Page 338 of 492 FirstFirst ... 238288328334335336337338339340341342348388438 ... LastLast
Results 3,371 to 3,380 of 4916

Thread: For NFL fans

That kind of thing is hard to say and I think a big reason why player "character issues" lead to drastically different evaluations and grades by teams before the draft. Judging how a person will impact the growth of others is pretty difficult unless they're a well respected veteran in which case the answer is usually that they will help that growth.

I think it really depends on how much Gordon himself has changed and his demonstration of that. If Callaway can see Gordon as someone who's really escaped from a Johnny Football-like purgatory, then he should be a positive influence. That said, the effect would probably be stronger had Gordon come back a year earlier and re-established himself as a top tier wideout or something. Ultimately it's really anybody's guess but I think Gordon will try to help him out, and Callaway will have to meet him halfway. Of course, you have to factor the other guys into this too and I don't really know what to expect from Landry any more

I think Callaway with a paycheck immediately solves some of his issues as his character issues had to do with insurance fraud to try and get money.

My other car is a TARDIS. bdog1321's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulky View Post
    The Raiders had a really good draft class. Not getting the "oh shit they got a stud" in the first made it feel bad, but the vision in the end was pretty good.
    Most of the analysts gave the raiders poor grades, but I guess that's why grading draft picks the day after is so stupid
    [URL=http://s217.photobucket.com/user/bdog1321/media/jfk-1.jpg.html]

[ broke link: http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...sdb2e3340.gif]

it was short lived but it was fun <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash
    You're actually a stupid people.

I Love Lex and want to have his babies

I think particularly on the defensive end the Raiders have potentially the biggest boom or bust draft. It's funny because they got Kolton who some would have considered a reach at 15 (though as a Tackle, probably not) but got 1st Round Defensive talents in the 3rd and 5th in Key and Hurst. If Key's a head-case and Hurst is a heart-case, then I don't think it's a very good draft. If those two player's problems are over blown, they I think it's a great draft, because it's hard to find that kind of prolific talent late day 2 / early day 3, where comparatively my team the Bears drafted primarily defensive players from small universities.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    Hey Sano if we get Lorenzo Carter you gonna become a Bears fan lol?
    I just want Smith to destroy people at a high level in the NFL forever.

I thought the Browns did an amazing job with their draft. They have enough talent to go from 1-31 to playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanosuke View Post
    I just want Smith to destroy people at a high level in the NFL forever.

I thought the Browns did an amazing job with their draft. They have enough talent to go from 1-31 to playoffs.
    What about Wims?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmarez View Post
    What about Wims?
    Javon Wims reminds me of Dez Bryant but more raw. Big target at 6-4, can probably stay around 210-220 range. Not the fastest guy but his jumpball skills are excellent. Should excell as a big red zone target. Poor man's Mike Evans or Dez Bryant but should given the chance I think he could produce after a couple years of learning in the NFL.

Javon Wims reminds me of Dez Bryant but more raw. Big target at 6-4, can probably stay around 210-220 range. Not the fastest guy but his jumpball skills are excellent. Should excell as a big red zone target. Poor man's Mike Evans or Dez Bryant but should given the chance I think he could produce after a couple years of learning in the NFL.
    I think he'll be given the chance. We brought in a lot of guys but there's not a reason he shouldn't get a roster spot. Right now I have Demarcus Ayers, Josh Bellamy, and Marlon Brown cut from the 88 we currently have under contract, and Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel, Anthony Miller, Kevin White, Bennie Fowler, and Javon Wims. I think Bellamy or Fowler make the roster as a solid guy who's just a guy who can play assignment football. But I don't think you need both. Otherwise he shouldn't have too much competition, unless they insist on making Ayers the returner.

I think he could theoretically win a spot over Kevin White even though. If he shows up to camp prepared I think he'll do fine. Having Roquan with him I think will probably help.

someone make sure bdog is ok pls

someone make sure bdog is ok pls
    What did I miss?

Thread Information