father" of that group. Could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    Yeah, three people doesn't really make a clan. I just wanted to have a little fun.

1. netjak.com
    2. Strategic Insomniacs
    3. ChaosGladiators
    4. The Arcadian Legends
    5. The Arcadian Knights
    6. Bushido Gaiden
    7. The Dawg Pound
    8. Celestial Knights
    9. Judgment
    10. X-Factor
    Also in no particular order:
    11. Slayers Guild
    12. *Jokers Wild*
    13. Pyro Pyrates
    14. _OUTKAST_
    15. The Elite

All of these are probably less influential than the 10 you listed (Slayers Guild certainly has a case considering they were the first clan ever and had several memorable players, but their reign was relatively brief and were essentially nonexistent by the time TAO hit its peak), but I feel they all significantly impacted TAO and deserve mention.

Wizzy

I'm gonna go ahead and make the bold statement that OUTKAST was a little more influential than x factor on army but I'm bias

I hate all of you for not mentioning the only clan that counts and the first clan on FPS: Knights of the Round

Thread Information