Page 324 of 492 FirstFirst ... 224274314320321322323324325326327328334374424 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

Quote Originally Posted by |AFO| View Post
    Duck you, you Midwest mother ducker.
    AFO i quoted wrong post, but oh well. 2 questionable TDs? I'll give you the first one, but the 2nd one where Ertz popped out and he caught it by no means was an incomplete pass. He was clearly a "runner" and the fact collingsworth was going on and on about it being incomplete BAFFLES me. The announcers were so anti Eagles we ended up muting until commercials lol. Overall it was a great game. A few missed calls on both sides, but I don't think they cost either team the game. Both teams defenses played like shit til Graham stepped up for Eagles.

That was the first time in several years that I went to bed happy after a superbowl.

There are lots of "hot takes" around today but for my money this is the best one.

https://deadspin.com/hey-patriots-fu...ace-1822727092

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    AFO i quoted wrong post, but oh well. 2 questionable TDs? I'll give you the first one, but the 2nd one where Ertz popped out and he caught it by no means was an incomplete pass. He was clearly a "runner" and the fact collingsworth was going on and on about it being incomplete BAFFLES me. The announcers were so anti Eagles we ended up muting until commercials lol. Overall it was a great game. A few missed calls on both sides, but I don't think they cost either team the game. Both teams defenses played like shit til Graham stepped up for Eagles.
    Questionable calls in the sense of the current rules, what has been overturned in the past, and that they both had to be reviewed for an extended period of time. I don't think there was enough evidence in either case to overturn the calls. If you read the post again you can see that the point I was making is that the refs are not "Pro-Patriots."

I don't think you can use one game to justify that argument. I think they get more favorable calls than your average team, but I think it's based on expectation (good teams do well), not some paying the refs conspiracy. That's my opinion though - I don't expect to change yours. For what it's worth, I think Green Bay gets the most favorable treatment.

BTW I think the Corey Clement TD had enough evidence to overturn. He had 2 feet in while the ball was moving, and he gained possession just as his right foot left the ground, which never re-established in bounds. Zach Ertz's touchdown was a no-brainer IMO - he already maintained possession of the ball through the catch, so losing control after he crossed the goal line is irrelevant.
    Last edited by bludhoundz; 02-05-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Yeah, the 1rst one was a very close call but I expected it to be overturned. He didn't maintain possession until he was already out of bounds.

2nd one was a clear TD and I'm surprised there could be any controversy about it, I say that as a huge Pats dan.

Hi haters.

Banner by Madamos
    Co-leader of The Dawg Pound - humpin legs since 2004

Banner by Madamos

BTW - fuck the NFL Shop.
    Wanted to get the gf a jersey for the game. Ordered it on Tuesday 1/30. I got her a wentz jersey, they had two different ones available to order. The standard jersey and a "special event item" that was guaranteed to ship by 1/31.

I assumed this meant, they had as many of these in stock as they had online and when they sold out, they would sell the regular jerseys with no guarantee it would get there in time. Makes sense right?
    So I order the special event one AND i paid an extra $20 to have it shipped in 2 business days.
    Thursday comes around, the day I should have maybe received the jersey.. and i have no email even saying it's shipped, I contact support. They say sorry but it's delayed, you should have gotten an email (i didn't). It will now be delivered Saturday with special Saturday delivery. She says to me "we have upgraded your shipping to Saturday shipping at no cost to you" like the bitch is doing me a favor. I said "um, no, you didn't upgrade me to anything. I paid $20 for 2 day shipping, you are shipping it on Thurs to arrive Sat, that's 2 day shipping, which is what I already p aid for.
    The bitch then gets smart with me. She says "The delivery date was upgraded to Saturday by the warehouse, did you not see what I wrote?"
    I kind of just stared at it for a minute.. I reminded her that I was a paying customer and not to get smart with me. Ship my jersey as promised and refund my shipping costs. She did and I exited the chat.
    Friday comes, still no email for shipping. I figure I pissed off the wrong little fuck face at NFL shop and they fucked with my order. So I call this time and talk to a nice woman who says yes, its still shipping out guaranteed Saturday. Night comes, nothing, I call again, get promised its coming.
    Saturday comes and goes, no jersey. Sunday comes and goes, no email. Eagles win the super bowl.
    Monday morning.. I get an email from NFL SHOP letting me know that my order will be delayed.
    Called there today, got my refund, told them I would never spend money there again, birdgang, exited chat.

End of the world? No. Horrible business? Yep. Fuck em.

Banner by Madamos

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

i agree - fuck the nflshop

i went there today and it was all eagles on the front page, exited the chat.
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sdb2e3340.gif]

it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

i lov eyou bdog

Banner by Madamos

Thread Information