Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: TAO Top 100

Unbiased ranking for myself -- #1

I was the best, and we all know it.

Say What?

Quote Originally Posted by max2k106 View Post
    Yo, SW was clutch. Dude spanked me the one time I wasn't pussy enough to play him for realz.

Put him on top 100. I don't know most of the dudes on there and I'm a goddam legend! !!! /Dennis
    Thanks Max! Once we were clan mates we got to play much more often. You were a good player as well. You definitely are a big part of why I liked TAO in the first place.

-SW

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocatt View Post
    Unbiased ranking for myself -- #1

I was the best, and we all know it.
    lol you are a goober

I think bludz and I only ever played turtle. This was right around the time when Magician was dominating turtle. I think bludz beat me most of the time but we've only played a handful of games. He's actually one of the only people with a winning record on me, if I recall correctly.

part of me wishes i had been better at the actual game but it's insanely irrelevant now.

getting 1500+ using just turtle on Zombie was good enough for me.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

SW was definitely good. The only thing holding him back in terms of this ranking is longevity / timing. The list is kinda biased toward people who played later in the TAO era, and there's a pretty good reason for that. There were more tournaments and so it was kinda easier to really get a gauge on skill levels. Some of the stronger players early on like TCBB could probably have earned a spot in the top 10, but his skill level is more based on conjecture than hard evidence in that respect.

Also dude SW that screenshot brings back memories

and FWIW Cliche we once played a freestyle game where you brought a turtle against my anti and we had opp sides. You were crushing me so I quit early. I remember you claiming it was a flawless (technically it was since I took no pieces) but I was pretty sure I coulda gotten one piece to save face if I cared
    Last edited by bludhoundz; 03-09-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Also, I tend not to bring this up because I was on the winning PSST team in PSST1 where Bottle was captain, but I am pretty sure our team cheated. I mean, we drafted some unknown kid (I forget his name, I think it was Shadow Beast) who ended up beating FryLock in grey and someone else who was pretty good. Guy basically solo'd it for us in the end and was a complete no-name. It was probably a second Bottle account, although it could have been someone else. Pretty sure a lot of people said Bottle = Guide too.... not sure if that was ever clarified or whatever, but I remember being fairly convinced of it at one point. Not that it really bothered me or anything, but yeah

Looking at this list makes me miss the rev days where manon deto prof and I would just talk mad shit lol, and of course the early days

Say What?

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    SW was definitely good. The only thing holding him back in terms of this ranking is longevity / timing. The list is kinda biased toward people who played later in the TAO era, and there's a pretty good reason for that. There were more tournaments and so it was kinda easier to really get a gauge on skill levels. Some of the stronger players early on like TCBB could probably have earned a spot in the top 10, but his skill level is more based on conjecture than hard evidence in that respect.

Also dude SW that screenshot brings back memories

and FWIW Cliche we once played a freestyle game where you brought a turtle against my anti and we had opp sides. You were crushing me so I quit early. I remember you claiming it was a flawless (technically it was since I took no pieces) but I was pretty sure I coulda gotten one piece to save face if I cared

I agree. Totally why I even though I would want to put myself up there with you, Fry, and Bottle, I objectively couldn't. Wasn't easy to try and be objective!

-SW

Well I had no idea about that. I figured he was a secondary but I think secondaries in certain tournaments is common.

I'm pretty sure I was upset you quit early so I claimed flawless to piss you off. haha

Thread Information