Page 419 of 492 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429469 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Oh definitely. I’d say the evolution of football in the last 20 is just as dramatic as MMA, and I can’t think of another sport even in the conversation. It’s totally different.
    If you look at the top 20 all time passing yards in a season, 19 of them have happened since 2011. Dan Marino somehow passed for 5,000 yards in 1984 but nobody did it again for almost 30 years. 2 QBs did it last year, and a 3rd was less than 100 yards short.
    So yeah, football isn’t the clawing and scratching for every inch game it once was, and what I think rugby still largely is. I know rugby has evolved too but doesn’t have the air attack stuff that the NFL has pretty much built their whole model around now. Running backs used to be the stars of the league and not that long ago. Not anymore.
    And yes I do get whet you’re saying. If they actually took all pads and helmets out of football but continued to play, the game and players would adjust and ultimately it would be safer and there would be fewer traumatic injuries I’m sure.
    And the league would probably have like 6 teams and they’d show the games at 10pm on Tuesday nights after reruns of Walker Texas Ranger.
    Oh yeah I totally agree with that. Nobody would watch it, it wouldn't even be the same sport. It'd be unrecognizable. I just think they're right, it would probably be much safer.

Like I said, I was in medic school when Junior killed himself and asked them to donate his brain to science for CTE research. The NFL definitely fucked up in a PR sense denying it was a thing, I don't think that's even debatable. It was like how the military denied PTSD existed for decades. Now they're scrambling to to engineer better helmets, etc.

Now I don't think they should try to stop making safer gear. We agree the game would be safer with no padding but that's obviously never going to happen. And they should absolutely continue to make better helmets and whatnot. In my opinion though, what they should do is work on educating new players.

You're going onto a field with extremely athletic, freakish men who are going to literally run into you as fast as you can. You're young and right out of college and probably not that mature (not exactly what I would say to them). We want to make sure that you understand you could get significant brain damage.

That's what you're signing up for. Like I said, it'd be like if I went into the military and was like "we need to make getting shot safer." Or if like when I was a fighter competitively and was like "we need to find a better way to get punched in the head." I'd say the best thing to do would be to educate kids as soon as they get into football, just like when I got into fighting, on exactly what they're signing up for. If you want to do it, cool. But you're going to take a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    Insanely poor kick at the end, but props to that kicker for the late lead, then late tie kicks from ~45 out to get to OT in the first place. When Russ threw that OT INT I thought it was going to the house, then that poor kick. Then the stop of the Seattle O and a punt and the 49ers should have run at least a run play. The Seahawks had no TO and if you run the clock even a bit it almost eliminates a Seattle chance at a victory completely (surely 8-0-1 makes losing the division race to Seattle a pain). Now it's 8-1 to 8-2 I think right? Jimmy throwing those two shitty passes to the reserve TE instead of even eating a sack and killing time was oof to me, but maybe I'm wrong.
    Yeah, I didn't understand the three passes. Playing for a tie is a reasonable outcome at that point.

Pretty sure I told Hugh last week that Seattle was going to win.

I hate being right sometimes.

I love it when you’re right, TC.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

excellent game last night

worth it to stay up

congrats on the W, Hugh. Wilson for mvp
    Last edited by bludhoundz; 11-12-2019 at 09:40 PM.

All the shit that's coming out about what's his face who came here and left because he was a creep that's coming out is hilarious. The news has been nuts. Dude was a grade A psycho.

So annoying they flexed Seahawks/Eagles out of SNF. Is the SF/GB game really going to have that BETTER of ratings?

Quote Originally Posted by Greendaybum5 View Post
    So annoying they flexed Seahawks/Eagles out of SNF. Is the SF/GB game really going to have that BETTER of ratings?
    Right. I mean it’s not like they’re flexing out Bengals/Dolphins. Seahawks/Eagles is a hell of a matchup. Both teams fighting for their division. Two great QBs. Of course I’m biased but it’s still true. Whatever.
    GB/SF might get better ratings I guess but every NFL fan was going to watch the other game too.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Right. I mean it’s not like they’re flexing out Bengals/Dolphins. Seahawks/Eagles is a hell of a matchup. Both teams fighting for their division. Two great QBs. Of course I’m biased but it’s still true. Whatever.
    GB/SF might get better ratings I guess but every NFL fan was going to watch the other game too.
    i'd rather see seahawks eagles

49ers are going to stomp the packers
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sdb2e3340.gif]

it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

David Carr just released an article that is teams that don't yet have their 2020 QB.

He listed the following teams: Panthers, Bears, Bengals, Dolphins, Buccaneers

Does that imply Tannehill gets a year with the Titans? That seems wrong to me, like maybe a year as a bridge Qb but surely they take a QB right? Also Winston gets a second chance somewhere I'd think. Also implies Brady doesn't retire. Baker Mayfield low key has been one of the worst QBs this year, but last years hype probably carries him to a third year.

Going to be a crazy offseason like the new QB for Bears, Panthers, potentially Buccs, and Titans could be a good team. Patriots gotta think future QB which pushes the round 2/3 QBs to mid firsts prolly as you can't really wait.

Thread Information