Page 179 of 492 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    They aren't the underdogs. They have more experience and a more well rounded team. They have a pretty good defense, and a very good offense. Falcons have a ridiculous offense and a defense thats certainly below average. The mismatch is Pats O vs Falcons D -- Falcons insane offense has to make up for that mismatch by continuing to play out of their minds and rolling over a very competent Pats D if they want to win.
    You're looking at it from a very conventional viewpoint. I don't care about the reputations of the teams. I care about how they're currently playing. They were both on fire yesterday. Falcons looked godly.

If you care about how they're currently playing, then my analysis still makes sense because I was looking at how they are currently playing. I did toss in experience in there and sometimes it's a factor sometimes it isn't. I think it'll be a factor somewhat, just going through the whole Superbowl media week and the extra week off. But that was a very small part of my post anyway. Both teams have looked good, and both teams have won handily in their only 2 playoff games. That said, the Patriots defense is more capable than the Falcons, and they've been playing like it. The Falcons D is reliant moreso on their crazy offense to give them a lead to protect. The Pats D I think could provide body blows in a lower scoring slugfest (or the more likely scenario, come up with stops if they fall behind in the score). Do I think the SB will be low scoring? No, but I think their defense has more capability to make plays. I do think Atlanta possesses a better offense, but the gap isn't all that huge. In a heavyweight offensive showdown, I'll give odds to the team with a better defense
    Last edited by bludhoundz; 01-23-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    Hate the pats so much lol. Annoying. Really hope the falcons can win, they certainly looked like they have a chance.
    Every not Pats fan needs to be saying this for the next two weeks. I fear it won't matter. Pats win by 13

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    Patriots seem to be the underdogs, imo. Falcons be thirsty. Patriots are thirsty, too, but I'm not sure they're as thirsty.
    Lol no. I'm taking the Pats by double digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Gyps View Post
    Lol no. I'm taking the Pats by double digits.
    NC State beating Dook and now this? What has the world come to??

People think the Patroits defense is pretty solid but they've played like negative four teams this year that have any kind of functioning offense. The teams they've faced in the playoffs haven't been offensive juggernauts either, and before you choo-choo on the Steeler's train keep in mind they literally could not score a touchdown for basically two games.

The patroits and falcons defense wash. The biggest thing is Tom Brady vs. Matt Ryan/Julio DAH GOD Jones.

Plus it's a dome game which means Matt Ryan is immune to sucking.

True. Atlanta playing in a dome changes a lot of shit.

I think Atlanta will win a shootout because they'll want it more. Late turnover will decide it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I think Atlanta will win a shootout because they'll want it more. Late turnover will decide it.
    Saying one team will "want it more" when they're both playing for a Superbowl is ridiculously dumb.

You can't question the Patriots want or will to win. That's for other teams. They're trying to do something that's never been done. They're doing it. Nobody ever wants to win more than the Patriots. They'll always do anything to win. We all know that.
    Atlanta might be good enough to beat them, though. I think it's gonna be a really great game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Atlanta blows New England out Seattle v. Denver style.

Thread Information