Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: TAO Top 100

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

fuck yeah

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Dr. Nipples was also very good at free using the standard anti 99% of the time. Not sure if you want to update his bio with that.

Also just personal feeling, I think Dragon Link is probably more in the 50's than 99. He top out around 1812 stats so I can confirm Darkness' claim. He was a beast in the KoTR vs AK war... at least one of them.

so just FYI, i still appreciate all the work that went into this and check it every once and a while for fun

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
    so just FYI, i still appreciate all the work that went into this and check it every once and a while for fun
    Thanks, TB. Or you're from Philly, right? What's the correct expression for expressing thanks? Go fuck yourself.

This may cause some drama. YOLO

I think people's memories of the skill level of older players are greatly inflated for some strange reason, I think it's just natural for us to forget. And this is a point The Professor has agree'd with me on.
    Strategy in players greatly improved in later years. As we got older, we simply got better. Many close games that came down to a 60% block for victory against PS, manon, unfo, bone, AFO, etc in later later years, simply didn't happen in the early years.

I take umbrage with Sniper Master being ranked so high for his Freestyle. When he knew he was losing against me, he would change his strategy to a more luck base in high-hopes for a victory. Sometimes it worked, other times it didn't. I think BrutalRage should be ranked dramatically higher for his sheer brilliance in Gray if you want to rank Sniper for his freestyle.

PS ranked at #8 is great, but I think we forgot about his dominance 3 years in a row (2010-2012) prior to me making this dominating Blasphemy alt in 2012, then I took over PS as TAL champion. PS is the definition of a consistent winner. I would rank PS at #2, if not #1 for TAO accomplishments. Don't think anyone else here has has pulled a Michael Jordon.

Regardless of how much Unfo and Bone were trolls, they are ranked way too low. Put their later-year-skills in the early days of the game, there would be no question of a Top 10 placement. Bias inflation of skill level of early-years players is quite evident when you put these players at #58 and #76.

Have a lot more to say, I keep looking at this list and reminding myself Manon put this together with his bias in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    I don't know, maybe. What are your TAO accomplishments?
    If you really think you put this entire list based on accomplishments then try to think back to my 2013 dominance.

Won almost all League 1 RGL's and was undefeated in 1 Gray and 1 Turt 2013RGL.
    Won 4 out of 6 ODT's I participated in.
    Grand Slam Champion
    WDT Champion
    WAR Champion
    RAAT Champion (don't forget it all came down to our Turtle game in the finals, Manon. I have the video if you need your memory refreshed)
    Over 100 TAL points at the end of the year with nobody else even close. The #2 and #3 2013TAL players combined didn't even add up to as much.
    *takes a breath*

Everyone knew I made this Blasphemy alt in 2012 after my very first tournament I smashed the #1 pick The Professor in GS4 Gray, so I don't expect you to put an alt on your Top 100 rankings, but to think you compiled this based on the accomplishments of players is silly.

Damn. Reading through this list hit me right in the feels. A lot of great guys and talented players in there, yet even more snubbed. Good work to whomever was involved in its creation.

Very glad you kept this saved manon

I've fallen a lot in that list haven't I? I think I was around 60-s before.

If you guys want to add few accomplisment under my name than I was around 2008 highest grey in legends with ~1850 (until Stiv passed me in 09). 2nd highest in 2009 when legends went down: http://legends.taorankings.com/ranki...k&display=gray

I was SI's one of main leaders in Legends and later one of the leaders in GL. This one might sound bit arrogant but I together with Matzer, Toniselius and Jonspen (who got us to join SI) put SI back on the map in Legends. SI was pretty much a sleeping giant back then in Legends but we rebult it to one of the major clans again (of course with the help of all the recruiters and members). This is the part I'm most proud of my so called TAO carreer (not the stats I gained on my accounts or tourney wins or anything else but rebulding SI in legends).
    All the hours we spent in playing new ppl, recruiting, promoting the clan in Legends forums and working on our section in 4thfactor. I think one of the reasons SI got so big (again) in there too was cause of our recruiting system (had to play many recruiters and pass recruiting poll). It was hard to get in which showed quality. Even if you had high stats and great skills but had s*tty attitude, you didn't get in.

I didn't participate very often in tourneys because I'm from Europe and it was hard to arrange tourney games with most top players being from totally different time zones. I remember playing most of my tourney games late at night with having to go to school (and later to work) in the early morning. Fun times.
    Last edited by Mask; 05-06-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mask View Post
    Mask said stuff
    Yeah you guys did great. Big X was away for studies and a lot of guys went away. I was busy with my 3rd child being born and this is when I slipped off both FPS and Legends maps for awhile. The 4 of you really did make a name for us over there and helped get some great people, like that weird Bogart guy...

Quote Originally Posted by DivineLeft View Post
    Yeah you guys did great. Big X was away for studies and a lot of guys went away. I was busy with my 3rd child being born and this is when I slipped off both FPS and Legends maps for awhile. The 4 of you really did make a name for us over there and helped get some great people, like that weird Bogart guy...
    Dude, I remember Big X. I always wanted to beat him. He was one of the toughest for me. I think I was like 0-4 against him.
    Wizzy 4 Frog King

Thread Information