Page 72 of 492 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172 ... LastLast

Thread: For NFL fans

Mantis regarding Zeke vs Gurley just wanted to pick out a few things (I haven't watched enough of either to have a real opinion).

The Cowboys O Line isn't just good. It isnt just the best in the league. It is the best in the league by a considerable margin. Really. Watch them play and tell me Zeke doesn't consistently have nice holes and Dak doesn't have all day to survey the field. There really is no team with a group that rivals this one.

The 130+ rush yards per game is a really random stat. When I say random stat I mean that it really isn't a standard stat we talk about. # of 100 yard games someone has in a season is a stat I would consider not random.

The problem with random stats is that they don't tell the full story. They are tailor made for that specific player to make the feat sound more impressive. The fact that they used 130+ instead of 125+ indicates that maybe another rookie has had 4 games of 125+ in a row before (hint: it was Gurley, and he managed 128+ actually). This means that this "never before done feat" is really just slightly better than what someone else has already done, but packaged to make it sound like it's unbelievable. The four game streak is a bit arbitrary too - best measurements are by season or by game.

The NFL announcers and data people tend to throw out a lot of these stats. They used one for Odell too - most games in a row with 90+ yards for a rookie. 90 is arbitrary, used only so that the stat applies to him and disqualifies someone else who did something very similar. I bet you would all be scratching your heads if they used 88+ as the qualifier.

Ultimately I have no stake in this debate about young RBs, but I wanted to qualify some of the statements being made.
    Last edited by bludhoundz; 10-17-2016 at 02:21 PM.

While we all know Bdog is stubborn, delusional and clueless when it comes to Tony Romo, I'm making it pretty hard for him to accept the truth and admit he's wrong, even if it's actually starting to sink in. I admit that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Is anyone watching the Packers game? What's up with Aaron Rodgers this year?

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    While we all know Bdog is stubborn, delusional and clueless when it comes to Tony Romo, I'm making it pretty hard for him to accept the truth and admit he's wrong, even if it's actually starting to sink in. I admit that.
    you know nothing, hugh junit
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sdb2e3340.gif]

it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Do you even watch your team play?

https://streamable.com/z3vx

Someone could have stabbed burfict and I would have called it justified. The dude is easily the dirtiest defender in the league.
    If you could read, I said I saw him do it one time, and that was the one time I saw it. The clip cuts out, but the announcer says "I don't think he meant to go low, he was falling." I'm not sure if I believe that or not, but Gypsy said he was going low all game and that was the only time I saw him going low.
    Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    Mantis regarding Zeke vs Gurley just wanted to pick out a few things (I haven't watched enough of either to have a real opinion).

The Cowboys O Line isn't just good. It isnt just the best in the league. It is the best in the league by a considerable margin. Really. Watch them play and tell me Zeke doesn't consistently have nice holes and Dak doesn't have all day to survey the field. There really is no team with a group that rivals this one.

The 130+ rush yards per game is a really random stat. When I say random stat I mean that it really isn't a standard stat we talk about. # of 100 yard games someone has in a season is a stat I would consider not random.

The problem with random stats is that they don't tell the full story. They are tailor made for that specific player to make the feat sound more impressive. The fact that they used 130+ instead of 125+ indicates that maybe another rookie has had 4 games of 125+ in a row before (hint: it was Gurley, and he managed 128+ actually). This means that this "never before done feat" is really just slightly better than what someone else has already done, but packaged to make it sound like it's unbelievable. The four game streak is a bit arbitrary too - best measurements are by season or by game.

The NFL announcers and data people tend to throw out a lot of these stats. They used one for Odell too - most games in a row with 90+ yards for a rookie. 90 is arbitrary, used only so that the stat applies to him and disqualifies someone else who did something very similar. I bet you would all be scratching your heads if they used 88+ as the qualifier.

Ultimately I have no stake in this debate about young RBs, but I wanted to qualify some of the statements being made.
    It was definitely a random stat, but I don't see how that makes it less impressive. I think the more impressive thing is running for 150+ yards against a team that gives up less than 50 a game (which is equally impressive of the GB defense and I almost couldn't believe at first).

The randomness does make it less impressive because the "it's never been done before" with regards to it can be said about so many random stats. The actual statistic itself is pretty good, though. The tape is more impressive than the numbers if you ask me though

Also Packers D #s were really inflated and it was easy to see if you watched the teams they played before the Cowboys. I expected him to go over 100 but I'll admit I didn't expect 6ypc

Jets are getting fucked on PI calls. Ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Someone ban mantis from all football related threads. It is getting out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    If you could read, I said I saw him do it one time, and that was the one time I saw it. The clip cuts out, but the announcer says "I don't think he meant to go low, he was falling." I'm not sure if I believe that or not, but Gypsy said he was going low all game and that was the only time I saw him going low.
    https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/788157960010825728

Would you just accept the dude is an undeniable sack of shit..

WHO NEEDS A LOVE LIFE WHEN THE JETS FUCK ME EVERY WEEK?! AMIRYTE GUYS?!

/sigh

Thread Information