Free Agency 2022 (edit as moves happen)
    2022 Draft Picks

Resignings
    Morgan Cox, LS 1y/1,272,500
    Desmond King, CB 2y/7,000,000

Tender
    Alec Ingold, FB 1y/2,433,000

Extensions
    Nick Bosa, DE 4y/120,000,000 (instead of the ~11mil this year and 30 per the following 4 years, it is ~35mil this year then 24mil per in 23, 24, 25, 26)

Trade acquisitions
    Amari Cooper, WR
    La'el Collins, RT

Free Agents
    James Daniels, IOL 3y/29mil (9,666,666 apy)

above is copy paste from my other thread. Still looking to resign Jamison Crowder and Deshon Elliott just waiting to see if their real life contracts beat what I could do. I fake extended Nick Bosa for top defender money where in real life I think SF is waiting. I wanted to push some money forward (which SF would not want to do lol) so I did mine now. I think 30 per is something he'd take especially after losing 1 of his first three years to a knee injury I'm sure money now instead of 4th year, option year, then messing with franchise tags and all that. James Daniels is going to be in a weird competition in the summer, he'll play RG if Wyatt Davis is worse at his job than Lloyd Cushenberry is at center and Daniels will play center if the reverse is true. The loser would become the primary reserve interior lineman. I traded my second fourth round pick, then swapped in the 5th and 6th for Amari and La'el. The picks have changed otherwise a bit because of comp picks.

Site was dead during the draft. This was the Renegades draft haul:

2022 Draft Selections
    1.007 -- Kyle Hamilton, S Notre Dame
    1.008 --Accept the Saint's trade up to the Commanders at 11. Renegades send pick No. 8 to the Saints for Nos. 16, 98 and 120.
    1.016 -- From NOLA -- Trent McDuffie, CB Washington
    2.038 -- Accept the Falcons trade up to the Giants at 38. Renegades send pick No. 38 to the Falcons for Nos. 43 and 114.
    2.039 -- Kyler Gordon, CB Washington
    2.043 -- From ATL -- Nakobe Dean, MLB Georgia
    3.072 -- Travis Jones, NT Connecticut
    3.098 -- From NOLA -- Sam Howell, QB UNC
    4.111 -- Charlie Kolar, TE Iowa State
    4.114 -- From ATL -- Khalil Shakir, WR Boise State
    4.120 -- From NOLA -- Zach Tom, T/C Wake Forest
    5.155 -- James Mitchell, TE Virginia Tech
    6.201 -- Ryan Stonehouse, P Colorado State
    7.227 -- Jalen Wydermeyer, TE Texas A&M

Blog entry 1: Initial plan was Sauce Gardner at 7, and Derek Stingley at 8. When Stingley went 3rd, I moved Ikem Ekwonu as my choice at 8. Sauce went 4th, and my plan altered to Ikem at 7 and Kyle Hamilton at 8. Ikem went 6th and I had Kyle Hamilton at 7 and wait to see if I could match a trade down while OTC. I waited as the 8th, 9th and 10th picks rolled off the board and was targeting either Devin Lloyd or Trent McDuffie. I was going to select Devin Lloyd when I saw the Saints trading up to 11 and accepted the same deal for pick 8. I was now on the board for 16 with my two choices of McDuffie and Lloyd. As the picks crept I decided on McDuffie as I was more confident either Lloyd or Dean would make it to one of my second round picks than I was of a CB1 like McDuffie, Elam, Gordon or Booth. I need both a CB1 and another potential CB2 to take over for Steven Nelson potentially and Lloyd is a bit older of a prospect for an additional tie breaker. I had Lloyd as a 90 grade initially and McDuffie as an 88, so the grades were close. Now that I landed McDuffie I'm less knocking McCreary for his arm length as I was in my initial grades and McCreary has drastically risen on my board (about 10 points ~83). I'm very excited for day 2.

Blog entry 2: Was looking hard at McCreary as mentioned in my previous blog, and with him going off the board I traded 38 for 43 and 114 when I entered the clock, and Gordon was my clear next CB with Booth slightly behind him but with injury questions. Pairing both Washington CBs in Oakland. Booth remains on the board for future picks, but the injury concerns drop him although I feel this is his healthy range. Nakobe Dean is my top target upcoming, but felt comfortable with the slight trade back given reports of injury concerns and being a LB. Some depth at LB too if I get sniped.

Blog entry 3: Andrew Booth goes 42, very happy to have gone with Gordon at 39 almost got locked out of my CB2 which was a high priority to me. Very happy to land Nakobe Dean. Loved both Devin Lloyd and Dean and was impressed with each of them off the field and their leadership abilities, getting one at value is absolutely ideal. I was willing to roll with another linebacker in the 3rd or 4th, but I really wanted one of the two I viewed as exceptional people and leaders in the second. Identity builder.

Blog entry 4: On the wait to 72, I did not expect Travis Jones to still be there. Between Alim and Travis it's going to be a lot of blockers occupied for our linebackers to operate. I was initially going to target TE here, but with my collection of 4th rounders I'm going BPA once again.

Blog entry 5: I'm up at 98 and had a little moment of disappointment when I saw the Colts move up, then they didn't take him. I want Howell. I had DeMarvin Leal written up for 98, who is not available after going to the Steelers in the 80s, and I'm moving Howell from the 4th where I had him only due to the QB slide to now. Love Howell and excited to add him to the QB room.

Blog entry 5: Cade Otton off the board at the start of the 4th and a guy I was targeting in this round. Was hoping for Otton at 111 and Kolar at 114. New plan is Kolar at 111 and Khalil Shakir at 114.

Blog entry 6: Torn between Jalyn Armour Davis and Zach Tom here upcoming at 120. edit: Oh Armour-Davis just went 119, that makes it easier.

Blog entry 7: I'm debating Matthew Butler who I really liked, but I feel like I had one DT slot and I took Travis Jones. I still might want Butler as a 3tech, but I have Kingsley Keke, Marvin Wilson, Zach Allen and my 5 techs Charles Omenihu and AJ Epenesa could get snaps there. It's a rough competition for roster spots for my big boys. Alim and Jones are my top two DTs though, but I'm still intrigued in what Butler would add. My other considerations are Justyn Ross who would add a lot of size to my WR group, but I have Amari, Davis, and Crowder with DPJ, Cephus and rookie Khalil Shakir. I think the slot Ross would battle for is Cephus'. Thomas Booker and Curtis Brooks are two more DTs I like behind Butler, but same issue of how many capable bodies under contract, that also makes three guys if all remain on board to maybe wait. Punter Matt Araiza is on my radar, but I also really like Ryan Stonehouse and I may just continue waiting it out until one of the two goes or pick 227 comes up. I'm still slightly intrigued by some TEs mainly James Mitchell and might gamble on Wydermeyer developing behind Kolar, but I feel like that's more a 201 thought. I'm mostly leaning towards Butler v. Mitchell v. Ross. Getting one of the athletic freaks with insane size at CB would be something too, but I'm happy with my CB group after adding McDuffie and Gordon. Kingsley Enagbare I like around here as well, but I have Yetur behind Bosa and I'm not really looking to hold a third behind them. edit: 4 picks out and I'm leaning towards Mitchell because I see a clear path to the 53 man roster.

Blog entry 8: I wrote: "Punter Matt Araiza is on my radar, but I also really like Ryan Stonehouse and I may just continue waiting it out until one of the two goes or pick 227 comes up." Well, Araiza went 180th, so at 201 I took Ryan Stonehouse. I have one more pick this year at 227 in the 7th, and Curtis Brooks, Justyn Ross, and Jalen Wydermeyer I mentioned in the previous post and as of right now at 201 are still available. I think I'd rank them Brooks, Ross and then Wydermeyer, but best chance to make the 53 man roster is the opposite order. Hopefully one or two (but not all three!) go off the board before 227 to make it easier. I liked Devin Harper as my sleeper 7th for a long time and thought Damone Clark's spine might make him available as well, but each of them is gone. Diesch and West OL from ASU would have been considered, but I addressed both T/C with Zach Tom in the 4th. Dontarrio Drummond the WR from Ole Miss might be my sleeper 7th at the moment.

5th year option for Tua Tagovailoa picked up.

Resignings:
    Jamaal Williams, RB -- MATCHED -- 3y/12,000,000/4,000,000 per year (NOLA)
    Dalton Risner, LG -- MATCHED -- hasn't signed yet, but will match
    DeShon Elliott, S -- MATCHED -- 1y/1,770,000 (MIA)
    Charles Omenihu, DE -- thank you for your time with the Oakland Renegades -- 2y/20,000,000 with the KC Chiefs
    Zach Allen, DL -- MATCHED -- 3y/45,750,000/15,250,000 per year (DEN)
    Morgan Cox, LS -- MATCHED -- 1y/1,317,000 (TEN)
    Trayvon Mullen, CB -- thank you for your time with the Oakland Renegades -- ????? with the Baltimore Ravens
    Jaquan Johnson, S -- MATCHED -- 1y/1,232,500 (LVR)
    Mack Wilson, LB -- MATCHED -- 1y/2,200,000 (NEP)
    Jamison Crowder, WR -- thank you for your time with the Oakland Renegades -- 1y/1,317,500 with the NY Giants
    Kamu Grugier-Hill, LB -- thank you for your time with the Oakland Renegades --
    Brett Rypien, QB -- thank you for your time with the Oakland Renegades --

Free Agents:
    Cory Littleton, LB -- welcome back to OAK-- 1y/2,200,000 (HOU)

Trade:
    Jeff Okudah, CB -- welcome to OAK -- 4.125 to DET (beat ATL '23 5th) -- 1y/5,182,074 (5th year/11,514,000 option -- which we pick up)

2023 Draft Selections

The Oakland Renegades are meeting with the following for their top 30 visits:
    01. Bijan Robinson, RB Texas
    02. Chase Brown, RB Illinois
    03. Josh Downs, WR North Carolina
    04. Michael Wilson, WR Stanford
    05. Michael Mayer, TE Notre Dame
    06. Darnell Washington, TE Georgia
    07. Peter Skoronski, OL Northwestern
    08. Broderick Jones, OT Georgia
    09. Paris Johnson Jr., OT The Ohio State
    10. Jon Gaines II, RG UCLA
    11. Dillan Gibbons, LG Florida State
    12. John Michael Schmitz, C Minnesota
    13. Olusegun Oluwatimi, C Michigan
    14. Brett Neilon, C USC
    15. Nolan Smith, EDGE Georgia
    16. Tuli Tuipulotu, EDGE USC
    17. Kobie Turner, DL Wake Forest
    18. Moro Ojomo, DL Texas
    19. Jack Campbell, LB Iowa
    20. Trenton Simpson, LB Clemson
    21. Henry Too'too, LB Alabama
    22. DeMarvion Overshown, LB Texas
    23. Joey Porter Jr., CB Penn State
    24. Mekhi Blackmon, CB USC
    25. Sydney Brown, S Illinois
    26. J'Ayir Brown, S Penn State
    27. Jordan Battle, S Alabama
    28. Jammie Robinson, S Florida State
    29. Jake Moody, K Michigan
    30. Christopher Dunn, K North Carolina

2023 Draft Selections
    1.021 -- Accept the Giants trade [to Jaguars at 24] of 1.025 + 5.160 + 7.240
    1.025 -- Accept the Bills trade [to Jaguars at 25] of 1.027 + 4.130
    1.027 -- Nolan Smith, EDGE/LB Georgia
    2.054 -- John Michael Schmitz, C Minnesota
    3.085 -- Darnell Washington, TE Georgia
    4.130 -- Antonio Johnson, Nickel CB/S Texas A&M
    5.156 -- Chase Brown, RB Illinois
    5.160 -- Isaiah Moore, LB North Carolina State
    7.239 -- Christopher Dunn, K North Carolina State
    7.240 -- Dillan Gibbons, LG Florida State
    UDFA: Jalen Wayne, WR South Alabama

Draft Notes:
    Blog entry 1: I really wanted Michael Mayer and was on it for a while, until my number one player was on the board at 21. I started to write in Nolan Smith, but was really comfortable with my board and uncomfortable with the number of picks I had. Although Nolan was much higher on my board than Michael Mayer (who was #1 on my board for reasonably available), I think I could hide the hole Nolan would fill easier with scheme than I could Mayer. The Giants moved up and I matched figuring they were selecting a prospect off my board but I assumed it would be John Michael Schmitz. I could accept that risk because I really want more picks.

Blog entry 2: The Jaguars are back on the clock at my new selection of 25 and trade down again for a 4th, which I was very excited to recoup as I traded mine for Jeff Okudah. The Bills were jumping Dallas, and I figured Michael Mayer was probably leaving my board either with the Bills or Cowboys pick, but that's alright because I'll have Nolan Smith if it goes TE TE. Worst case maybe Mayer goes, then Nolan Smith (maybe Micah plays "LEO" and Smith "SLB" for Dallas' defense instead of bouncing Micah back and forth). If that's the case I can go John Michael Schmitz and at least I've recoupped a 4, 5 and 7. I think the risk is fine again.

Blog entry 3: I'm OTC at 27 and write in Michael Mayer. Maybe I've missed some major injury news on Nolan Smith. I start googling, it's the pectoral I knew about. I don't care about the pectoral. I quickly edit "or Nolan Smith". I'm tripping it's my two favorite prospects for the Renegades. I decide to let the clock run out repeatedly to see if the Bengals or Saints either take Mayer/Nolan so I'd get the other or get an appealing offer to trade up and get Levis with a 5th year option. I figured the Bengals would select Mayer, and if they did I'd stop and immediately select Nolan as I think the Saints might take him. The Saints pick is in, meaning no trade offer, and I'm not risking Nolan rejoining Jordan Davis, Nakobe Dean and now Jalen Carter in Philly. I'm taking Nolan Smith and can't believe he's available. I am deeply hoping NFL teams are on arm length for TE and there is a micro-shot I can get in range for Michael Mayer tomorrow. If not I love my BB and will trust it. I can't believe I got my number one prospect (check this quoted post for Raiders BB for pick 7, though I did take Jalen Carter in my Raider Nation v.. Ziegler and with pick 9 for the Idaho Hogs). I'm so fired up for Nolan Smith and he steps into the role I have Shaq Barrett in, and who is coming off an Achilles injury, and Shaka Toney who is indefinitely suspended for gambling. The need was realistically greater than my perspective while collecting picks, but the trade downs were so small at the time and the fit of Mayer was good enough to constantly take that risk. Really happy.

On 4/25/2023 at 5:24 PM, Trojan said:

1. Nolan Smith
    2. Will Anderson
    3. Jalen Carter
    4. Trade Down
    5. Anthony Richardson
    6. Bijan Robinson
    7. Paris Johnson
    8. Devon Witherspoon

* Jalen Carter pending he passed the character and interviews, replace with Peter Skoronski if not.
    Expand

Blog entry 4: Patiently waiting for the Renegades second round pick, and the Raiders took my ideal target on a trade up. Very happy for Michael Mayer as the Raiders are my irl favorite team. As 54 approaches, I'm hoping for John Michael Schmitz who I graded as a first rounder.

Blog entry 5: I see the Chiefs have moved up to 54, going to take a minute and review the offer. edit: Chiefs moved to 55 from what I see not 54. I'm taking JMS.

Blog entry 6: As Tucker Kraft comes off the board at 78, 8 picks before the Renegades are up we are nervous our target Darnell Washington is at risk. If Washington goes we'll have a big pivot. Josh Downs oof, that was the first pivot to keep it an offensive weapon for Tua/Howell. Washington is higher on our board than many TEs that have gone, but once he goes we're on a tier dump and can't target TE in the 1/2/3 rounds anymore. With Downs going I'm not sure we're going offense if Washington goes.

Blog entry 7: I'm willing to trade up for Washington and I see Panthers just moved up, see if I can match that. Not sure what that trade is yet. edit: to beat their trade it would cost our 3rd and 4th so we passed. He shouldn't be available, so we hope he keeps sliding just a bit more. Looking at Antonio Johnson as a slot corner/reserve Kyle Hamilton role if Washington goes.

Blog entry 8: Man screw the 49ers drafting one of the kickers I brought in for a top 30 visit in the third. I was REALLY hoping it'd be at a more reasonable place so I can either get Moody at value or time when to strike for Dunn. Dunn is my accuracy kicker, but maybe a modest range. I have that sort of kicker, but an even more modest range in Rodrigo so I'm not going to reach I don't think. Really frustrating. 3rd round really?

Blog entry 9: New England Patriots in the early fourth select the second kicker off the board. Angry react but at least it's not Dunn.

Blog entry 10: As the 4th round approached I looked at my board and kept looking at Antonio Johnson. He was typically evaluated as a safety but played a lot of slot corner (more snaps there than anywhere else). He produced as a nickel corner at a high level and here he can compete with Desmond King, who has one year left on his contract, and if King continues to earn the job Antonio can compete at safety where John Johnson struggled last year. The Antonio Johnson selection felt like a merger of BPA and a transitional plan to reduce future needs. Braden Daniels, Jon Gaines and Isaiah McGuire were all considered, but went before making it really easy. Jammie Robinson was also considered (a top 30 visit and originally a backup plan in case Sydney and Ji'Ayir Brown were gone by my 3rd and 4th selections, or if BPA caused the 3rd round selection to be needed elsewhere (which is what happened with BPA Nolan Smith making TE go from round 2 to round 3, with JMS in round 2). When Antonio Johnson was up and the extra versatility and size sold me, I had originally thought Antonio would be a late 2 - early 3 player and didn't think he'd be a realistic option.

Blog entry 11: My two fifths were approaching and Isaiah Moore had been locked in as one of them for a long time. The other was long locked as Michael Wilson who would bounce between my plan A 4th or 5th round target, and eventually had settled as my 5th round assuming his foot injury history would scare teams down. He went 94th so I had almost two rounds to prepare something else, and decided to change up my RB3. I've had Eno Benjamin and felt he did well, but clearly something weird is with him to be released while preforming with the Cardinals and then I think bouncing from Houston to New Orleans. My RB4 was Kylin Hill who was not "wanting it" or whatever enough for GB, so I held his rights from waivers with hoping I wouldn't get stranded relying on him. Sydney Brown was one of my favorites in the class, and a selection of mine for the Idaho Hogs, but his brother Chase Brown is close to being a favorite. Chase's only knock to me is fumbling issues and we can work on that as RB3. The tandem of Jamaal Williams return and Chase Brown will allow us to not rush Javonte back if Javonte needs more time.

Blog entry 12: 7th round rolls around and I'm a bit sad my super long time targets of Christopher Dunn and Dillan Gibbons is going to be disturbed with Andrew Vorhees still being available, but the Ravens moved back into the draft and let me take my plan. I love these prospects even if they are longer shot types. I have one empty spot in my team with never addressing the WR position when Michael Wilson went. I really like the person of Jalen Wayne and he came across great in interviews to me, and then seeing instagram footwork drills and whatnot I like what he is improving and what he showed as progress and ability to jump in competition in Senior Bowl. Jalen Wayne, assuming he goes undrafted, if my one UDFA signing and making the team.

2023 Draft Selections
    1.021 -- Accept the Giants trade [to Jaguars at 24] of 1.025 + 5.160 + 7.240
    1.025 -- Accept the Bills trade [to Jaguars at 25] of 1.027 + 4.130
    1.027 -- Nolan Smith, EDGE/LB Georgia
    2.054 -- John Michael Schmitz, C Minnesota
    3.085 -- Darnell Washington, TE Georgia
    4.130 -- Antonio Johnson, Nickel CB/S Texas A&M
    5.156 -- Chase Brown, RB Illinois
    5.160 -- Isaiah Moore, LB North Carolina State
    7.239 -- Christopher Dunn, K North Carolina State
    7.240 -- Dillan Gibbons, LG Florida State
    UDFA: Jalen Wayne, WR South Alabama

Quarterback (2/53)
    Tua Tagovailoa, #13
    Sam Howell, #7

Tua played elite last year, and when injured Sam Howell showed NFL talent. Tua is starting for the Miami Dolphins, and Sam Howell is starting for the Washington Commanders. On the Renegades there isn't a QB competition, but we are taking Tua's health and well being seriously and well being seriously and would no play him after head injuries like the Dolphins did. Last year when Tua did miss time, we felt confident in Howell's hands. We are extremely excited about the security he proves the team and if needed he could lead us back to the playoffs, although we projected ourselves as losing our first playoff appearance last year under Howell that was because of injuries amongst the team and his inexperience at the time. Howell has multiple starts for us. Both players are roster locks.

Runningback (3, maybe 4/53)
    Javonte Williams, #25
    Jamaal Williams, #30
    Chase Brown, #22 (Rookie)
    Eno Benjamin, #33
    Kylin Hill, #32

The Renegades were so pumped for the next step for Javonte last year and unfortunately his knee gave out early on. Jamaal became a surprise starter, for both the Renegades and the Lions, and set the Lion's franchise rushing touchdown record. For the Renegades he was a fan and lockerroom favorite and named a team captain before he was even the starter. Chase Brown enters the room as the role Jamaal originally signed for years ago, a cheap contract high quality infectious personality football player that if called upon can carry a full load and be successful. Javonte and Jamaal have been models of working well in tandem situations and we excited about this trio and it's potential to alleviate Javonte's burden as he eases back from his injury. Eno Benjamin popped off in real life right when we needed him to show something, and he functioned as Jamaal's backfield mate for much of the year. In real life when Eno's role was reduced when James Conner returned from injury something happened and Eno was released, then spent time with both the Texans and Saints. Here Eno is on the last year of his deal and his roster spot isn't guaranteed. Ideally the Renegades would carrry two runningbacks as we also field a fullback. With Javonte's progress Eno may slide into the 53 once again. Kylin Hill was claimed after the Packers released him for not being professional enough or something along those lines and Hill is unlikely to make the 53 man roster and was claimed because I liked him as a prospect and if needed for a game I think he could carry the load and not be embarrassing.

Fullback (1/53)
    Alec Ingold, #45

Alec Ingold returns again as a member of the undrafted free agents of the Renegades inaugural draft class (then the St. Louis Music). Alec Ingold is on the final year of his extension and all he needs to do is maintain his play, ideally improve like everyone else's goals, and stay healthy. We love Ingold in Oakland.

Wide Reciever (5, or 6/53)
    Amari Cooper, #19
    Corey Davis, #84
    Donovan Peoples-Jones, #11
    Khalil Shakir, #12
    Jalen Wayne, #87 (Rookie)
    Jacob Harris, #86

Amari, Corey, Donovan and Khalil return from last year's group. Amari proved he remains a WR1 after his trade from the Dallas Cowboys and this year Donovan and Corey Davis will compete for the WR2 job as Davis suffered some more injuries and DPJ impressed with development from his humble beginnings as a raw rookie. DPJ's classmate Quintez Cephus ended last year on IR and then he was involved in the gambling and would be suspended for the year (he wasn't our only player involved), so he isn't listed as we don't expect him to play for the team again. Khalil Shakir will compete with DPJ for the slot role, and he flashed in a similar role with the Bills as a rookie last year. Regardless all four will see action as rookie undrafted free agent Jalen Wayne plays on special teams and develops as a wide receiver making a fairly significant leap from South Alabama to the NFL. Jacob Harris is a receiver with tight end versatility which is why he was claimed by the team last year as Kolar started the year hurt. Harris isn't a lock to make the team, but carrying him as WR6 is not unreasonable, nor is he unreasonable as TE4.

Tight End (3, or 4/53)
    Darnell Washington, #80 (Rookie)
    Charlie Kolar, #88
    James Mitchell, #82
    Jalen Wydermeyer, #85
    Honorable mention: Jacob Harris, #86; Sammis Reyes, #12

As the Renegades took off as an expansion franchise we started with a broken down Jimmy Graham, with a UDFA Dax Raymond. Then we pivoted to an end of career Eric Ebron pair with a 7th round rookie who never got healthy in Hunter Bryant, and a new UDFA in Jared Pinkney. Year three we experimented with selecting Pitts if he'd fall to us, but realistically looked at Hunter Long and just generally didn't like the TE class and passed when the opportunity came. We signed Chilean basketball player Sammis Reyes on a Darren Waller long shot gamble, and had to hit up the position repeatedly in year four. We came away with Charlie Kolar, James Mitchell and Jalen Wydermeyer after passing on higher graded options like Trey McBride. An opportunity presented itself to trade for Zach Ertz with draft capital and Tay Gowan, but I liked what 2/3rds of our rookie TEs offered especially paired with the upcoming draft class. We passed and passed and almost missed out again, but Darnell Washington was available in the 3rd round after a huge TE run. Darnell offers tremendous blocking potential and helps realize our vision. Mitchell is a good complementary receiving TE, and Charlie Kolar is solid overall offering positive blocking effort and receiving skill. This trio is such an exciting development for the Oakland Renegades and we have high expectations for the group. Jalen Wydermeyer hung on to a roster spot by a string last year with Kolar's injury to start the year, but he is unlikely to make the team this year barring injuries. We've mostly given up on the Sammis Reyes long shot, but we still have one more year of control and Reyes will compete against Jacob Harris for the WR/TE role if it exists.

Offensive Line (10/53)
    Christian Darrisaw, #77
    Dalton Risner, #66
    John Michael Schmitz, #60 (rookie)
    James Daniels, #68
    Josh Jones, #74
    La'el Collins, #71
    Zach Tom, #50
    Lloyd Cushenberry, #79
    Dillan Gibbons, #75
    Wyatt Davis, #52
    Alec Lindstrom, #61

I love our line, and can't wait to match whatever offer Dalton Risner eventually accepts. La'el Collins and Josh Jones would battle for the RT job, but with Collins coming off injury it's presumed Josh Jones will win the job (outside shot of Zach Tom as well). Rookie second round pick John Michael Schmitz is projected to displace Lloyd Cushenberry who will likely rotate to guard this offseason to be a reserve guard and center. Zach Tom likely ends up being our reserve on the left side both as tackle and guard, and La'el the reserve on the right likewise. Gibbons will continue his development and hopefully earns the backup LG spot. Wyatt Davis is in a similar position, but with more draft capital used on him and disappointing years on the books. Lindstrom and Wyatt are likely battling for the 10th spot on the offensive line. If Collins misses the start of the year on PUP or something potentially all the players will make the roster. If Dalton Risner never signs, which would be very disappointing and we've intended to resign him and he's our team captain, then Zach Tom is the projected LG. When I got to the center class this year I was so excited there were so many prospects I liked and early on I kept jotting down Georgia's Sedrick Van Pran, but with his youth and coming off a Championship Van Pran returned. I had Van Pran comfortably ahead of Patterson, who I had a mid-round grade on, and just ahead of Oluwatimi and Olu a bit ahead of Stromberg. Then I got to John Michael Schmitz and thought "wow". I put him right up there with another late addition of Wisconsin's guard at the top of the class. I had Ohio State's center as my replacement Van Pran with youth and athleticism, but I kept coming back to Schmitz. Schmitz was the center I wanted most since I passed on the left handed Humphrey a couple years ago. Schmitz breakdowns on youtube just confirmed it and I moved him up and he ended up as my number two "likely available" board (just behind Michael Mayer, who has been my like forever target) for my pick in the early 20s. I thought there was a real chance he'd go 25 to NYG, and Mayer I thought would go to the Bengals if not to the Packers as his potential before me destination. Nolan Smith being my top big board player, then being available was heartbreak that I wasn't getting Michael Mayer. I absolutely love Nolan Smith as a prospect and couldn't pass on him, but I did offer a number of small trade backs so at worst I would get Mayer. I stopped in front of Philly and selected Smith and accepted Mayer almost assuredly wouldn't make it to my second (unless teams hated his length and technically, in this class, not great athleticism), but there was a glimmer I'd get to have a shot, or a shot of a trade up, for John Michael Schmitz. He's the solution to my interior. I love my guards in Risner and Daniels, but they aren't so strong as to make up for having below average center play. Schmitz has enough power that initially I wasn't sure he'd be a zone fit, then you watch him move. Watch him position himself and pass players off before going to the next phase. I'm hyped for JMS and I think he gives my OL top 5 potential.

Defensive Line (10/53)
    Zach Allen, #93
    Alim McNeill, #92
    Travis Jones, #95
    Nick Bosa, #97
    Nolan Smith, #54 (Rookie)
    Shaquill Barrett, #58
    A.J. Epenesa, #57
    Yetur Gross-Matos, #99
    Rashard Lawrence, #90
    Marvin Wilson, #91
    Shaka Toney, #57

I love our line. We still use an attacking front and line up like a 4-3 under frequently. This is sort of a 5 man front in a way with a 5tech base end (Zach Allen, AJ Epenesa), 1tech nose tackle (Alim McNeill, Rashard Lawrence), penetrating 3tech (Travis Jones, Marvin Wilson), and a wide 9 edge rusher (Nick Bosa, Yetur Gross-Matos), the 5th comes from an outside linebacker position (Shaq Barrett, Nolan Smith, Shaka Toney). This is the same group as last year a major reason of our projected wildcard berth. Shout out Defensive Player of the Year Nick Bosa and I gave him a front loaded extension this offseason, and if the 49ers pay him considerably more I'll pay him a bonus to not cheat the man that makes my team tick. The difference for the Renegades is last year Shaq Barrett tore his Achilles, and this year we expect him back, but we have first round pick Nolan Smith manning his position and he doesn't need to play all downs and if his explosiveness is sapped it's likely Nolan's job to lose. Shaka Toney, like Quintez Cephus, was suspended in the gambling ordeal so all players will make the team. Shaka has a better chance to return to the team after his suspension if details don't emerge to make me cut him, but he has an opportunity to replace Shaq Barrett as Nolan Smith's reserve long term. The suspension suspends his contract essentially extending him a year so we have 3 team controlled years left, just with nothing offered this year. We have the 4-3 under looks, but Aaron Glenn is multiple and came up through the 3-4 system even if he changes for personnel. In 3-4 looks we can have fronts that feature Zach Allen, Alim McNeill and Travis Jones as our down lineman, with Bosa and Smith (and Shaq... and sometimes Yetur) as stand up rushers.

Linebackers (5 or 6/53)

Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, #46
    Nakobe Dean, #17
    Jabril Cox, #59
    Isaiah Moore, #41 (Rookie)
    Mack Wilson, #51
    Corey Littleton, #48

Familiar faces return with JOK, Dean, Cox, and Wilson from last year, and Corey Littleton from the year before. Jabril Cox is hopefully finally healthy, and Nakobe Dean developed. If not Mack Wilson is likely to fill in as he has been with the Renegades from the inaugural draft class. That said there is a chance the rookie linebacker impresses and moves up. We really liked Isaiah Moore's attacking gaps and shedding blocks watching him at NC State. He has familiarity working behind Alim from college, and I believe he has leadership potential if his play reaches his potential. Moore also has some of the highest "thumper" potential of our group and may find a role in run situations even if he doesn't get a starting role. It's not a high pressure situation for him though and we are happy as a reserve and special teamer if everything is firing well. Littleton has an outside shot of redeeming his original FA bust label as we moved on in previous years, but brought him back as our only outside the organization free agent this year on a similar contract as Mack Wilson. Ideally neither Wilson nor Littleton has to start for us, but each provide experience in our system and guidance for our young linebackers on low cost veteran one year deals.

Corners (6/53)
    Trent McDuffie, #21
    Kyler Gordon, #6
    Jeffrey Okudah, #0
    Desmond King, #20
    Antonio Johnson, #27 (Rookie)
    A.J. Green, #39
    Thomas Graham, #24

Trent McDuffie and Kyler Gordon got a familar new assistant DB coach from who they learned under at Washington together in Will Harris assisting returning DB coach Jonathan Cooley. The two Washington boys are our projected outside corners, and the rookie Antonio Johnson will battle Desmond King for the slot role, but two slots under contract is beneficial against spread offenses and if King wins Johnson can get some third safety looks if he earns them. Jeff Okudah is here to push Kyler Gordon for the CB2 job, and if he wins but the King/Johnson battle disappoints Gordon may be in the nickel. AJ Green returns for his final contract year after being a 7th round pick for the team and we still like him as a reserve boundary corner. I really like this group and it's very young. I think they can thrive with our pressure potential. I don't think Thomas Graham is going to make the 53.

Safeties (4/53)
    Kyle Hamilton, #14
    John Johnson III, #43
    Deshon Elliott, #34
    Reed Blankenship, #42
    Jaquan Johnson, #44

We plan to only carry four safeties with out nickle options at corner having safety versatility. Jaquan Johnson's roster spot isn't completely lost though as John Johnson may lose his contract for money to open up to resign Dalton Risner whenever I can match. Jaquan was the team's first sixth round pick and got a 1 year extension this offseason with the potential of losing team captain JJ3 to cap and play performance. If JJ3 is cut, Reed Blankenship will battle extended expansion member DeShon Elliott for the starting job opposite Kyle Hamilton. Reed was an UDFA of ours last year who impressed in spots with the Eagles last year. We like the group, but it's somewhat likely JJ3 may need to take a pay cut (would be more than what he eventually signs irl as a fa) or he gets cut to make room for Risner. I still like the group for a budget safety group without JJ3 if that's where it needs to go. I do appreciate the player and would be sad if we lose him. edit: On the topic of JJ3 potentially being cut for cap reasons, if you look at my chart above it looks like I am above the cap as is, but cap is top 51 contracts and my calculated total is 63 players, so without reordering and exactsies checking it's ~10-12mil less than listed (...to exactsies the top 51 it would be 219,776,221 of a 224.8mil cap, so ~5 under).

Specialists (3/53)
    Ryan Stonehouse, #4
    Christopher Dunn, #3 (Rookie)
    Rodrigo Blankenship, #9
    Morgan Cox, #53

Ryan Stonehouse was above and beyond as a rookie setting the all time record and getting his cleats sent to the HOF. Amazing and I'm proud to have targeted and drafted him. Morgan Cox has continued to be one of the best long snappers in the NFL and was an easy resign to maintain continuity. Christopher Dunn was drafted, quite frankly, to beat Rodrigo Blankenship in camp for the kicking job. Rodrigo is an accurate kicker, but his range is just not enough to be as competitive as we need to be. Love Blankenship as a person, I just need more range. Dunn is extremely accurate (made all 200 XP attempts at NC State) as well. Dunn was almost perfect last year with 96.6% made, but previously had some issues with range (0-3 beyond 50 in 2021, and 0-2 in 2019). That said this past year wasn't just dink hits for percentage as he was 2/2 beyond 50 with a 53 yard long. He only has 11 misses 20-49 yards in his 5 years, out of 88 attempts which is a 87.5%. When I was scouting Christopher Dunn, I was really impressed with the other kicker in his class Moody. Then I noticed Moody's plant foot wasn't really all that consistently distanced from the ball, whereas watching Dunn kick his plant foot is right next to the ball. I flipped over to a Justin Tucker kicking video and Tucker's foot plants right next to the ball. I don't expect him to be Justin Tucker, but seeing someone with a ritualistic and consistent technique was encouraging. I watched videos of him talking and also bought into the low key hard working farmer background. Let's get to work and make field goals that matter, or Rodrigo if you win please improve.

Thread Information