Page 397 of 492 FirstFirst ... 297347387393394395396397398399400401407447 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

fuck thats a lot of money for Zeke
    why was Jerry trolling him only to give him the fatty check lol

Sad to see this end but...

https://deadspin.com/tag/why-your-team-sucks-2019

I look forward to this every year. God I love it so much.

Got my two opening day Draft Kings lineups for the big contest.
    QB: Jameis Winston v. SF | Philip Rivers v. IND
    RB: Mark Ingram v. MIA | Mark Ingram v. MIA
    RB: Saquon Barkley v. DAL | Saquon Barkley v. DAL
    WR: Tyler Lockett v. CIN | Tyler Lockett v. CIN
    WR: Mike Williams v. IND | Mike Williams v. IND
    WR: Chris Godwin v. SF | Sammy Watkins v. KC
    TE: Evan Engram v. DAL | Hunter Henry v. IND
    FLEX: Miles Sanders v. WAS | Kerryon Johnson v. ARI
    DST: Seattle v. CIN | Baltimore v. MIA

Figured to stack QB with receiving options as a big tournament strategy to hopefully double up if I happened to guess right. So I have Jameis with Godwin and then in the other lineup Rivers with Williams and Henry.The two shittiest teams imo are the Dolphins and Bengals so I picked the defenses that play them. Then Ingram and Barkley are my RBs that are in both lineups Barkley because he is a stud and I kinda sorta like his OLine this year which is weird (Nate Solder, Will Hernandez, the Center that was aight before he lost the rest of the year to injury, Kevin Zeitler and Mike Remmers who was aight the last time he played for Shurmur), I think the floor is high on Barkley and unless Dallas shuts NY out I think Barkley scores. Ingram is because a) Miami is fucking awful b) maybe that hurricane Dorian distracts the Dolphins and they play even worse than garbage --plus the Ravens run the ball like 40 times a game so hopefully Ingram gets the points.

Likewise I'm running two matching WRs in each lineup with Mike Williams and Tyler Lockett. Tyler Lockett is pretty simple a) the Bengals are trash b) who else is Wilson going to throw to. Mike Williams I think Keenan Allen has a minor ankle issue and obviously Tyrell Williams is a Raider now so Mike Williams kinda sorta looks like a top option with a discount price to me. I don't think Indy is bad, but like the retirement of Luck might have a negative morale impact and they underperform, also the lack of Melvin Gordon implies a more passing oriented game plan until they can settle out the Eckler/Jackson situations -- like Rivers is the experience here so I feel like the game plan will focus on him and therefore Williams gets a sizable portion of the gameplan (shit OL too, so I think primary reads will be important). The WR I differentiate is Godwin and Watkins. Sammy Watkins is pretty simple, the Chiefs are retarded expensive and Jalen Ramsey is going to follow Tyreek, so if KC is good and Tyreek is somewhat erased this looks like one of those games that Watkins can randomly get 100 yards and a TD to me (ie. a split between his performances weeks 6 and 7 last year when Tyreek didn't have an insane game, also JAX is going to be hot and humid as hell post Dorian and a speedy guy with a rocket armed QB launching it to him is something I could see burning a spent CB). On the same Dorian line, Godwin has that upside again SF. Mike Evans is number one, but SF has Sherman and if they match up the difference between Godwin v.. whoever the fuck SF puts as #2 should be exploitable especially Witherspoon who is a big physical guy that I could see being affected by hot humidity and giving up separation, in the Godwin lineup I have him stacked with Jameis to exploit this.

Tight End I didn't want to punt so early in the season which is why I dont really have "stud" players outside of Barkley, Engram I think (outside of Barkleys catches) is the Giants pass game week 1. Everyone else has been hurt or in Tate's case suspended. Eli can have upgraded OL and dink dunk to Engram, like for sure Eli isn't going to have less than 200 yards right? Hunter Henry is pretty cheap and stacked with Rivers. I can envision Rivers ripping up Indy if they are mentally thinking "Luck quit we lost our championship hopes", like they have to be thinking that somewhat and may gain back confidence later, but week 1? Rivers? I think Henry is the other outlet for Rivers with Williams with Keenan Allen a defensive focus and having an ankle issue those two get boosts. Miles Sanders I'm a little scared of, I really like him and I think he is the obvious one to get carries, but I could see the Eagles flaunting depth and fucking it up. If they do give him a full or near full load this game against a pretty fucked Redskins team I could see a big game and I doubt he is massively owned as a rookie in a committee week 1 (BTW the Skin's WR1 is Terry McLaurin a rookie who has 0 catches in preseason and the QB is Case Keenum, so I expect Eagles heavy favorites and run the ball a lot). My other Flex is Kerryon. I think this new coach Kingsbury is going to be too focused on offense given this is his first game and he wants to showcase Murray. Dalvin Cook had two carries against the starters and had like 80 yards and a TD. I think Kerryon could have his game of the year against ARI to open. Defense is obvious plays against Bengals without Green and a OL of Andre Smith (Cordy Glenn is hurt), Michael Jordan (a mid round rookie), Trey Hopkins (Billy Price the former first rounder is listed as a backup), John Miller, and Bobby Hart. This line looks super dogshit imo. Andy Dalton isn't a stud, and without a line I'm not confident Joe Mixon can carry the team. Seattle also has Clowney who maybe is motivated like Mack was for his game one post trade and blow it up, especially against the likes of Bobby Hart and Andre Smith. Baltimore is going to destroy Miami for my other defense. They traded for Josh Rosen, then start Fitzpatrick over him. Fitz has thrown 5 INT in a game because he doesn't give a fuck if they are down he will take shots to at least try to come back and gives no fucks what the stat line looks like at the end of the game. They had one offensive good player in Tunsil and traded him. Their line is Julien Davenport (a bad player from a bad Texans OL who has been with the team like a week), Mike Deiter a mid round rookie, Daniel Kilgore a 49ers cast off, Shaq Calhoun, and Jessie Davis (I think he played G for them last year but since they traded both tackles the bad to lower average guard is now RT lol). Then they had Kenny Stills and Albert Wilson, one was traded and the other is hurt. So at WR I guess its Davante Parker who has done nothing and uh... Preston Williams the undrafted rookie who had a decent preseason game and then made mistakes the next? Then there is the hurricane and heat conditions to make them tired and I think Baltimore may absolutely destroy this team. I'm not 100% sold on the pass rushing of the Ravens this year, but Brandon Williams against Kenyan Drake who won't play a full load anyways (he average 7.5 carries a game last year) should reduce run threat a bit, and the secondary of Marlon Humphries, Jimmy Smith, Tony Jefferson and Earl Thomas will man handle any "passing" game out of the equation. I think heat and a absolute shit OL makes a potentially average pass rush look like a god tier one this game especially with any passing options locked down by the top four of their secondary. Julien Davenport was graded a low 50s and Jesse Davis a mid 50s player last year, Calhoun is a UDFA rookie, Kilgore a low 50s grade, and I kinda liked Dieter as a developmental guard but if I remember right he lacked power to start -- this is death for Miami PFF ranked them as the worst OL and then the traded Tunsil lol.
    Last edited by Hulky; 09-05-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Are we doing Pick Em this year? I rejoined the group just in case. First game is tonight, so make your pick if you're playing.

12 team standard scoring league, 2nd year playing fantasy for me

QB Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
    RB Christian McCaffrey, Kerryon Johnson, Matt Breida, Darrell Henderson
    WR Keenan Allen, Cooper Kupp, Tyler Boyd, Dede Westbrook, Michael Gallup, Geronimo Allen, Hunter Renfrow
    TE Evan Engram
    DEF Browns
    K Harrison Butker

I feel pretty good about this. I need to get some depth at TE, and probably another RB, just waiting to see who among the bench receivers I want to dump. Renfrow seems obvious but I want to stash him because I think he'll breakout by the end of the year and might be useful, especially if AB has ongoing issues and Carr needs a slot possession receiver.

Bears looked awful offensively outside of Allen Robinson. They need to feature Montgomery, Mike Davis isn't an answer and Cohen had a bad drop.

Kinda mad about the pickem. I think I just picked all the favorites as stand ins since it seemed like I needed an entry just to join, but I thought I had changed my pick to the packers. I kept saying that Rodgers did it on one leg last year, so they'll win again this year because he has two.

Also KB that team looks pretty good, I don't see any real weakness except yeah, maybe you wanna stash a 5th RB or backup TE.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    12 team standard scoring league, 2nd year playing fantasy for me

QB Deshaun Watson, Kirk Cousins
    RB Christian McCaffrey, Kerryon Johnson, Matt Breida, Darrell Henderson
    WR Keenan Allen, Cooper Kupp, Tyler Boyd, Dede Westbrook, Michael Gallup, Geronimo Allen, Hunter Renfrow
    TE Evan Engram
    DEF Browns
    K Harrison Butker

I feel pretty good about this. I need to get some depth at TE, and probably another RB, just waiting to see who among the bench receivers I want to dump. Renfrow seems obvious but I want to stash him because I think he'll breakout by the end of the year and might be useful, especially if AB has ongoing issues and Carr needs a slot possession receiver.
    I don't even know who half of those people are lol.

Guess I'm out of touch...again.

Thread Information