Page 423 of 492 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427433473 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

Yes. I heard somewhere Goff is like the worst starting QB in the league off play action and also the worst ( or one of the worst ) against man coverage this season. He has more INTs than TDs this year. Lots of yards but lots of them are garbage time.
    Obviously Goff can operate very well in a specific system and when things are going well, but when you’re talking NFL starting QBs who can’t?
    Russell Wilson plays well with a run game or without. With a decent line or without. With a great defense ( which he’s mostly had ) or a suspect one, like this year. His numbers are consistent every year, and he’s piled up more wins in his first 8 years than any QB ever. Ever.
    That’s me on my soap box for Russell Wilson. I’ve been critical of him at times, mostly because I haven’t always understood what I was watching, but he truly is great. Incredible really.
    But Lamar is the MVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

Yeah it's becoming clear dak is the best qb from the 2016 draft

So moral of the story is once you lose to Pats in the SB, you are fucked for awhile.

God damn I hate them so much.

CMC has to be up there in mvp race tho

Quote Originally Posted by bdog1321 View Post
    Yeah it's becoming clear dak is the best qb from the 2016 draft
    I agree. I’d take Dak over Wentz or Goff no question. I’d take Dak over most QBs for that matter.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

I still stand by what I said about Zeke over Dak at the start of the year. I stand by it in the sense that, to that point, Dak hadn't showed me that he was gonna lead by example and put the team on his back. He was usually efficient and didn't have a lot of turnovers (which I still partially attribute to having a good o line), but when Zeke was out the splits were pretty serious. But now he looks like the most important player on the team and they should pay him whatever

Hey the offense that everyone told me was a gimmick when RG3 was tearing up the league in 2012 is tearing up the league in 2019. It's almost like its core concept is about forcing the defense to play in a way that heavily shifts the balance of power toward the offense.

It's simple math. On a conventional run play the QB does nothing but hand the ball over so it's 10 players on offense against 11 players on defense. When a team regularly uses the read option the QB is actually involved in the play which turns it into an 11v11 if they keep the ball or a 10v10 if they don't.

Because of the breakout year the pistol option based offenses had in 2012 teams have learned the optimal way to attack the mesh point on these plays. But even when executed flawlessly this doesn't really turn the play back into a 10v11. It's more like a 10.5v11.

The key of course is that for the offense to work you need a freak at QB and a RB who is exceptionally skilled at inside runs. The thing that makes the Ravens so scary is that Jackson makes 2012 RG3 look like just a guy. He's significantly faster but more importantly the way he can juke and spin and make people miss is like something out of a sports anime. I've never seen someone stop on a dime and then accelerate to full speed in a different direction the way he does.

I think Jackson will prove that this offense is not a gimmick and can have long term success because his vision and awareness is so much better than RG3's was. I don't see him taking a devastating hit because he always sees where the contact is coming from and protects himself. (Of course when this topic comes up it needs to be said that both devastating hits that derailed RG3's career came on passing plays)

Well obviously Lamar is a freak and a special player but there have been other college QBs with similar skill sets who weren’t given a chance to play QB in the NFL because nobody thought they could, or it wasn’t sustainable or realistic or whatever reason they gave. Lamar had to lobby pretty hard to remain a QB from what I heard and refused to run the 40 yard dash and participate in other drills at the combine, probably because he would have run like a 4.3 and everyone would have screamed “RUNNING BACK!!”
    But the questions like “What if he gets hurt?” and “Can he do this at 32?” are starting to sound stupid. If he gets hurt he gets hurt, like any QB or player in the league period. Maybe he’s at a higher risk because of his playstyle but he might be at an even higher risk if he was forced to play the position differently than what comes natural.
    As far as how long he can do this, I don’t know if Lamar can do this in his thirties, but I know he can do it in his twenties. He’s doing it right now, and the front runner to win the SB right now. And that’s what’s it’s all about. Think the Colts were thinking about Andrew Luck in his thirties? I bet they were, but he retired before he even got there. Nothing is for certain.
    Nothing except the fact that Lamar is dominating the league right now, and proving to teams and hopeful future QBs that there’s not just one way to play the position. He’s doing it his way and blazing a trail and it’s awesome to watch.
    And John Harbaugh is my favorite coach outside of Seattle. Jim is a weirdo and a prick but John is clearly the cool brother.
    Last edited by Hugh; 11-28-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Troy Aikman had 165 TD and 141 INTs for 32, 942 yds over 12 NFL seasons. He completed 61.5% of his passes and had a career 81.6 passer rating. And that’s with the best offensive line in history, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin.
    Those are not Hall of Fame stats. I know the game has changed dramatically but Aikman is extremely lucky to have been on one of if not the greatest team in history. He wasn’t that good.

Niners are 10-1...someone pinch me. Super stoked for Niners vs Ravens game on Sunday - hope it’s a close one.

Thread Information