Page 3 of 492 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: For NFL fans

Sam Bradford is such a douchebag. The guy has made a jillion dollars being mediocre/hurt, and now after being overpaid yet again his agent says he wants to go someplace where he is "the man" because the Eagles will be drafting a QB.
    So after all this Bradford will only be happy if he is named the uncontested, unquestionable starting QB for like the next 5 years guaranteed? Will that make him happy? Because boat loads of money and numerous oppurtunities doesn't seem to. I can't believe that he of all people is bitching about his situation. I think he's a decent player when healthy, but he's not better than that and his health is s huge issue. After 2 blown out knees he's lucky to still be in the league.
    Confirmed bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Sam Bradford is such a douchebag. The guy has made a jillion dollars being mediocre/hurt, and now after being overpaid yet again his agent says he wants to go someplace where he is "the man" because the Eagles will be drafting a QB.
    So after all this Bradford will only be happy if he is named the uncontested, unquestionable starting QB for like the next 5 years guaranteed? Will that make him happy? Because boat loads of money and numerous oppurtunities doesn't seem to. I can't believe that he of all people is bitching about his situation. I think he's a decent player when healthy, but he's not better than that and his health is s huge issue. After 2 blown out knees he's lucky to still be in the league.
    Confirmed bitch.
    Disagree. Players let the teams and league walk all over them all the time. Take as much money and use any sort of leverage you can to make more.
    Bradford signed a contract with the assurance that the team was behind him, and then they go and make Chase Daniel one of the highest paid backups in the league and then leverage their future to move up in the draft for another QB.
    I'd want to bail too. The second he has a bad game/half/drive the philly fan base was gonna turn on him and demand the rookie be made the starter anyway.
    The NFL is making record profits and then expect players to take pay cuts/hometown discounts/whatever and when they don't the media paints them as a bad guy.
    Ryan fitzpatrick just had the best season of any Jets QB since like Joe Namath and they're offering him Chase Daniel money.

I'm prolly biased as an OU fan though. I love sam.

I mean if you think you can start but you aren't starting why wouldn't you want to start? Idk, to me I'd be wanting to be a quarter back not watching a young guy develop.

My point wasn't really about the money, Lex. I mentioned it because he made so fucking much of it, but good for him. He signed a $75 million deal before ever taking a snap in the NFL. Good for him. Philly wants to sign him to another deal and an $11 million bonus after last year's performance? Good for him. I'm not saying he should give a dollar of it back.
    I AM saying he and his agent should shut the fuck up though. Sam Bradford has done NOTHING to earn the trust and loyalty of any team or fan base since he got drafted. He's been decent at times, bad at times, and hurt several times. He's never been great and there's no reason to believe he ever will be.
    Still, he has earned a shot and that's what Philly gave him and continues to give him. The team that drafted him #1 and gave him a bus full of money threw him out. They didn't want him. The Eagles did.
    His money is taken care of. Now he should focus on winning games this year instead of whining about a trade.
    The next couple drafts looks grim for quarterbacks. The Eagles are taking an oppurtunity to grab someone who might be better than anyone on the horizon. Doesn't mean he's getting the ball next year. If Bradford plays well he might never get the ball.
    If Bradford doesn't play well? If he doesn't win? Well...welcome to the fucking NFL. He's gonna get replaced, whether it's Philly or St. Louis or anywhere else.
    The idea of a team that has his back or supports him no matter what, what team is he talking about exactly? One of the teams that outbid Philly when he was a free agent 10 minutes ago? That team doesn't exist.
    He's chasing rainbows, and being a bitch.

being a back-up QB is the dream

no concussions and a shit-load of money

Chase Daniel is killin it right now

Right? Charlie Whitehurst and Matt Flynn have it made. Best job in sports. Flynn's been on 7 teams in 8 years. Everyone knows he's no good but he always finds a job as a backup. I think a big part of it must be personality with these career backups. Of course they can run the drills and learn the offense and stuff, but the ones that hang around forever must also just be good guys. Easy to get along with.
    Says something about how Tim Tebow can't even get a job as backup. It has to. The guy won the Heisman. He won a playoff game. It's weird that he's not holding a clipboard somewhere at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Right? Charlie Whitehurst and Matt Flynn have it made. Best job in sports. Flynn's been on 7 teams in 8 years. Everyone knows he's no good but he always finds a job as a backup. I think a big part of it must be personality with these career backups. Of course they can run the drills and learn the offense and stuff, but the ones that hang around forever must also just be good guys. Easy to get along with.
    Says something about how Tim Tebow can't even get a job as backup. It has to. The guy won the Heisman. He won a playoff game. It's weird that he's not holding a clipboard somewhere at least.
    Flynn was Jamarcus' backup in college too.

Any of you guys doing anything fun tonight for the draft?

Las Vegas Raiders, that would be weird if it actually happened.

Thread Information