Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's do a Grand Slam 1 freestyle

Can we move this to one of the boards like the new game one or something if its linked to forums so people without forum accounts can view it? Like maybe not this thread, but a actual tournament thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocatt View Post
    Good points.

We could set up a way to let people impose a time limit through chat and screenshots, or we could just let the tournament stretched out a bit more with a rule to make moves once a day. I think it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect people are online together when they play, but if someone needs to get going they can set up another time to finish up the game, and give everyone a week total to finish the game.

For regular turtle/freestyle I was thinking about it in terms of drops and no drops.
    Sounds good to me, one week for those who are moving forward with their games slowly. I like that idea.

just some rage and three kinds of yes
    vi veri veniversum vivus vici
    quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Can we move this to one of the boards like the new game one or something if its linked to forums so people without forum accounts can view it? Like maybe not this thread, but a actual tournament thread?
    Sure, can I move the whole thread? Don't know how to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizzy` View Post
    I do.
    But you know.
    I'm not to be trusted with mod powers.
    Because of the incident..
    I figured it out...Hulky is this a better place to have the thread?

I think Kash is more talking about if you're in the middle of the game, the person can just disappear and you have no idea if they're coming back that day and then you have to set up more times and it becomes confusing.

Best of 3 was already imo gonna take a long time and people would lose interest eventually. Adding a 1 week extension to single games is crazy. Maybe if we're doing only 1 style and 1 game each round then that's fine to have a 1 week time limit (with possible extensions) to get your game finished

Or just a 1 week time limit to finish all 3 games if we're doing 3 different styles or best of 3.

quoted for relevance
    Yeah, the best of 3 thing was just an idea, I'm not particularly wedded to it. Main concern is just to see people playing the game again.

New Game Development and Discussion or Nostalgia are the forums you can see without hulky needing to do special permissions for people to see the sub forums
    Thanks

To be honest, I think Facebook is easier to use for the tournament, but it's up to you. I get notification right to my phone on Facebook, which makes it easy to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Mar View Post
    To be honest, I think Facebook is easier to use for the tournament, but it's up to you. I get notification right to my phone on Facebook, which makes it easy to check.
    It might be easier for notifications, but it's seems like it will be harder for me to organize, I've got a life to live to ya know +P

Quote Originally Posted by Aristocatt View Post
    It might be easier for notifications, but it's seems like it will be harder for me to organize, I've got a life to live to ya know +P
    Oh okay, that's good too, I'm open to doing it here since I already have an account, I'm just worried about those who are too busy to browse the forums. Anyway, I'm excited about this and I bet it's showing.

I'm definitely interested.

Thread Information