Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TAO Fantasy Baseball 18'

Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
    No, he plays for three weeks then disappears and gives out free wins the past 2 years. I'll figure it out.
    In my defense, I don't think I ever actually signed up last year at any point. I was on ESPN one day and got a notification y'all were drafting and I was very surprised.

But yeah I'm not going to commit to play.

I had a dream I took Albert Puhols in the draft and Veil criticized the pick in the chat and I quit the league and deleted taoforums because I couldn't deal with the pressure.

Hopefully I don't draft Puhols.

Ill draft him for you Hulky.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
    Ill draft him for you Hulky.
    He was my only pick in my dream, the rest was autodraft and I had 0 pitchers when I took Puhols lol.

I laughed so hard reading this. It's such an imaginable scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    In my defense, I don't think I ever actually signed up last year at any point. I was on ESPN one day and got a notification y'all were drafting and I was very surprised.

But yeah I'm not going to commit to play.
    Miss u dude. We need a way to keep in touch!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    I had a dream I took Albert Puhols in the draft and Veil criticized the pick in the chat and I quit the league and deleted taoforums because I couldn't deal with the pressure.

Hopefully I don't draft Puhols.
    ok to prove my point of that dream being bullshit i drafted pujols. There... veil approves pujols.

I kinda like my team.

C: Buster Posey and Jonathan Lucroy
    Posey should be good to go for catcher, and Lucroy was my last pick and could theoretically get some starts if Posey goes to 1B (but not likely since I drafted a bunch of 1B).

1B: Eric Hosmer, Miguel Cabrera, Chris Davis
    Hosmer is likely my every day 1B, and Cabrera is my UTIL. If Cabrera's back flares back up hopefully Chris Davis is healthy to give my team UTIL power.

2B: Eduardo Nunez (Paul DeJong, and Chris Taylor)
    Edwardo Nunez is my second baseman, but should injuries strike positional versatility of my other guys wont pigeon hole me into picking up a 2B.

3B: Mike Moustakas (Edwardo Nunez)
    Probably isn't "elite" power, but he's one of my power guys. Should be a solid third baseman.

SS: Paul Dejong
    Picked him up last year and really liked him. Cardinals picked up Ozuna too so his lineup improved around him.

OF: Charlie Blackmon, Andrew McCutchen, Chris Talyor (Mark Trumbo)
    Chris Taylor starts the year as my third OF while Trumbo's leg gets better. Once Trumbo is back I can readjust for more power if I need it, and Taylor could move to 2B if Nunez is under performing at that point. Blackmon was nuts last year and should lead off again. McCutchen I've wanted for years and never have had the opportunity, and this year I got him and I probably will get to follow him more this year as he is local with the Giants.

RP:
    Kenley Jansen, Aroldis Chapman, Cody Allen
    Imma rack up the points with my P and RP positions.

SP:
    Madison Bumgarner, Noah Syndergaard, Justin Verlander, Luis Castillo, Johnny Cueto, Taijuan Walker, Julio Tehran
    I think I might have the best pitching group. The issue is injury concerns, but unless I get hit wicked hard I should have depth to allow any of them to miss time and keep it rolling.

Overall I think my team is super heavy on pitching talent and will need someone to break out in the 2B/SS/OF3 spots to be a playoff team. I think it's possible though and I'm chill with my team.

Stretta's pitching is top tier, he stacked the fuck out of that shit. Though fwiw I really like my team as well (you can't really not in a 10 teamer)

C - Gary Sanchez, Austin Hedges
    1B - Ryan Zimmermann
    2B - Brandon Drury
    3B - Kyle Seager
    SS - Alex Bregman
    OF - Giancarlo Stanton, Khris Davis, Nomar Mazara, Adam Eaton

SP - Max Scherzer, Gerrit Cole, Aaron Nola, Danny Duffy, Jon Gray, Colin Mchugh, Lance Lynn, Aaron Sanchez
    RP - Craig Kimbrel, Felipe Rivero, Sean Doolittle

What I like about this though is there's a high floor, with potential first to third round production from like 80% of my team. I'm projected for 275 Homers this year, and that's probably undervaluing 3 guys on that roster (Drury, Eaton, and Hedges)

Thread Information