Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: TAO Top 100

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
    You complain about an unfair advantage, but yet you think true creative skill existed. It didn't.
    The game is built a certain way: 2 scouts, 3 knights, cleric etc. The repetitive strategy is evident in everyone because players took advantage of repetitive sets.
    The Anti has been the normal set used by the top players for the longest time.
    I remember back in 2008, people would get angry at me for using a DSM. They would even request before a game start, "No DSM". Some players would call you a pussy for using a DSM. These players were simply bad at making sets, and only knew how to use the Anti.
    Strategy became repetitive because the sets sucked. Newer players became better and better and better at perfecting the Strategic Rush. "position mud golem" "position scouts" "kill cleric" "pull back until victory".
    To win games, creative strategy was not needed.
    Newer players simply became better at rushing than old players.
    The difference between knowing who your opponent is and not is huge. Using the "i played on a secondary when the game was active!" argument is silly. Also, the anti was still a legitimate set against the dsm spread. Normal games devolved into mostly dsm due to the pace of the game increasing. I'd argue that my mid-game was better than most, giving me that one or two turns advantage into the end game. Just like in chess, the mid-game is where creativity comes into play. Opening moves and closing strategies can be memorized, but mid-game is where you can separate yourself. That's why Vish was never good. He only knew the beginning and the end. If you played slightly unconventionally against him he did not fair well.

Quote Originally Posted by manonfire101 View Post
    Thanks. Which players do you think I left off who deserved to be here? I'm always open to changing this a bit, but you're going to have to really sway me.

Entries for Quicksand would be great, or for any older players. Master of the Blade, Tcbb would be great.
    I think it should be changed to include me don't really wanna make a case for it besides the fact that I'm better than lots of people towards the end of that list haha!

Pretty happy to have gotten into the Top 40. Nice job, Manon.

just some rage and three kinds of yes
    vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    Pretty happy to have gotten into the Top 40. Nice job, Manon.
    No hate, i dont see your name..

Hey Blas. Just so u know. I'd rank u bone and unfo ahead of me. But I have to agree with a lot of what Manon and prof say. I would have personally ranked u in th 20s or 30s just because you guys were so dominant in the l years. Personally believe the skill in tao is capped, but you guys continue to win consistently in a time where no one plays.

Can we make a bottom 100 list? I don't want my talents to go undocumented.

Wizzy

Quote Originally Posted by Toledo View Post
    Can we make a bottom 100 list? I don't want my talents to go undocumented.
    i second this idea

TAO's School Yard Bully KickAssPlaya's Avatar

I third that.

Where there's Dape.. Tick_ToCk...

Wizzy

tao ruler/krome/xenon

Thread Information