Page 408 of 492 FirstFirst ... 308358398404405406407408409410411412418458 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

I can't believe Goff is getting over 100mil and couldn't put up 100 yards against the 49ers

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

suicide watch
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sdb2e3340.gif]

it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

The Niners and Seahawks will be battling for the NFC West again, as it should be.
    Congrats on the fast turnaround, TO.
    Cowboys have a clear, unobstructed path to the playoffs with no legit team divisional opponent to contend with and they’re shitting the sheets. Unreal.
    If Jason Garrett survives this I’ll be stunned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Haha fuck the cowboys. I stand by Dak being league average and not deserving $30 mil per year. He goes back to being nobody without Amari Cooper. Zeke is the one who deserved to be paid and rightfully so.

I think Philly still has a chance to right the ship and fight for the division title, but I don't see them as a true contender -- Dallas is more talented.

Niners are definitely real, I think their main weakness is can they play catch up? They play good defense and have good ball control offense, but I don't think they're built to come from behind. Only time will tell on that one, I guess.

In another grab-bag note, I think the Chiefs are slightly broken. Ever since they lost Hunt last year, their run game has been much worse. The loss of balance means defenses can play them differently. Plus they can't stop the run, as Indy and Houston have proved in back-to-back weeks.

5-0 baby let’s go!! 49ers have finally turned a new leaf since Harbaugh’s departure. Lynch and Shanahan have all the pieces needed in place for a legitimate deep playoffs run. Kittle proving he’s an elite TE and Jimmy G doing his thing. The defense looks godly this year. Once the OLine gets Staley, McGlinchey, and Juice back, watch out.

Hugh, I have Monday 11/11 highlighted as one of the best matchups this season. Can’t fucking wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bludhoundz View Post
    I get Lex's response to this being inappropriate, but I'm pretty sick of seeing you post comments like this. Please understand that bitching about your sports teams winning too often may not come across well, even if you legitimately don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    It is kind of a dick slap to those of us who are actually passionate about football and our teams. I agree.
    I mean I’m a big boy and I can take it, and it would be totally different if you were a Pats fan rubbing our noses in it because the Pats are the best and we can’t argue it. That’s what sports rivalry is all about.
    But us knowing you don’t give a shit about football, and you knowing we do, and saying you’re sick of these championship parades fucking up your commute and telling the rest of us to get our shit together...Lol. Come on, Ach.
    I'm a big boy too. Fair enough, point taken. I genuinely didn't mean anything by it, and it's sincerely annoying as fuck to me because I hate football. But I sincerely apologize if I was trying to be funny and read the room wrong, my bad (and I don't mean that sarcastically, I know it can be difficult to tell online without tone of voice). Thank you both for being cool about it.

It's just annoying as shit not being into sports at all and living here for the last 20 years. It's exhausting. I know most people would love it because it's historical but I'm so done with it. Especially when you travel within the US, you're like public enemy no. 1 as soon as you meet someone. I'll back off though, I do genuinely apologize. I didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade, I guess I wasn't as self aware of my own sense of humor as I should have been. My bad on that, seriously too, not being a back handed prick.

Also (and I sincerely mean this in jest, I'm just poking fun), it could have been waaaay worse. I could have been a HUGE sports fan and done nothing but endlessly talk shit across all four sports the last twentyish years or so. If anything you guys got off easy because I prefer Dungeons & Dragons, hahaha. It's why it drives me nuts, Boston people are annoying as fuck to begin with so spoon feeding them title after title is literally my worst nightmare realized.

But yes, enjoy your football season and I'll stop being a passive dick. Thank you for calling me out on it. If any of you come to Boston ever I'll bring you to a cool museum and not talk about the douchey Patriots.

Thanks, Ach. For the record it never bothered me enough to actually bring it up but it’s way easier to hear shit talk from a fan than from someone who admits he doesn’t care at all about it. That’s just me though.
    To me, if you were a hardcore Pats fan in here saying “Fuck you losers! Pats are the best EVAAAAHHH!!!” every weekend I’d be like “Well, he’s right. Fuck em but he’s right. I’d be saying the same thing if my team won 6 Superbowls”
    But when you’re like “If the Pats have another championship parade and I have to sit through this again, I swear to God! You guys better get your shit together because I can’t handle another Super Bowl.”
    It’s like nails on a chalkboard. It’s worse than bragging. Way worse. But whatever. It’s all in fun. Thanks for taking it well.
    My wife said the watch shown on the show said uh the bad guy groups name before Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
    That’s the other thing about the Patriots incredible run of success. The AFC East is the shittiest division in the history of professional football.
    It’s not just that the Dolphins, Jets and Bills have all been shitty for most of the last 20 years. None of them have even produced a franchise QB in the last 20 years. Not one worth mentioning anyway. Every year it’s Tom Brady versus a collection of hacks, bums and washed up retreads trying to give it one last go. And sure Tom is the best ever, but it hasn’t hurt that he’s been facing off against stooges his entire career.
    Wonder how things may have been different if there was a consistently good franchise that the Pats were battling with for the division through the Brady/Belichick years. Maybe even a team with a real franchise QB. And not even a Rogers or Brees but like a Matt Ryan, Russell Wilson, Big Ben or Cam Newton. Just someone good instead of these scarecrows the rest of the AFC East keep putting under center every...single...season.
    How can 3 teams in the same fucking division not find a good QB in 20 fucking years?? My god.
    So. Much. This.

I have been saying this for years. Half their season feels like a bye because the rest of the division sucks.

If pats were in the NFC, are they still good as they are? I mean title wise.

No. No way. They haven’t had a legit division rival during Brady’s entire career. They basically have a ticket to the playoffs punched before the season starts every year, and usually a bye. And I’m not saying they aren’t great because they are, but the advantage of playing in the dumpster fire of the AFC East can’t be overstated.
    If the Packers, Saints, Seahawks, Panthers, Falcons or any other solid franchise with a real franchise QB had been in the AFC East all this time with Brady, I don’t think the story is even close. They’d have rings but probably half as many.

Thread Information