Thread: Spencer's Annual Draft Analysis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ya he's not likely goin anywhere soon now. I dont think it was as ridiculous as you're saying though preseason Marez. The Rockies evaluators should be taking into consideration Arenado will need to be paid soon, and they have a plethora of outfielders ready to contribute. A trade of Blackmon for some young pitching would have been viable to keep the team relevant now into the future. I guess they think a blackmon/Arenado core will be enough with what they currently have to compete. I dont understand what they're doing over there honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Ya he's not likely goin anywhere soon now. I dont think it was as ridiculous as you're saying though preseason Marez. The Rockies evaluators should be taking into consideration Arenado will need to be paid soon, and they have a plethora of outfielders ready to contribute. A trade of Blackmon for some young pitching would have been viable to keep the team relevant now into the future. I guess they think a blackmon/Arenado core will be enough with what they currently have to compete. I dont understand what they're doing over there honestly.
    They have a lot invested elsewhere, if I were to guess, they are gonna do two things : 1A - Ask for a slight discount with player options early on (something similar to Tanaka) 1B - Wait and pray for Machado to sign an extension with the O's midseason and make a decision before the trade deadline. I don't see him being there in 2018, but it's possible they do something similar like Blackmon, 6 year / 28-33 annual with player opt-out options after year 3 and hope he develops enough to opt-out for more money later on.

Thread Information