Page 409 of 492 FirstFirst ... 309359399405406407408409410411412413419459 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

Hugh speaking the truth here.

I think that is one reason why the win in the playoffs so easily. They don't really have to try too hard during the regular season so they are more "fresh" than other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    Thanks, Ach. For the record it never bothered me enough to actually bring it up but it’s way easier to hear shit talk from a fan than from someone who admits he doesn’t care at all about it. That’s just me though.
    To me, if you were a hardcore Pats fan in here saying “Fuck you losers! Pats are the best EVAAAAHHH!!!” every weekend I’d be like “Well, he’s right. Fuck em but he’s right. I’d be saying the same thing if my team won 6 Superbowls”
    But when you’re like “If the Pats have another championship parade and I have to sit through this again, I swear to God! You guys better get your shit together because I can’t handle another Super Bowl.”
    It’s like nails on a chalkboard. It’s worse than bragging. Way worse. But whatever. It’s all in fun. Thanks for taking it well.
    That's actually kind of interesting to me because Boston fans are so hardcore.

I'm super interested honestly - is it because if I was a sports fan I'd have it made? Not just football, we've been dominant across all four sports but mostly football and baseball obviously. It bothers my dad immensely that I just let this all pass me by because he's a huge sports fan and I honestly couldn't give two shits about any of it. It's like a huge bummer to most of my family because through all the World Series, Superbowls, Stanley Cups, etc, I don't show up and just do my own thing.

I'm asking sincerely just because it pisses my family off so much. That's what I always figured but I guess I could be wrong.

Jets had a couple good years at the start of the Sanchez era, and Dolphins had one good one with Chad Pennington. Pretty fucking sad those would almost assuredly be the three best teams in the Brady era for a rival. Peyton Manning and Steelers/Ravens were the only AFC contenders in the era too.

If you are thinking surely someone else in the AFC in the Brady era... it's the Raiders... that's how long ago.

No. No way. They haven’t had a legit division rival during Brady’s entire career. They basically have a ticket to the playoffs punched before the season starts every year, and usually a bye. And I’m not saying they aren’t great because they are, but the advantage of playing in the dumpster fire of the AFC East can’t be overstated.
    If the Packers, Saints, Seahawks, Panthers, Falcons or any other solid franchise with a real franchise QB had been in the AFC East all this time with Brady, I don’t think the story is even close. They’d have rings but probably half as many.
    I still think overall, the AFC south has been just as bad, if not worse.

Ach, are you asking why it bothers your family that something they all love, connect over and share together is something you don’t a give a shit about? Well, maybe they want to share it with you too?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Ach, are you asking why it bothers your family that something they all love, connect over and share together is something you don’t a give a shit about? Well, maybe they want to share it with you too?
    I don't think so? I think I'm asking that if it's annoying that if I were a sports fan I'd be spoiled as fuck the last two decades and if that's annoying. Like I'm guessing if you were from here and were a Boston fan across all four sports you'd be pumped. I think that's what pisses people off. Because like I said, if I were a sports fan I could talk endless shit so I'm (genuinely) asking if it's annoying that I have zero appreciation for what's happened here since around 2000.

Again, it’s something other people are passionate about. If you want people to respect the fact that you don’t care about it, you need to respect the fact that they do. It’s that simple.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

That makes sense. Thank you for being cool about it Hugh. I feel kind of dumb for not being more self aware about it. I appreciate you not being a dick. I apologize if I was annoying.

Any time, Ach, and don’t sweat it. We can just be honest with each other about shit like this, which is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I still think overall, the AFC south has been just as bad, if not worse.
    That’s a good point and you might be right. At least the South has produced a couple of franchise QBs besides Manning in Indy over the last 2 decades. Not many but a couple.
    That’s more than none.

Thread Information