Page 174 of 492 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    I think he meant against Dallas.
    Nope. Context.

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    One thing that I've noticed about the league lately and this isn't a direct shot at any team but it's something that annoys me. When a specific unit on a team gains a reputation, the refs kinda start to go along with it. To avoid the idea of bias here's an example. The Giants secondary got a reputation for being really good at coverage, and so they got away with some penalties in the secondary. I've noticed this happens a ton with offensive lines and holding too - if they're known as a poor line, holding gets called more, and good lines get away with it more. So it's like the reputation compounds with the referee calls which is kind of stupid. I can name a ton of examples but it's pretty much league-wide and I don't see one offender that stands out more than others
    I'm sure it happens in every sport. I notice it a lot in basketball. Lebron James is a good example.

Quote Originally Posted by KBHoleN1 View Post
    Man, Antonio Brown is not a smart fellow. He livestreamed the postgame locker room on Facebook, including Mike Tomlin's speech about getting ready for the Patriots and how he wanted everyone to keep a low profile this week and stay off of social media, so as not to rile up the Pats. Several times the comment was made that this week needed to be focused on the team and their preparations, and to avoid causing outside distractions. And the dude was livestreaming it on FB. What?
    Not a good move. Patriots are psychological af.

If Garrett calls a timeout on the last drive instead of having Dak spike the ball, the game at least goes to OT (assuming Bailey still makes the kick). Cowboys wasted 15 seconds running up to spike the ball and waste a down, and they weren't even in field goal range at the time. The next play was the 7-yarder where Beasley got out of bounds. Could have been 2nd and 3 with almost a minute on the clock. Then you have 2 plays to pick up 3 yards for a first down, and you get another set of downs to get closer/throw for the endzone AND run the clock out. We spiked the ball to save the timeout (that didn't prove useful), screwed ourselves out of a down, and left 35 seconds on the clock (plus 2 GB timeouts) for the game-winning drive.

And I know there's an element of hindsight to critiquing clock management, but in the moment when we completed the pass to Witten I was yelling timeout at the TV, and I posted about my dislike of the decision directly after that drive.

I don't really blame Garrett. I get the reasoning and if had led to a TD we aren't talking about it. We lost to Aaron freaking Rodgers on one of the most incredible throws and catches I've ever seen in a clutch situation. On top of that, Mason Crosby hit 3 FGs over 50 yards (one was a freeze kick) which is also pretty dam good for a kicker.

It was a great game and we just happened to come up short.

As long as the Steelers don't win the Superbowl I'm a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    As long as the Steelers don't win the Superbowl I'm a happy camper.
    As long as the 49'......ahahahahahaha Don't have to worry about that for a few years

@Cliche what happens if the steelers leaked that shit on purpose to distract the pats players and make them think they're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by The One View Post
    As long as the Pats don't win the Superbowl I'm a happy camper.
    Fixed it for ya.

Here is a question. What if the Pats were in the NFC? Does Brady still become Brady? Do they win all the SB's they did?

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer 555 View Post
    @Cliche what happens if the steelers leaked that shit on purpose to distract the pats players and make them think they're stupid.
    This sounds like some Trumpean conspiracy theory shit. Is this really how your brain works?

loljk bro. kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by rainblade View Post
    This sounds like some Trumpean conspiracy theory shit. Is this really how your brain works?

loljk bro. kinda.
    Lmfao dude, I can't tell if you can't tell that I was joking. -_-

Thread Information