Page 345 of 492 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    I more or leess feel the same. I just didn't want to completely talk out of task about a Defense that I knew less about than others on this board^^

Bears have personnel to win at every level. Hicks and Goldman are huge and should help erase the run a the first level. Hicks is a run mauler with 7+ sacks. Goldman a quality NT. Linebackers have a shot to be A to A+ level. Floyd has flashed All-Pro when healthy. Smith is a freak. Trevathan is very solid... Mack. Pass rush was the question prior to trade (inj. Floyd, Lynch, I. Irving, Fangio's Scheme). Not anymore.

The big question is how good hte secondary is. Last year it was REALLY good. Fuller was a clear #1 CB. Not elite like Jalen Ramsey or anything, but one of the 10-15ish best CBs. Amukamara does not get INTs but he also doesn't get picked on. Adrian Amos was a PFF All-Pro and graded second highest to Harrison Smith. Eddie Jackson was an explosive rookie. Bryce Callahan is a quality Nickel-CB.

If the Secondary, who's oldest players are 5th year players (and Amu I suppose, but Fuller and Amos are the big ones), can repeat last year performance wise it's going to be a top 5 to top 3 defense, barring health.

And a lot of that confidence of course comes from Fangio. Fangio is an excellent DC. Excellent DC's get play makers away from blocks so they can have free reign. Fangio is excellent at that, and with Goldman and Hicks he has two great playres at the first level to help him out as well. He's consistently put Bowman, WIllis, Aldon Smith... etc. in the right spots. I think Fangio will keep everyone in the right spots.
    Too bad you have trubisky in a division with 2 top 5 qbs and Stafford

Quote Originally Posted by bdog1321 View Post
    Too bad you have trubisky in a division with 2 top 5 qbs and Stafford
    I mean yeah. But we’ll see how bad that is 16 games from now, and the Vikings are the only team in the North that I think can survive key injuries.

Kirk Cousins top 5 wat

Also Minnesota's o line is lookin suspect as fuck. Mack gonna feed.

Brady Rodgers Brees Wilson and (Cousins?)

Prolly closer to 10 but 5 isn't thatttttt far out. There's a significant drop from 4 to 5 regardless though.I think 5- to maybe like 15 are all kinda close.

Ben and Rivers are certainly better. Matt Ryan and Stafford are on the same level at worst. I agree that there are certainly arguments to be made in the 6-10 range though

Quote Originally Posted by bdog1321 View Post
    i think "certainly" is uncertain at best. after this season people will be talking about kirk cousins a lot differently
    I agree. I wouldn’t call him top 5 right now ( most lists I’ve seen have him ranked around 12-14 ) but I believe he’s going to be great in Minnesota. He’ll be ranked a lot higher next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

One great year from Cousins won't put him above Rivers for me.

O Line is so important for a team, and Minnesota's doesn't look great. If Elflein is fully healthy that'll help. They have a fantastic roster outside of that, but managed to stay extremely healthy (on defense) last year which is unlikely to repeat. I would bet money against them making it back to the NFC Championship game. EDIT: Granted this point is kinda unrelated to the QB tier, but just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by bludhoundz; 09-04-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    One great year from Cousins won't put him above Rivers for me.

O Line is so important for a team, and Minnesota's doesn't look great. If Elflein is fully healthy that'll help. They have a fantastic roster outside of that, but managed to stay extremely healthy last year which is unlikely to repeat. I would bet money against them making it back to the NFC Championship game. EDIT: Granted this point is kinda unrelated to the QB tier, but just my 2 cents.
    what? they lost bradford and dalvin cook like instantly last year -- starting QB and RB

my bad i meant on defense. i do think diggs missed a few games too so yeah their offense wasn't extremely healthy

Thread Information