Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: TAO Top 100

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    I think it should be changed to include me don't really wanna make a case for it besides the fact that I'm better than lots of people towards the end of that list haha!
    I might. You would deserve it. You were always a pretty solid freestyle player.

I was a beast.
    You're still missing the 100th player, so really its top 99 right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverik View Post
    you're OUR idiot, which is the point in the end
    Netjak win Netjak strong Netjak forever
    https://vimeo.com/user175625740 my new game recordings

Quote Originally Posted by The Professor View Post
    I've played Vish a couple of times and his skill is more from repetition than true creative skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    Vish was never good.
    I just used Vish as an example of an average skilled player like Cekkino or Burnout, and you guys blast him. Haha, savage.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemy View Post
    I just used Vish as an example of an average skilled player like Cekkino or Burnout, and you guys blast him. Haha, savage.
    You implied that he could compete with top old school players. He would have a very hard time. Likewise with Cekkino and Burnout. I like both of them, but they shouldn't be in this conversation. Honestly, you mentioning these players really devalues your argument.

They were just average players, if you think Burn or Cekk were better than avg in 2013, it actually devalues your argument and plays into my point that 2013 skill > 2008 skill.

Here is a nice ending to this silly arguement.
    I kicked vish's ass too much, he always sucked, he didn't get good enough to consistently beat me until I came back after a 3 year retirement.
    If I could beat a player consistently than that player isn't good considering if you look at my skills, I mean I'm just a mediocre player and always was.
    If you have a different opinion in rank placement, than just like manon said make your own, I do agree though people did get better over the years but "creativity", being able to counterattack and improvise, like afo in most of our games, plays a huge part in skill.

I don't know why creativity keeps coming up. If you have most of your units up front with a cleric in the back, the creativity is gone. Poof.
    In the last couple years, Rantzu was the probably the only player that had some creativity because he had a Furgon in his Turt. The rest of us were robots.

I don't know why creativity keeps coming up. If you have most of your units up front with a cleric in the back, the creativity is gone. Poof.
    In the last couple years, Rantzu was the probably the only player that had some creativity because he had a Furgon in his Turt. The rest of us were robots.
    Hey...I played dragonless and used furg antis. And used the berzerker...
    I also used Freeturtles, and Furgon Freeturts. And center furgon freeturts.

I wasn't good...but I resent being lumped in with you robots!

You do know what I meant by creativity right? I'm not talking about sets, I'm talking about moves. A player who does the same exact moves that he did to win previous games is a pathetic player, while or his opponent is just pathetic for losing multiple times either way you want to spin that. A player (like afo, or prof, even you) that can consistently win games reqardless of the set advantage and be able to creatively think of new/different strategies to counteract/pull a win out of your ass without luck is a great player.

Quote Originally Posted by elimination View Post
    You do know what I meant by creativity right? I'm not talking about sets, I'm talking about moves. A player who does the same exact moves that he did to win previous games is a pathetic player, while or his opponent is just pathetic for losing multiple times either way you want to spin that. A player (like afo, or prof, even you) that can consistently win games reqardless of the set advantage and be able to creatively think of new/different strategies to counteract/pull a win out of your ass without luck is a great player.
    I agree with you that strategy doesn't seem to exist anymore from the moves being so repetitive and predictable. This is mainly due to the fact that 99% of the sets players use have a Cleric in the back corner. Most good players know they need to build their strategy based on killing the cleric then holding solid ground until victory. Especially with 2 scouts, defensive sets simply crumble against any good rusher. This is a point AFO has tried to tell Guide. This isn't Chess, where there are a trillion different moves. TAO can be broken down much more simpler. The cleric in the back corner has pretty much always been the Norm, even in the adolescent years of TAO. Over time people began to realize the best strategy is strategic rushing.
    I touched on it a little bit already, but I can try to rephrase it for you. Strategy is mainly formed based your opponents set.
    When I bombed people with clericless sets, their scout placement was drastically different.

Another example, if you used an Anti and played against someone with a freeturt on opposite sides, there is no chance that that you will play defensive. You're going to rush hard and fast to smack the Stone Golem and kill cleric. Really not much creativity. imo.
    Last edited by Blasphemy; 05-11-2016 at 01:01 AM.

Thread Information