Page 291 of 492 FirstFirst ... 191241281287288289290291292293294295301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

Been saying he's not elite for a while now. His route running sucks he's just a glorified jump ball guy who's not even that good at that one thing

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

dez caught it
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sdb2e3340.gif]

it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

alfred morris is the cowboys' best offensive weapon after ezekiel elliott, at least until dak gets out of this funk

kinda nuts to think about why the fuck he agreed to be a backup when he could be a starter somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    Been saying he's not elite for a while now. His route running sucks he's just a glorified jump ball guy who's not even that good at that one thing
    Elite no, but I think the latter is a *bit* harsh... I mean I definitely agree it hasn't been what it used to be and he's definitely missing far more balls then he should, but Dez used to be arguably the best jump ball guy and physical catch receiver in the league. I don't think he ever really came fully back from that Jones Fracture. And this year it seems like either Dak or Dez fucks up every time they try to connect. Either Dak just misses the pass or Dez doesn't adjust well for the ball. And I think those things can be blamed on both more than the individual. Dez is probably getting so many random ball placements from Dak that he has no idea what to expect half teh time and that's not good for chemistry.

But I do agree he hasn't looked very good this year, don't get me wrong.

he won me a fantasy championship in my money league and I'll always appreciate that.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    Elite no, but I think the latter is a *bit* harsh... I mean I definitely agree it hasn't been what it used to be and he's definitely missing far more balls then he should, but Dez used to be arguably the best jump ball guy and physical catch receiver in the league. I don't think he ever really came fully back from that Jones Fracture. And this year it seems like either Dak or Dez fucks up every time they try to connect. Either Dak just misses the pass or Dez doesn't adjust well for the ball. And I think those things can be blamed on both more than the individual. Dez is probably getting so many random ball placements from Dak that he has no idea what to expect half teh time and that's not good for chemistry.

But I do agree he hasn't looked very good this year, don't get me wrong.
    agreed, bludz is way too harsh there

before the last game (5/6 for 61 yards and a touchdown)dez was targeted something like 104 times, but only 60 of them were catchable. he caught 53 of them, with 7 drops.

dez ain't the problem

I was watching a Cowboys game recently - I think it was the Chargers game on Thanksgiving because I think Romo was commentating - where the commentators were talking about Dak's fade routes to Dez in the endzone. It makes sense that it was Romo talking, because he was saying how Dez really likes the ball high and outside so he can leap and grab it with his hands above the defender. But every pass they'd analyze Dak was throwing it too far towards the field and too low so that Dez couldn't go up and over to secure the catch. He was having to reach around the defender to try to find the ball and he just couldn't secure them. Last night, you saw Dak throw it way up high and towards the back shoulder and Dez just stopped, jumped, and went up and snagged it for a clean catch.

I think Dak's low rating throwing to Dez has as much to do with his poor ball placement as it does with Dez not being as elite anymore. Dez never got a lot of separation, but he could snag balls that Romo was delivering to him - throwing your receiver open. Dak doesn't do a lot of that, he just tries to throw up a jump ball and hope Dez can outfight then defender for it. That's not going to work as often. I miss the chemistry Dez and Romo had before the back injuries.

You guys all make good points and I won't say Dez isn't talented. I do agree he had better chemistry with Romo.

But he's not playing the way that he was known for for those few years. He definitely used to get more separation on downfield routes, had a better catch rate, and did lots of things better. I'm not really concerned with if it's his injuries or whatever. His name brand at this point RIGHT NOW has a much higher stock than he's actually playing like. So yeah maybe I'm exaggerating how bad he is, but at the same time the announcers still suck his dick like he's great when he's really not. It's kinda like Clay Matthews, who hasn't had a double digit sack season since his like rookie year or something? But the commentators talk about him like he's some top tier player still

Wow big contract for jeffery...

Also Greg hardy is now an MMA fighter. The universe does have a sense of humor. And it's morbid

Thread Information