Page 425 of 429 FirstFirst ... 325375415421422423424425426427428429 LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,250 of 4285

Thread: For NFL fans

Well obviously Lamar is a freak and a special player but there have been other college QBs with similar skill sets who weren’t given a chance to play QB in the NFL because nobody thought they could, or it wasn’t sustainable or realistic or whatever reason they gave. Lamar had to lobby pretty hard to remain a QB from what I heard and refused to run the 40 yard dash and participate in other drills at the combine, probably because he would have run like a 4.3 and everyone would have screamed “RUNNING BACK!!”
    But the questions like “What if he gets hurt?” and “Can he do this at 32?” are starting to sound stupid. If he gets hurt he gets hurt, like any QB or player in the league period. Maybe he’s at a higher risk because of his playstyle but he might be at an even higher risk if he was forced to play the position differently than what comes natural.
    As far as how long he can do this, I don’t know if Lamar can do this in his thirties, but I know he can do it in his twenties. He’s doing it right now, and the front runner to win the SB right now. And that’s what’s it’s all about. Think the Colts were thinking about Andrew Luck in his thirties? I bet they were, but he retired before he even got there. Nothing is for certain.
    Nothing except the fact that Lamar is dominating the league right now, and proving to teams and hopeful future QBs that there’s not just one way to play the position. He’s doing it his way and blazing a trail and it’s awesome to watch.
    And John Harbaugh is my favorite coach outside of Seattle. Jim is a weirdo and a prick but John is clearly the cool brother.
    Last edited by Hugh; 11-28-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by max2k106 View Post
    Memes?!?!?!?1 Does she even know who she's talking to? That's like asking Ach if he knows about butt stuff.

Troy Aikman had 165 TD and 141 INTs for 32, 942 yds over 12 NFL seasons. He completed 61.5% of his passes and had a career 81.6 passer rating. And that’s with the best offensive line in history, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin.
    Those are not Hall of Fame stats. I know the game has changed dramatically but Aikman is extremely lucky to have been on one of if not the greatest team in history. He wasn’t that good.
    Memes?!?!?!?1 Does she even know who she's talking to? That's like asking Ach if he knows about butt stuff.

Niners are 10-1...someone pinch me. Super stoked for Niners vs Ravens game on Sunday - hope it’s a close one.

Who was that 1 loss to, TO?
    Oh I remember!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Troy Aikman had 165 TD and 141 INTs for 32, 942 yds over 12 NFL seasons. He completed 61.5% of his passes and had a career 81.6 passer rating. And that’s with the best offensive line in history, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin.
    Those are not Hall of Fame stats. I know the game has changed dramatically but Aikman is extremely lucky to have been on one of if not the greatest team in history. He wasn’t that good.
    I used to play poker with Larry Allen (he played guard on some of those mid 90s teams).

Compare Troy Aikman with fellow HOFer Jim Kelly and it makes sense though. Jim Kelly had Thurman Thomas and 4 SB loses with 11 years 35467 yards 60.1% 237 TD 175 INT compared to Troy Aikman who had 12 years (but an exceptionally shitty winless rookie year) 3 SB wins (two against Jim Kelly) 32942 yards 61.5% 165 TD 141 INT.

Pretty similar careers.

Winning in an era featuring Joe Montana/Steve Young, Dan Marino, John Elway, Jim Kelly, Brett Favre counts a little extra I think. Like Eli is going to get massive bonus points for beating Brady twice when the rest of his career has a lot of "yeah okay" stats.

Yeah I know who Larry Allen is. Lol. Probably the greatest guard ever and one of the strongest human beings to ever live.
    You played poker with him? Like regularly? That’s awesome.
    How and why?

Is Garrett getting fired, bdog?

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

if he's not getting fired, he's getting murdered. booking my flight to dallas now
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc269/bdog1321/doctorwho3_zpsdb2e3340.gif]

[broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc269/bdog1321/zombiebar3.png]
    it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

Sometimes QBs get old overnight. Seems like tonight is that night for Matt Ryan. All of a sudden he looks like an old man out there. Might be the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Who was that 1 loss to, TO?
    Oh I remember!!
    I look forward to watching the rematch in Seattle when the Niners play with their full offensive arsenal - Kittle’s gonna be a game changer.

Thread Information