RT: Jack Conklin

5T: AJ Epenesa, Henry Anderson
    1T: Alim McNeill, Rashad Lawrence
    3T: Zach Allen, Marvin Wilson
    9T: Nick Bosa, Yetur Gross-Matos
    SLB: Shaq Barrett, Shaka Toney
    MLB: Jabril Cox, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Kamu Grugier-Hill
    WLB: Cory Littleton, Mack Wilson, Chase Hansen
    CB: Akhello Witherspoon, Tay Gowan, Lamar Jackson (also SS #3)
    CB: Thomas Graham, AJ Green
    Nickel: Desmond King, Amik Robertson
    FS: John Johnson, Jaquan Johnson
    SS: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, Deshon Elliott
    LS: Morgan Cox
    K: Rodrigo Blankenship
    P: Joseph Charlton

I'm not great at judging player talent or team building from a meta perspective. Is there a way for you to grade your team against other teams created on this forum? Like, can you score your draft based on needs or evaluate your total roster? Do you use the team to track fantasy scoring during the season? Or is this just a theoretical exercise that you have fun with?

Also, The Oakland Renegades is a much better team name than the St Louis Music. At the risk of turning you into an Arena team, I feel like the gray jerseys need a neon orange accent to make them pop.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    I'm not great at judging player talent or team building from a meta perspective. Is there a way for you to grade your team against other teams created on this forum? Like, can you score your draft based on needs or evaluate your total roster? Do you use the team to track fantasy scoring during the season? Or is this just a theoretical exercise that you have fun with?

Also, The Oakland Renegades is a much better team name than the St Louis Music. At the risk of turning you into an Arena team, I feel like the gray jerseys need a neon orange accent to make them pop.
    Purely theoretical no scoring or anything. The other people that run them none of us really compare to one another, some do like "I'm the GM for the Saints for the next 3/4 years" to see if they think they did a better job than the real GM. Others are more like mine where I made a mock expansion team where I didn't really intend to keep the players long term, but draft and sign FAs to see if I could make a competitive team. I think probably close to 40 players on the roster I've either drafted or signed as undrafted free agents and this is the 3rd offseason so far. Usually at the end of the year I make a post kind of explaining the general thought of how my team would have done and ask people where they think my team would be picking in the draft. No scoring or anything like that, but people usually say things like you have defensive pieces, but because Bosa was hurt and your CBs aren't good you likely have a bottom 10 defense, and Tua missed the start of the year then Trent Brown was hurt bottom 10 offense you pick 2nd or 3rd. That type of thing, not really RB has 1100 yards, the same guy would have 1100 on this team. Just kinda a rough "is this team good or bad" then keep building. I do roughly 10% over winning FA bids and don't steal from elite teams unless they are going to be depth for the good team and a starter for me. This way I can't sign just anyone and everyone and contend, I mostly stick to the cap but some things you can't super do well like restructures and guarantees and moving dead space around. I just try to stay under and overpay FAs. Resigning my guys though, I pay market rate because I already had them in house (ie. Shaq Barrett). I also don't structure the money exactly how irl does, like Raiders paid Cory Littleton 33 mil or something like that over 3 years, and I did 39 over year. Mine was 13 13 13, Raiders did like 3, 12, 9, then dead years of 3 3 3 or something along those lines. Sometimes I'll front load a bit to get closer to the cap year one and be a more normal wage down the line too. I think I did that for John Johnson or Corey Davis this year with something like 14 13 13.

In my three years, pretty sure I've outperformed Mike Mayock for the Raiders lol. All my drafted players (except Trey Adams who retired) are still on my team and Amik Robertson is probably my biggest bust but he was a 4th rounder... that Mike Mayock also took (I think in the 5th?). When I draft I draft during my time slot, and if that spot actual factual traded I can accept the trade. That happened this year with pick 39, but also I took Justin Fields, then just accepted the deal when the Bears traded up to take him a few picks later (but I took him when I was OTC not hindsight). I would have kept Fields if a team didn't move up for him. The only projection-y fake trade was the Panthers who I took a less than normal rate for the pick before even the 49ers moved up. I also can beat trades, like I beat the Broncos trade for Jurrell Casey last year, and when I moved down from 39 I gave up a slightly high late round pick since other teams dont have the exact same picks as me.

I just took a Jersey and rolled with it, I dunno how well I could edit in a color swap somewhere but maybe. Basically when I started I wanted to be the Raiders but the Raiders still were in Oakland so I went STL. I originally had STL looking like a music note and was the Music and in the colors or light and dark blue. Another poster started a franchise in St Louis so I moved to Oakland to not confuse the two threads there.
    Last edited by Hulky; 05-06-2021 at 09:15 PM.

It's really cool that you've found something like this that you get to world build for.

Oakland Renegades sign #22 Steven Nelson, CB (IRL to Eagles 1y/4mil) to a 1y/5mil deal. Oakland Renegades are waiving Chase Hansen, LB and giving Jamison Crowder a paycut to $7,500,000 from $11,500,000, IRL Crowder took a paycut to $5,500,000 with the NYJ.

Lamar Jackson (Nebraska) will enter training camp as a SS, and Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah a WLB, in addition to Cory Littleton moving to MLB and changing his number to #42.

That makes it:

QB: Tua Tagovailoa (MIA), Brett Rypien (DEN)
    RB: Javonte Williams (DEN), Jamaal Williams (DET), Eno Benjamin (ARI)
    FB: Alec Ingold (LVR)
    WR: Corey Davis (NYJ), Kelvin Harmon (WFT)
    WR: Will Fuller (MIA), Donovan Peoples-Jones (CLE)
    WR: Jamison Crowder (NYJ), Quintez Cephus (DET)
    TE: Eric Ebron (DET), Hunter Bryant (DET), Sammis Reyes (WFT)
    LT: Christian Darrisaw (MIN), Josh Jones (ARI)
    LG: Dalton Risner (DEN)
    OC: Lloyd Cushenberry (DEN), Scott Quessenberry (LAC)
    RG: Wyatt Davis (MIN), Ben Bredeson (BAL)
    RT: Jack Conklin (CLE)

5T/DE: AJ Epenesa (BUF), Henry Anderson (NEP)
    1T/NT: Alim McNeill (DET), Rashard Lawrence (ARI)
    3T/DT: Zach Allen (ARI), Marvin Wilson (CLE)
    9T/DE: Nick Bosa (SFO), Yetur Gross-Matos (CAR)
    SLB/DE: Shaq Barrett (TAM), Shaka Toney (WFT)
    MLB: Cory Littleton (LVR), Jabril Cox (DAL), Kevin Pierre-Louis (HOU)
    WLB: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (CLE), Mack Wilson (CLE), Kamu Grugier-Hill (HOU)
    CB: Ahkello Witherspoon (SEA), Tay Gowan (ARI), AJ Green (CLE)
    CB: Steven Nelson (PHI), Thomas Graham (CHI)
    CB: Desmond King (HOU), Amik Robertson (LVR)
    FS: John Johnson (CLE), Jaquan Johnson (BUF)
    SS: Deshon Elliott (BAL), Lamar Jackson (NYJ)

LS: Morgan Cox (TEN)
    K: Rodrigo Blankenship (IND)
    P: Joseph Charlton (CAR)
    Last edited by Hulky; 07-25-2021 at 11:16 PM.

Traded Amik Robertson for Jacob Eason when Eason was released earlier this year.
    Traded Ahkello Witherspoon for the offer the Steelers gave for him, then used that pick for Charles Omenihu at trade dead line. I think that more or less catches up to the moves I did during the season. I picked up Kingsley Keke when the Packers cut him.

I wrote this end of year:

Just curious if the other posters think my projection of 6-11 seems reasonable to the other posters. I won't take offense if you think my team has more or less wins, I just want to have a more accurate positioning for the draft.

QB: Tua Tagovailoa, Brett Rypien (2 starts), Jamie Newman (only was on the roster when Tua was hurt), Jacob Eason (picked up in trade when he was waived as QB3)
    RB: Javonte Williams, Jamaal Williams, Eno Benjamin (Williams would split carries, with Javonte being a bellcow when Jamaal was hurt)
    FB: Alec Ingold (got hurt)
    WR: Corey Davis (got hurt), Quintez Cephus (got hurt)
    WR: Donovan Peoples Jones, Kelvin Harmon (WFT PS irl)
    SLOT: Will Fuller V (got hurt), Jamison Crowder
    TE: [essentially none] Eric Ebron (terrible despite the name value and contract), Hunter Bryant (hurt), Sammis Reyes (end of roster WFT)
    LT: Christian Darrisaw (hurt early), Josh Jones
    LG: Dalton Risner
    OC: Lloyd Cushenberry, Scott Quessenberry
    RG: Wyatt Davis (irl didn't play), Ben Bredeson (was very bad on NYG, but started games irl)
    RT: Jack Conklin (fantastic, but got hurt), Carson Green (I don't think he played irl)

[with Conklin out my vision is LT: Darrisaw LG: Jones �� Quessenberry RG: Cushenberry RT: Risner]

DE: AJ Epenesa, Henry Anderson/Charles Omenihu (Anderson went on IR, Omenihu was traded for to replace, they rotate at 5tech with Epenesa and 3tech in passing situations)
    NT: Alim McNeill, Rashard Lawrence, Marvin Wilson
    DT: Zach Allen, [Marvin Wilson]
    DE: Nick Bosa, Yetur Gross Matos
    LB/EDGE: Shaq Barrett, Shaka Toney
    LB: Jabril Cox (got hurt), Kevin Pierre-Louis, Corey Littleton
    LB: Jeremiah Owusu Koramoah, Kamu Grugier-Hill, Mack Wilson
    CB: Steven Nelson, AJ Green
    CB: Desmond King, Tay Gowan
    Nickle: Thomas Graham
    FS: John Johnson III, Jaquan Johnson
    SS: Deshon Elliott (got hurt), Lamar Jackson [JOK would play box safety role after Elliott fell]

LS: Morgan Cox
    K: Rodrigo Blankenship (got hurt)
    P: Joseph Charlton (got hurt)

___
    The Oakland Renegades are firing Kris Richard as Head Coach after three seasons. I posted earlier in the year the goal for extensions was a short term one is pick outside of the top ten, and a long term was make the playoffs this year. I think injuries bit us a touch too much and top 10 this year is 7 wins and I feel that is pretty close and I think 6 is realistic. We unfortunately lost Tua for a couple games early, and when he returned our WR group was battered, and our best offensive player got hurt around the return as well with Conklin.

The Renegades are promoting Aaron Glenn (interviewed Brian Flores, Brian Daboll and Matt Eberflus as well) and retaining our offensive coordinator Marcus Brady with a three year extension, so all coaches will have 4 year deals ('22, '23, '24, '25). Additionally going to hire out some more staff.

Head Coach - Aaron Glenn
    Offensive Coordinator - Marcus Brady
    Defensive Coordinator - Jerry Gray
    Special Teams Coordinator - Tracy Smith
    QB Coach - T.C. McCartney
    RB Coach - Kennedy Polamalu
    WR Coach - Keenan McCardell
    TE Coach - Taylor Embree
    OL Coach / Asst. HC - Mike Munchak
    DL Coach - Andre Patterson
    LB Coach - Larry Foote
    DB Coach - Jonathan Cooley

With the regular season finished the Oakland Renegades finish the season 6-11 and will pick 8th (right before the 7 win teams ATL DEN NYJ WFT SEA). Additionally OAK holds the Bears first round pick from trading Justin Fields, so the Renegades will pick 7th and 8th in 2022. From the Panthers trade down from 2nd overall, the Renegades also have the 38th pick, as well as our natural 39th pick. In the third round we pick after the Bears at 72. In the fourth we hold the Bears pick (IRL held by NYG) at 103rd, as well as our natural 4th at 104th. In the last three rounds we only hold our natural picks which land at 136th after the Bears in the 5th, 166th before the Bears in the 6th, and 200 after the Bears in the 7th. Leaving us with a before compensatory picks announced list of:

Robot Joe Buck is tripping me out.

Thread Information