Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
I more or leess feel the same. I just didn't want to completely talk out of task about a Defense that I knew less about than others on this board^^

Bears have personnel to win at every level. Hicks and Goldman are huge and should help erase the run a the first level. Hicks is a run mauler with 7+ sacks. Goldman a quality NT. Linebackers have a shot to be A to A+ level. Floyd has flashed All-Pro when healthy. Smith is a freak. Trevathan is very solid... Mack. Pass rush was the question prior to trade (inj. Floyd, Lynch, I. Irving, Fangio's Scheme). Not anymore.

The big question is how good hte secondary is. Last year it was REALLY good. Fuller was a clear #1 CB. Not elite like Jalen Ramsey or anything, but one of the 10-15ish best CBs. Amukamara does not get INTs but he also doesn't get picked on. Adrian Amos was a PFF All-Pro and graded second highest to Harrison Smith. Eddie Jackson was an explosive rookie. Bryce Callahan is a quality Nickel-CB.

If the Secondary, who's oldest players are 5th year players (and Amu I suppose, but Fuller and Amos are the big ones), can repeat last year performance wise it's going to be a top 5 to top 3 defense, barring health.

And a lot of that confidence of course comes from Fangio. Fangio is an excellent DC. Excellent DC's get play makers away from blocks so they can have free reign. Fangio is excellent at that, and with Goldman and Hicks he has two great playres at the first level to help him out as well. He's consistently put Bowman, WIllis, Aldon Smith... etc. in the right spots. I think Fangio will keep everyone in the right spots.
Too bad you have trubisky in a division with 2 top 5 qbs and Stafford